Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
3 Racing Sakura Advance 21M >

3 Racing Sakura Advance 21M

Like Tree31Likes

3 Racing Sakura Advance 21M

Old 09-26-2020, 06:57 PM
  #31  
gwc
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 87
Default

end of the discussion...😅🤣😂have our nickers in a twist...lmao
gwc is offline  
Old 10-20-2020, 04:18 AM
  #32  
gwc
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 87
Default

rcMart put out a unbox video this morning but still no stock....maybe soon!
gwc is offline  
Old 10-26-2020, 06:17 PM
  #33  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 10
Default

Integy has them in stock, same price as the 20M. Who is going to be the guinea pig?

I'm very happy with the two 20M's I have (one in carbon fiber chassis setup for asphalt USGT, the other now sporting an aluminum chassis for indoor VTA carpet racing thanks to RaceVTA) so I'm probably not going to jump in on one of these.
gwc likes this.
Flyingmaddog is offline  
Old 10-26-2020, 07:31 PM
  #34  
gwc
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 87
Default

Originally Posted by Flyingmaddog View Post
Integy has them in stock, same price as the 20M. Who is going to be the guinea pig?

I'm very happy with the two 20M's I have (one in carbon fiber chassis setup for asphalt USGT, the other now sporting an aluminum chassis for indoor VTA carpet racing thanks to RaceVTA) so I'm probably not going to jump in on one of these.
Yea I run my 20M on indoor black carpet with the aluminum chassis in the 21.5 TC class and having a ball with it!
gwc is offline  
Old 10-27-2020, 03:04 AM
  #35  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 3,522
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tuf View Post
That doesn't the same at all, the motor is front of the spur gear on the T4 2019 and back for the Sakura 21.
On the T4 2019, the space on the left side for the electronic is symetric and well balanced with the space taking by the battery on the right side. It's not the case at all for the Sakura 21 which is bad designed one again.

You don't understand what you're talking about, end of the discussion...
It's not that simple. The spur itself is in a different location between the two cars. It's quite possible for the motor position to not change while moving the spur layshaft forward, or vice versa. The Schumacher Mi7 is an extreme example - the motor is still in front of the spur, but is significantly further forward than the conventional rear layout.
gwc likes this.
gigaplex is offline  
Old 10-27-2020, 06:05 AM
  #36  
Tuf
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 76
Default

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
It's not that simple. The spur itself is in a different location between the two cars. It's quite possible for the motor position to not change while moving the spur layshaft forward, or vice versa. The Schumacher Mi7 is an extreme example - the motor is still in front of the spur, but is significantly further forward than the conventional rear layout.

Yes but just look where the motor is located on the Sakura 21M, regardless the location of the spear gear : there is nothing facing it on the right side of the chassis.

This will result by a way unbalanced chassis cause the motor is the heavier electronic part on the left side, and servo the lighter. The battery is quite equal in weight along the right side.

It's what I try to explain since the begining.


On the T4 2019 which was took for exemple, the motor is facing the rear of the battery, and the servo the front of the battery. This result by a more balanced chassis.


The Schumacher Mi7 is like the Sakura S64 which I own : The motor is more on the middle and the chassis is very well balanced without any useless adding weight.

The location of the motor is also relatively equal than on a mid-pulley chassis like the Sakura 20M or T4 2020, maybe a bit less rear for Mi7 and S64.


It's very disapointing that 3racing didn't keep the middle location for the motor, like on their S64. Cause there're the same belts for both (so same 6/4 belt ratio).
Tuf is offline  
Old 10-27-2020, 06:10 AM
  #37  
Tuf
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 76
Default

The motor located in the middle is also a good thing for smooth shorter corners. It makes a pivot point for rotation, cause it' the heavier part on the left side.
Tuf is offline  
Old 10-27-2020, 06:56 AM
  #38  
Tuf
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 76
Default

Originally Posted by Flyingmaddog View Post
Who is going to be the guinea pig?
Not me Unless they finally do a mid-motor option
Tuf is offline  
Old 10-27-2020, 07:13 AM
  #39  
gwc
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 87
Default

Originally Posted by Tuf View Post
Not me Unless they finally do a mid-motor option
They already have a mid motor in the 20m.🤣
gwc is offline  
Old 10-27-2020, 07:22 AM
  #40  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
sugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 735
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tuf View Post
Not me Unless they finally do a mid-motor option
They do make a mid motor option, the Sakura Advance 20M. I think you are assuming the 21M supercedes the 20M like Xray does things but I don't think that is the case. Like Mopar stated early in this thread, this car appears to be an update of the 2K18. Two different beasts.
gwc likes this.
sugs is offline  
Old 10-27-2020, 10:04 AM
  #41  
gwc
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 87
Default

Originally Posted by sugs View Post
They do make a mid motor option, the Sakura Advance 20M. I think you are assuming the 21M supercedes the 20M like Xray does things but I don't think that is the case. Like Mopar stated early in this thread, this car appears to be an update of the 2K18. Two different beasts.
True and the new relief cut chassis should give more tuning options for medium to low traction asphalt tracks. And with the up coming option of the ARS will offer even more tuning options.
gwc is offline  
Old 10-27-2020, 06:08 PM
  #42  
Tuf
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 76
Default

Originally Posted by gwc View Post
They already have a mid motor in the 20m.🤣
The 20M isn't for sale anymore...
Tuf is offline  
Old 10-27-2020, 06:13 PM
  #43  
Tuf
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 76
Default

Originally Posted by gwc View Post
True and the new relief cut chassis should give more tuning options for medium to low traction asphalt tracks. And with the up coming option of the ARS will offer even more tuning options.
The new relief cut chassis is an interesting option, narrower front spool and rear diff as well.

I don't think the 21M is an evolution of the 2K18, very different conception.
Looks like they wanted to make a pro version of the S64, and decided at the last time to put the motor in rear position.
Tuf is offline  
Old 10-27-2020, 07:18 PM
  #44  
gwc
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 87
Default

Originally Posted by Tuf View Post
The 20M isn't for sale anymore...
Integy still has the 20M in stock https://www.ebay.com/itm/3Racing-KIT...4383.l4275.c10
And rcMart still sells them they are just out of stock but you can backorder it.
Tuf likes this.
gwc is offline  
Old 10-27-2020, 08:09 PM
  #45  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
sugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 735
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Tqracing.com also still lists the 20m as coming soon, and almost all their 3racing kits are out of stock. I'm guessing the current Pandemic is causing some production/shipping delays.
gwc likes this.
sugs is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.