Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
"Best" touring car bodies out there currently? >

"Best" touring car bodies out there currently?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree91Likes

"Best" touring car bodies out there currently?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2021, 04:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Schwartz6 is a scammer.
Old 08-09-2021, 09:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Eastcoast13.5
Schwartz6 is a scammer.
What did he do? (to be clear, not defending him, just curious...) Also, I just noticed, it looks like he got suspended.

Last edited by rcbuggy88; 08-09-2021 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Saw that Schwartz6 got suspended
Old 08-10-2021, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eastcoast13.5
Schwartz6 is a scammer.
i banned him permanently yesterday
dawgmeat, Ggrant and Pedmar007 like this.
Old 08-10-2021, 07:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by r_lud
Zoo dogsbollocks baybee some find wolverine good
twister both twisters and brutale
montech imola
bittydesign hyper hr
If I had to limit to one I would go twister
Old 08-10-2021, 10:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by r_lud
If I had to limit to one I would go twister
I went ahead and got all 3, the Twister, the Twister Speciale and the brutale. I must say the Twister takes it..
Hannes and r_lud like this.
Old 09-03-2021, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hannhann00
how do the above "peak performance" TC bodies compare in performance to a good GT body such as the Protoform Vittoria? It is mega looking and i'd like to run it - is it a disadvantage to run this body in TC class? I get that it's a GT body and not for TC class but the thing is most of the "TC" bodies also look quite exotic and some are similar in theme to this (although this has more scale proportions which in my views avoid the ugly factor).
This is a good question. I´m planning to buy a new body for stock 21.5T, and the rules of our championship allow both, GT and TC bodies. Is there a real difference between both kind of bodies? Specially talking about motors with low power.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hyper was in stock at my LHS so pulled the trigger. Looks pretty nice and I will be running stock.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

$36.50 for a body?

Get whatever is on sale! That’s the best.
Lonestar and glennhl like this.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:58 AM
Tech Regular

What about the Blitz Roadster and the Mon-Tech Imola?
Old 09-13-2021, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eotz;[url=tel:15823567
15823567[/url]]What about the Blitz Roadster and the Mon-Tech Imola?
I have the Imola, it’s not run yet but, it’s super thin material. My front fenders had creases NIP. Going to pick up another one and a couple Hyper-HR bodies. The HR is by far the best looking body out IMO other than the Baybee or Wolverine. I know it doesn’t matter but hopefully they work.

Another person here (this thread) recommended the Imola 👍🏼
Old 10-12-2021, 03:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi All,
What would people recommend for indoor Touring car Stock racing on carpet ..... ??
Old 10-12-2021, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

What’s the consensus on the JCon AOne2 vs the DogBollox and Twisters? Trying to support my local black carpet hobbyshop but they’re not able to get the DB and Twisters.

They can get the Bitty HR as well if anybody has had any luck with that.

Last edited by MikeO; 10-12-2021 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-13-2021, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KBRacing
Hi All,
What would people recommend for indoor Touring car Stock racing on carpet ..... ??
Twister Speciale 0.5
Eotz likes this.
Old 10-31-2021, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MikeO
What’s the consensus on the JCon AOne2 vs the DogBollox and Twisters? Trying to support my local black carpet hobbyshop but they’re not able to get the DB and Twisters.

They can get the Bitty HR as well if anybody has had any luck with that.
I have the JConcepts A One R Racer 2 and while I can't compare it to the DBX or Twister, I have run it against a Protoform LTC-R and the A2R is much more responsive, for better or worse. In the hands of a local fast guy, it looked good and hit close to the faster laps on the track (CRC black, 100ft straight, technical), but I personally prefer the LTC-R.
  • Straights: The A2R changed long directions very quickly, meaning any corrections on throttle are sensitive, while the LTC-R was more forgiving, and felt more planted.
  • Sweepers: Again, the A2R showed its higher responsiveness, giving it a very lithe, precise feel. It has a "carving" feeling while turning, and the LTC-R felt more hover-ey, like some have described the twister on this thread a while back. A2R was like a scalpel, LTC-R like a spoon.
  • Tight turns: Scalpel vs swimming donut, the A2R is noticeably faster in corners but more nervous as well. The LTC-R felt like a sponge, again more forgiving.
  • Chicane: The A2R shines here, the precise response compared to the LTC-R means you can stick closer to a straight line through rather than "bounce" around with the LTC-R's more rounded responses to steering adjustments.
Overall I think I will be trying another body like the twister that has a longer rear overhang and more square/angled shoulder line.
Stuff Of Legend likes this.
Old 05-09-2023, 05:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am getting annoyed at the frequent breakage of TC bodies. One may say "don't hit - simple". Yeah but I don't control how others drive and some times it is inevitable.
I have tried many 0.7mm bodies, latest and older versions, but all cracked / broke the front lip or the rear after 3 batteries, most. I have heard, shoe-goo / carpet glue does the trick but unfortunately the ones here in Saudi Arabia didn't actually do anything, instead made the body heavy. The ones that didn't crack, without any glue, are the GT bodies even after 10 batteries. Must be the fact they are 0.8mm.
My question; finally: What options are available for 0.8 or 1.0mm TC bodies? Preferably newer versions, please.
We drive on a medium sized flowing track with 13.5T and 17.5T motors.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.