Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
"Best" touring car bodies out there currently? >

"Best" touring car bodies out there currently?

Like Tree59Likes

"Best" touring car bodies out there currently?

Old 08-05-2020, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Where can you order the Xtreme Twister body in the US?
Old 08-05-2020, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by over gear View Post
Where can you order the Xtreme Twister body in the US?
https://www.michaelsrchobbies.com/xt...t-tc-body.html

The .5mm body looks to be "Super Light," and the .7mm body looks to be "Ultra Light."
over gear likes this.
Old 08-05-2020, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by riceball777 View Post
Will I really notice a difference in lap times coming from a protoforme type s and going to a twister extreme ?
In my experience, the step between an LTC to a Type S was a bigger step than from a Type S to a Turismo/DBX/Twister. I've seen people take off their DBX or Turismo and put on their Type S because it was faster for them on that particular day. I bet the Twister in general is probably faster than the Type S, and that is why it is one of the more popular bodies at the moment, but there are so many other important variables to going fast. Spending money on tires and practice sessions is still probably the best investment for most of us. On the other hand, I like having a couple extra body choices in my pit bag because switching bodies is such an easy tuning option.
purplerain likes this.
Old 08-11-2020, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by r_lud View Post
i have the hyper and it seems neutral (for the new high downforce shells) itís like the zoo baybee but just little less steering the dogsbolloxs is more aggressive then the twister is more so again
I mounted the hyper 6 mm forward that might that cause of too much steering. I never tried Zoo Racing bodies yet.. I got my car pretty well balance with PF Type S.
Old 08-14-2020, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Protoform said it right-- aero matters!

The challenge is that bodies change a lot too so it is hard to keep up. I think some of us would like a ltc-r or speed6 again...

Bodies lasting many runs, especially for newbies might be more important than the last 0.2s/lap.

Almost as important as the body is where/how you mount it. This can totally change a body performance.
​​​
Dogsbollox is the new LTCR :-)
And in 0.7mm it is pretty durable
Old 08-24-2020, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

My experience this summer with Bittydesign bodies on T4-17 running on asphalt prepped parking lot medium+ grip track. Hyper has the most down force and is very stable, I mounted mine at 0mm. M410 mounted +2 was stable and easy to drive but lap times were less than the Hyper. JP8 mounted +4 had lots of steering and was faster than the M410 but was a little too free for my liking. I like a stable car with more push than steering. Overall the Hyper is best for me but I feel its a little too locked in and would like something just a tad free-er. I am going to try cutting the wing down a bit and see if it helps.

Id like to try the Zoo DBX, Baybee or Xtreme Twister but cant decide which one to see if its better than the Hyper.
Ivan Dickson likes this.
Old 02-09-2021, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

So what's the verdict on Twister Special and Wolverine
compared to everything else🤔
Old 02-09-2021, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I have personally had great success with these. Good grip and fast lap times.

This one dropped over 2 tenths off my lap time

The new one from Protoform is nice

EDWARD2003, glennhl and garnt like this.
Old 02-09-2021, 04:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Metalsoft View Post
I have personally had great success with these. Good grip and fast lap times.I

This one dropped over 2 tenths off my lap time

The new one from Protoform is nice
I could totally see these being the hot ticket on a 3Rarcing chassis.
Old 02-09-2021, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

Wink

😊 thank you for your opinion

Old 02-09-2021, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stuff Of Legend View Post
😊 thank you for your opinion

Different driving styles and setup are going to favor different bodies. With that said, use the baybee until it has too much steering for you, then switch to the dbx or twister. I still havenít figured out where the wolverine shines. Now, when traction starts to really come up, I like the ysot. It has a carving rotation compared to the twisterís hover craft feel.

Old 02-10-2021, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks trilerian
Old 02-10-2021, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RussF View Post
My experience this summer with Bittydesign bodies on T4-17 running on asphalt prepped parking lot medium+ grip track. Hyper has the most down force and is very stable, I mounted mine at 0mm. M410 mounted +2 was stable and easy to drive but lap times were less than the Hyper. JP8 mounted +4 had lots of steering and was faster than the M410 but was a little too free for my liking. I like a stable car with more push than steering. Overall the Hyper is best for me but I feel its a little too locked in and would like something just a tad free-er. I am going to try cutting the wing down a bit and see if it helps.

Id like to try the Zoo DBX, Baybee or Xtreme Twister but cant decide which one to see if its better than the Hyper.
Your hyper feels too locked in because you mounted it at 0mm. I go +6 for asphalt and +4 for carpet. If I need more rotation I will move the wing forward.
RussF likes this.
Old 02-10-2021, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by trilerian View Post
Different driving styles and setup are going to favor different bodies. With that said, use the baybee until it has too much steering for you, then switch to the dbx or twister. I still havenít figured out where the wolverine shines. Now, when traction starts to really come up, I like the ysot. It has a carving rotation compared to the twisterís hover craft feel.
Unless I'm misunderstanding, it sounds like you're saying the Baybee has more steering than the Twister and DBX. That hasn't been my experience, when it comes to CRC carpet. I haven't run the YSOT but If I rated the remaining bodies from most steering to least it would be as follows:

-OG Twister / Wolverine (tie)
-Twister Special
-DBX/Baybee (tie)

The OG Twister is the body I see most often on front running cars at national level races (except ROAR nats where it's not legal). I've seen both AMX and Xray drivers run it so it seems to be brand agnostic. Xray drivers usually run it further forward and AMX drivers run it more neutral.

I do agree that the Twister has a 'hovercraft' feel to it. In my experience, that hovercraft feel (no matter the body) is what produces the fastest lap times, provided you can hang on to it. A car that 'carves' is usually slower for the entire run or fades more later in the run.
Old 02-10-2021, 11:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BEMO2019 View Post
Your hyper feels too locked in because you mounted it at 0mm. I go +6 for asphalt and +4 for carpet. If I need more rotation I will move the wing forward.
The body is still in decent shape so I may run it again this summer. Do you think cutting down the wing a tad would help "loosen" it? I dont favor an overly "steery" car and like the locked in feel because I tend to be a little ham fisted around the corners and lose the rear end sometimes. Yes I need to work on my smoothness.

I was able to buy a Baybee and try it last year as well. It did have more steering at 0 forward than the Hyper at 0 forward. Took off the Baybee and put the Hyper back on. Its more suited to my style. Maybe when its time for something new I will try something different or maybe just stick with the Hyper and mount it 2-4 forward as suggested.

BTW - General observation - If mounting the body forward is almost always the right answer, why dont the manufacturers make it look/fit better when mounted forward? As in the position of the wheel cutouts are always funky when mounted forward.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.