Reviving electric on road >

Reviving electric on road

Like Tree648Likes

Reviving electric on road

Old 01-23-2021, 06:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
Tv/radio advertising? What track/hobby store has that kind of money for advertising.

I admire your idealism. But Iíve still not read anything as to how to better promote RC racing. I know you are more towards on road. But having spent 7 months now weekly at an off road track. The lack of promotion is a problem for both.

We had a new track open recently in Chicagoland. Iíve been trying to get the word out as some that I race off road with have interest in trying on road also. Found that 3 live within a mile of the new track, one is literally 4 blocks away. But hadnít heard a word about it until a week ago when I showed them a video on the tracks Facebook page.

Unfortunately, the 3 track all run their races on Saturdays. So Iíve had to pick one to run at. Iím still planning to get up to the new track for a practice day. But I donít know when that will be.
I try to be respectful to everyone but with all due respect, I've found you to be one of the most negative people in this discussion. Most everyone else has at least tried to bring something to the table to further the topic, but all you seem to do is talk about why this or that won't work or how it won't work in your situation and on and on. If youre going to talk about why something won't or can't work, how about adding a solution that you think can work or that can be fleshed out?
Old 01-23-2021, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71 View Post
I try to be respectful to everyone but with all due respect, I've found you to be one of the most negative people in this discussion. Most everyone else has at least tried to bring something to the table to further the topic, but all you seem to do is talk about why this or that won't work or how it won't work in your situation and on and on. If youre going to talk about why something won't or can't work, how about adding a solution that you think can work or that can be fleshed out?
TD, you seem a pretty open minded dude. I suspect you wouldn't have posted the above is you knew about the below:

Billy may not talk about all his solutions but he IS doing something about it. He's steady making videos of whatever kind of running/racing he does. His comments on what will and won't work are based in reality as someone that has tried promotion in various forms, traveled to various tracks, spoken to race directors/track owners...etc. Have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDr...YpLFlN7U9gTVtA
gigaplex likes this.
Old 01-23-2021, 07:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for the link sps. My only comments about the videos are!
1) i do recall him posting some videos of racing earlier in the discussion
2) the videos i watched didn't have much engagement. Youtube is an excellent resource but if no one knows about your videos then they can only help so much. I know i did some videos of racing at home track before I had surgery and got a good few views on the groups I shared them on which leads to
3) social media can be a powerful tool when used correctly. I don't know how much he shares his YouTube channel and videos on FB and other platforms but I reckon if they had a wider reach that might at least help introduce people to the track in particular and onroad in general.
Old 01-25-2021, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Since a certain somebody can not control himself from spamming his track this thread is now closed.
J.Whiting and metalcrafter like this.