Like Tree1108Likes

Exotek F1ultra

Old 11-24-2022, 11:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a few batteries ran thru my 1st set of reds on crc black carpet. Wear is really low/good. Grip is good & expect them to get better once they break in. I have not glued my sidewalls yet as I'm waiting to see what grip is like once broke in.
JCarr and rtebbe like this.
Old 11-25-2022, 06:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Is anyone running their CW kit with the original top shock setup? I noticed some photos of the kit like that. Thinking about giving the CW a go on asphalt.
Old 11-25-2022, 09:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Finished up a white Ferrari on one of the new WRC bodies. Rough around the edges but itíll do. Just need to do the helmet.

JCarr, gwhiz, rtebbe and 3 others like this.
Old 11-26-2022, 02:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looks great, Hulkenberg or Magnussen?
Old 11-26-2022, 08:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Khoff77 View Post
Looks great, Hulkenberg or Magnussen?

magnussen for today since I already had made up some numbers for him. Itís our last club race of the year today so it was a rush job. Going to cut some 27ís after today though.
Old 11-27-2022, 11:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Definitely looks good....
Old 11-28-2022, 06:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Mike, when will the soft (red) compound be in stock again? It looks like the rears are out of stock on the exotek site and Amain is out of stock on both front and rear rubber.
Old 11-28-2022, 07:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AsphaltFlyer View Post
I have a few batteries ran thru my 1st set of reds on crc black carpet. Wear is really low/good. Grip is good & expect them to get better once they break in. I have not glued my sidewalls yet as I'm waiting to see what grip is like once broke in.
What other tires have you ran prior to these and how are your lap times compared to the other brand or brands?
Old 11-28-2022, 01:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default standard build or carpet works build?

My local club has an F2 class. 25.5 and rubber tires. The vast majority of people have major understeer issues...may have something to do with the carpet we are running. It's just the carpet you see at movie theaters or convention centers.

So far, most of us have had the best luck with Sweep soft fronts and Shumacher soft rears. I went from the softest side springs to medium springs with a bit of an improvement in steering.

My question is about the carpet works conversion. This version moves the weight balance forward, right? I seem to have tons of rear traction with plenty of understeer. I've tried medium rear tires, but this results in poor accel/braking and squirrelly handling.

Is the Carpet Works conversion a good idea in this case?
Old 11-28-2022, 03:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Jrwperformance View Post

Iím sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in but if I understand correctly, this is the exact instance you would use the CW chassis. When rear grip is there but you just canít get enough steering. Moving the servo all the way forward and running the battery in line would likely help.

Iím debating setting mine up for my local, small asphalt track. The car feels good but likes to push even on soft fronts. I plan to throw everything in the kitchen sink at it next time out. If I canít get the steering I want, Iíll set up the CW chassis.
Jrwperformance likes this.
Old 11-28-2022, 10:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gwhiz View Post
sweet. re-up when you put wheels/tires please
Was able to get the Exotek Reds with new foams mounted upÖ Weather permitting, Iím hopeful for my first on-road experience and race @ Cal Raceway this weekendÖ🤙🤙

JCarr, gwhiz, LonnyJ1950 and 2 others like this.
Old 11-29-2022, 01:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Andybellus View Post
Was able to get the Exotek Reds with new foams mounted upÖ Weather permitting, Iím hopeful for my first on-road experience and race @ Cal Raceway this weekendÖ🤙🤙
It looks great - thanks for uploading
Andybellus likes this.
Old 11-29-2022, 08:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE View Post
What other tires have you ran prior to these and how are your lap times compared to the other brand or brands?
CRC & All of the Schumacher variants. I had a pretty solid setup using most of JB's setup with some of mine. I have yet to compare lap times but the seat of my pants says theses are right there
MUDVAYNE likes this.
Old 11-29-2022, 10:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jrwperformance View Post
My local club has an F2 class. 25.5 and rubber tires. The vast majority of people have major understeer issues...may have something to do with the carpet we are running. It's just the carpet you see at movie theaters or convention centers.

So far, most of us have had the best luck with Sweep soft fronts and Shumacher soft rears. I went from the softest side springs to medium springs with a bit of an improvement in steering.

My question is about the carpet works conversion. This version moves the weight balance forward, right? I seem to have tons of rear traction with plenty of understeer. I've tried medium rear tires, but this results in poor accel/braking and squirrelly handling.

That's what the CW was designed for as noted- more steering than the standard chassis with many options still for going back to the standard battery layout if needed for stability.

Originally Posted by Andybellus View Post

Looks awesome! Hopefully you have some yellow fronts to use as well. The cold asphalt feels more balanced with red rears and yellow fronts this time of year at Cal.
Robbob and Andybellus like this.
Old 11-29-2022, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MikeR View Post

Looks awesome! Hopefully you have some yellow fronts to use as well. The cold asphalt feels more balanced with red rears and yellow fronts this time of year at Cal.
Thanks for getting me the new foams Mike! and yes I have 1 full set of yellow and red tires so should be good! But for the photo looked better all red hahahah
MikeR likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.