Like Tree1108Likes

Exotek F1ultra

Old 11-04-2022, 06:29 AM
Tech Regular

We use the Pit Shimizu softs front and rear in the winter/UK outdoor tarmac.
They are slicks
Old 11-04-2022, 03:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmont3 View Post
What tires do you use when racing in the wet? Regular slicks?
Either the pit shimizu pre mounted soft front and rear. Or the sweep grooves tyres.
Old 11-05-2022, 01:39 AM
Regional Moderator

Anyone having the same problem where the exotek tires hits the new 2022 style front wing when turning??

Old 11-05-2022, 06:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by disaster999 View Post
Anyone having the same problem where the exotek tires hits the new 2022 style front wing when turning??
How many races on this front tire?
Old 11-05-2022, 11:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default F22 wing

I hope not. Just ordered this wing. Will install tomorrow and report back. Looks like maybe you can trim that little extension on the winglet for clearance?
Old 11-05-2022, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Are you running long or short wheelbase?

Martin Paradis
Old 11-05-2022, 07:31 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Acid_CZ View Post
How many races on this front tire?
We rarely race F1 here but a lot of us run F1s. Theres at least 12 packs through this set.
Originally Posted by rtebbe View Post
I hope not. Just ordered this wing. Will install tomorrow and report back. Looks like maybe you can trim that little extension on the winglet for clearance?
Thats what i did, trimmed the winglet back a little until it cleared.
Originally Posted by rhodopsine View Post
Are you running long or short wheelbase?

Martin Paradis
Im running long wheelbase
Old 11-06-2022, 10:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Installed the 2022 Montech front wing. It cleared, but only by a frogs hair. Went ahead and trimmed the point to increase clearance.
Old 11-07-2022, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lorider75 View Post
Mike,
Any idea when the soft front tires will be back in stock? I ordered some locally and they’ve been backordered for 2weeks or so now.
Any updates on this? I've had a set on order through Amain about the same time as lorider75. I'm really anxious to give them a try.
Old 11-07-2022, 02:19 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Question
those new Exotek front Red soft and Yellow or red rear tires is right combo for black Carpet?
Thanks

Last edited by OVA; 11-07-2022 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-07-2022, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Centre Shock

MikeR A couple of questions around the top shock and rear axle/pod droop
To get it to 2mm droop, I've had to set the turnbuckle gap to approx 4mm and crank down on the shock collar(to get 101mm total length).
Trying to work out what I've done wrong.

1) Your setup sheet mentions the red spring 6.8lbs. What is the lbs rating of the kit black spring?
2) When I built the centre shock as per the manual, my axle/pod droop is 7mm. The turnbuckle gap was kit, 9mm.
Can you provide measurements for the shock shaft gap/length(turnbuckle to body)?
Using the kit steel axle and a Fanton 21.5 motor, Pit 575 tyres.
Ride heights are 5.5a, 5.5b, 5.5c and 5 front
How do I get the shock the same as the setup sheets?

Thanks

Last edited by Fredp1; 11-07-2022 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-07-2022, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JCarr View Post
Any updates on this? I've had a set on order through Amain about the same time as lorider75. I'm really anxious to give them a try.
A slightly firmer front insert is in production for these so hoping for 10 days.

Originally Posted by Fredp1 View Post
MikeR A couple of questions around the top shock and rear axle/pod droop
To get it to 2mm droop, I've had to set the turnbuckle gap to approx 4mm and crank down on the shock collar(to get 101mm total length).
Trying to work out what I've done wrong.

1) Your setup sheet mentions the red spring 6.8lbs. What is the lbs rating of the kit black spring?
2) When I built the centre shock as per the manual, my axle/pod droop is 7mm. The turnbuckle gap was kit, 9mm.
Can you provide measurements for the shock shaft gap/length(turnbuckle to body)?
Using the kit steel axle and a Fanton 21.5 motor, Pit 575 tyres.
Ride heights are 5.5a, 5.5b, 5.5c and 5 front
How do I get the shock the same as the setup sheets?

Thanks
Hi,
Kit spring is the same as the red spring, just different manufacturer.
Note that we do not even have a 'droop' setting on the set up sheet for the top shock. It's irrelevant for this car so long as you are running the internal silver spring. Be more concerned with the micro shock droop (works best with .5 thru 2mm and you adjust it by threading/unthreading the ball cup). Perhaps you are confusing our set up sheet with the micro shocks?
Set your top shock turnbuckle gap to about 10mm and set your ride height via the collar and send it!
Why do we set the gap at about 10mm? For medium grip it positions the shock piston in a neutral position inside the shock body to work with the internal spring for better forward bite. If you set the gap at 4mm then the piston will compress the internal spring after you set ride height. The compressed spring will generate less forward bite on medium grip surfaces. On high grip surfaces (carpet) that might be fine being compressed as it will create more on power steering but in that case you might as well just take the internal spring out so that you can then control the top shock droop. Not recommended though in most asphalt track conditions.
So in essence, you can fine tune the forward bite by shortening or lengthening that gap.
JCarr likes this.
Old 11-07-2022, 06:08 PM
Tech Regular

Note that we do not even have a 'droop' setting on the set up sheet for the top shock. It's irrelevant for this car so long as you are running the internal silver spring.

Mike I am a bit confused by this statement. Should the internal spring be used with the carpet setup? Using the shock in the short configuration?

Old 11-07-2022, 06:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ryan391 View Post
Note that we do not even have a 'droop' setting on the set up sheet for the top shock. It's irrelevant for this car so long as you are running the internal silver spring.

Mike I am a bit confused by this statement. Should the internal spring be used with the carpet setup? Using the shock in the short configuration?
If you do not want more on power traction and need more on power steering.
Per the CW carpet chassis, instructions do not use the internal spring and includes the mounting brace to adjust for the shorter shock style.

But for the regular car on carpet, as noted you can run a short, say 4mm top shock gap, and it just compresses the spring similar to not using it.
Old 11-07-2022, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
A slightly firmer front insert is in production for these so hoping for 10 days.

Hi,
Kit spring is the same as the red spring, just different manufacturer.
Note that we do not even have a 'droop' setting on the set up sheet for the top shock. It's irrelevant for this car so long as you are running the internal silver spring. Be more concerned with the micro shock droop (works best with .5 thru 2mm and you adjust it by threading/unthreading the ball cup). Perhaps you are confusing our set up sheet with the micro shocks?
Set your top shock turnbuckle gap to about 10mm and set your ride height via the collar and send it!
Why do we set the gap at about 10mm? For medium grip it positions the shock piston in a neutral position inside the shock body to work with the internal spring for better forward bite. If you set the gap at 4mm then the piston will compress the internal spring after you set ride height. The compressed spring will generate less forward bite on medium grip surfaces. On high grip surfaces (carpet) that might be fine being compressed as it will create more on power steering but in that case you might as well just take the internal spring out so that you can then control the top shock droop. Not recommended though in most asphalt track conditions.
So in essence, you can fine tune the forward bite by shortening or lengthening that gap.
Thanks for clearing that up.

There was confusion when the manual(top of page 29) mentions rear pod droop of 1-2mm for ashphalt and the youtube video by Khoff77 also mentions to set the rear pod droop.

So simply for asphalt, when using the original- 2 piece chasiss(carbon and aluminium), AND using the internal spring in the centre shock, ignore the rear pod droop. (This is different to traditional pan cars with a typical centre shock)
As you said, "Set your top shock turnbuckle gap to about 10mm and set your ride height via the collar and send it!"
Now it makes sense why the setup sheet makes no mention of the rear pod droop. :-)

Now for the side shocks, my understanding is firstly ensure the side shock droop is even left to right.
This is adjusted by the treading/untreading the ball cups and setting the gap between the chassis and end of the ball cup to between .5 to 2mm.
For low grip ashphalt, what would be a starting side spring droop?

Then adjust ride height C by the side shock collars, ensuring the preload/ride height "C" of the rear chasiss is even left to right.

Have I got that right?
MikeR and Khoff77 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.