Like Tree1216Likes

Exotek F1ultra

Old 08-12-2022, 12:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonnydb
I was taking a look at the X1 Release, and i came across this:

I don't have these on either F1 car I own. I never run enough throw for it to matter. The servo stops way before they get to the point of contact. Maybe it's just a carpet thing?
Old 08-13-2022, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheBeave
The servo stops way before they get to the point of contact.

thatīs the point,look this video:

Steering Rack
Old 08-17-2022, 01:11 PM
Tech Regular

Let's see if "works"

MikeR, fat500, alphacat and 2 others like this.
Old 08-21-2022, 07:49 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looking for some help with front grip. Im running my F1ultra on asphalt with the recommended setup posted several page back (the one with 12degree caster) and Volante's soft (yellow dot) fronts hoping to get more front grip. The front tires only seem to be making lots of tire squealing noises and not a whole lot in the grip department. I tried other Volante tires as well ( blue, and green dot) and those dont make too much of a difference. Im waiting to get my hands on the new Exotek tire and wheels to see if that helps, but Im also wondering if my setup has something to do with the understeering Im encountering. The track is pretty flat, grip levels are medium to low and the layout currently has a lot of 180 hair pins
Old 08-22-2022, 12:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi, I run mine on asphalt with Medium grip and found the car understeer with all of the flaps on the front wing. Removed all of them and that fixed the understeer
Old 08-22-2022, 01:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBMaster
I've removed mine, and on very rare occasion you can have an impact that moves the wheels too far and it gets stuck. The stopper is meant to prevent this.

As for Max inside steering angle I set it to 18° by default and never more than 20°. I found that too much angle makes the car plow the front end and not actually steer.
Originally Posted by disaster999
Looking for some help with front grip. Im running my F1ultra on asphalt with the recommended setup posted several page back (the one with 12degree caster) and Volante's soft (yellow dot) fronts hoping to get more front grip. The front tires only seem to be making lots of tire squealing noises and not a whole lot in the grip department. I tried other Volante tires as well ( blue, and green dot) and those dont make too much of a difference. Im waiting to get my hands on the new Exotek tire and wheels to see if that helps, but Im also wondering if my setup has something to do with the understeering Im encountering. The track is pretty flat, grip levels are medium to low and the layout currently has a lot of 180 hair pins
Too much steering angle can cause this issue as well! As for Max inside steering angle, I set it to 18° by default and never more than 20°. I found that too much angle makes the car plow the front end.
JCarr and astgerma52sp like this.
Old 08-22-2022, 02:16 AM
Regional Moderator

Too much steering angle can cause this issue as well! As for Max inside steering angle, I set it to 18° by default and never more than 20°. I found that too much angle makes the car plow the front end.
18 degree inside steering angle seems kind of low....what is the outside steering angle?
Old 08-22-2022, 03:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Where is full kit bro....show complete kit
Old 08-22-2022, 09:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

18 degree inside steering angle seems kind of low....what is the outside steering angle?
Yeah, it does seem kind of low, but in all my testing it has been a huge game changer. The outside steering angle changes based on your Ackerman setup. I haven't tested this on asphalt, but I've won 5 national titles with this setup on 3 different cars.
Old 08-22-2022, 09:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi, I don't think the new tires will increase steering, they may even reduce steering because of the added rear grip.

Try 1 of these to increase low speed steering;
1. Move the battery to the forward holes.
2. Use a lighter lcg battery.
Try 1 of these to increase all speed steering;
3. Go to the blue micro shock springs.
4. Use inner holes (shorter arm) on the steering knuckles and outer holes on the steering crank.
JCarr likes this.
Old 08-22-2022, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Definitely going to check this on my car, I'm sure it's well past 18°.
Old 08-22-2022, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

imo good point is 26š on outside, im using
Old 08-22-2022, 03:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neville51
Hi, I run mine on asphalt with Medium grip and found the car understeer with all of the flaps on the front wing. Removed all of them and that fixed the understeer
Could be your wing is dragging on the ground and once you removed the flaps the wing ends were lighter and dragged less. That's why I like the new Exotek wings- a little higher up to reduce the drag on the ground effect (and push).
robk, Rick Vessell and NutDriver like this.
Old 08-22-2022, 06:45 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by MikeR
Hi, I don't think the new tires will increase steering, they may even reduce steering because of the added rear grip.

Try 1 of these to increase low speed steering;
1. Move the battery to the forward holes.
2. Use a lighter lcg battery.
Try 1 of these to increase all speed steering;
3. Go to the blue micro shock springs.
4. Use inner holes (shorter arm) on the steering knuckles and outer holes on the steering crank.
Thanks Ill give these a try. Been using a regular shorty pack so this could explain some of my understeering.
MikeR likes this.
Old 08-26-2022, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Going through my car again and I setting it up like JB2 settings, but I have a problem matching the front end. When I set the shims on the knuckles like he has, I have 0 front droop and my ride height is at 4.8. Not so sure the droop is a problem though as I'm lacking on power steering and I think having front droop would make that worse, wouldn't it? Just trying to wrap my head around this as I really want my Exotek to be faster than the Roche.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.