Like Tree684Likes

Gt12 USA Spec

Old 08-08-2023, 12:38 PM
  #586  
Tech Master
iTrader: (26)
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,791
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

I've heard/seen (on fb race) a ball diff being used and the driver winning the race but i wouldnt see a gear diff being of great advantage given the weight
phatboislim is offline  
Old 08-09-2023, 05:05 AM
  #587  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
mrreet2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 2,043
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by phatboislim
I've heard/seen (on fb race) a ball diff being used and the driver winning the race but i wouldnt see a gear diff being of great advantage given the weight
They are more consistent, are smoother and can be run a lot looser.
mrreet2001 is offline  
Old 08-09-2023, 05:23 AM
  #588  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 141
Default

Weíve had a couple people try ball diffs and gear diffs on high traction black carpet and they all went back to running spools with more consistent results vs any type of diff
Kruss45 is offline  
Old 08-09-2023, 05:28 AM
  #589  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
mrreet2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 2,043
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Even though they would like to think so, Apex isn't nor does it represent the entire RC community.
mrreet2001 is offline  
Old 08-09-2023, 05:40 AM
  #590  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 141
Default

Originally Posted by mrreet2001
Even though they would like to think so, Apex isn't nor does it represent the entire RC community.
no one suggested that apex represents the entire RC community. With all due respect It seems like you havenít been to apex otherwise you wouldnít have that opinion.
Kruss45 is offline  
Old 08-09-2023, 06:05 AM
  #591  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
mrreet2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 2,043
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kruss45
no one suggested that apex represents the entire RC community. With all due respect It seems like you havenít been to apex otherwise you wouldnít have that opinion.
I don't need to go there to see the general exaggerated sense of importance regarding rules and how to race coming out of the track. Example: Spools work or the best at your track. That doesn't mean there isn't a reason to use diffs elsewhere. ... and yet you respond with an absolute statement "no one runs the gear diff on black carpet" which both asserts that every track is black carpet, that all black carpet installs are the same and that there is no one in the USA that runs a diff. You could have said "no one at my track runs a diff" which is probably a very fair statement. Yet you worded in such a way that says what I see at my track is the only way.
mrreet2001 is offline  
Old 08-09-2023, 07:59 AM
  #592  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 141
Default

Originally Posted by mrreet2001
I don't need to go there to see the general exaggerated sense of importance regarding rules and how to race coming out of the track. Example: Spools work or the best at your track. That doesn't mean there isn't a reason to use diffs elsewhere. ... and yet you respond with an absolute statement "no one runs the gear diff on black carpet" which both asserts that every track is black carpet, that all black carpet installs are the same and that there is no one in the USA that runs a diff. You could have said "no one at my track runs a diff" which is probably a very fair statement. Yet you worded in such a way that says what I see at my track is the only way.
you make statements about how a place operates without any evidence that what youíre saying is true because you havenít been to the track that youíre talking about. Yes Iím guessing that most tracks in the us are black carpet. So what I said is true. If youíre this hung up over the words that I used then maybe the internet isnít the place for you. Have a nice day
Kruss45 is offline  
Old 08-09-2023, 08:05 AM
  #593  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (110)
 
Core Creations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back in the booth
Posts: 6,301
Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default

I was under the impression that many did like the gear diff for black carpet. Either the spool or gear diff depending on your preference and track.
simple and mrreet2001 like this.
Core Creations is offline  
Old 08-09-2023, 08:16 AM
  #594  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 141
Default

Originally Posted by Core Creations
I was under the impression that many did like the gear diff for black carpet. Either the spool or gear diff depending on your preference and track.
Iíve never seen a setup sheet that used a gear diff for gt12 on black carpet. Iíve talked with other people who have tried it on black carpet and they all went back to using spools. My opinion is use whatever kind of diff you want to use or donít use a diff at all. Badmouthing a particular track especially one that you havenít been to though is not what this hobby needs.
Kruss45 is offline  
Old 08-09-2023, 08:39 AM
  #595  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
mrreet2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 2,043
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kruss45
you make statements about how a place operates without any evidence that what you’re saying is true because you haven’t been to the track that you’re talking about. Yes I’m guessing that most tracks in the us are black carpet. So what I said is true. If you’re this hung up over the words that I used then maybe the internet isn’t the place for you. Have a nice day
Im not sure how visiting a track is germane to how they conduct themselves on the internet.
mrreet2001 is offline  
Old 08-09-2023, 10:01 AM
  #596  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 141
Default

Originally Posted by mrreet2001
I don't need to go there to see the general exaggerated sense of importance regarding rules and how to race coming out of the track. Example: Spools work or the best at your track. That doesn't mean there isn't a reason to use diffs elsewhere. ... and yet you respond with an absolute statement "no one runs the gear diff on black carpet" which both asserts that every track is black carpet, that all black carpet installs are the same and that there is no one in the USA that runs a diff. You could have said "no one at my track runs a diff" which is probably a very fair statement. Yet you worded in such a way that says what I see at my track is the only way.
Originally Posted by mrreet2001
Im not sure how visiting a track is germane to how they conduct themselves on the internet.
check your messages. The forum is not the place for you and I to discuss this
Kruss45 is offline  
Old 08-09-2023, 11:00 AM
  #597  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
mrreet2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 2,043
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kruss45
In the end it doesnít matter what is said online. What matters is how you are treated by people when you go to a different track and I can tell you without any reservations that when you come to apex youíre going to meet the most respectful and helpful people.
Nice to know.
mrreet2001 is offline  
Old 08-09-2023, 01:57 PM
  #598  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
mrreet2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 2,043
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kruss45
check your messages. The forum is not the place for you and I to discuss this
Perfect idea Ö that way no one else can read it and tell you you are wrong.
mrreet2001 is offline  
Old 08-09-2023, 02:23 PM
  #599  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Xpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Land of high taxes and bad football
Posts: 1,810
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mrreet2001
Im not sure how visiting a track is germane to how they conduct themselves on the internet.
https://youtu.be/4xGIDYKcuKc
RacinJ, mrreet2001 and Kruss45 like this.
Xpress is offline  
Old 08-09-2023, 02:55 PM
  #600  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
mrreet2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 2,043
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Xpress
lol someone got it.
mrreet2001 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.