R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   3800 ? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/106674-3800.html)

benroc 03-20-2006 03:50 PM

3800 ?

i got a new pack from promatch and i did a soft charge like they recommened and it only peaked at 400mah , so i discharged at 30 amp and after about 5 seconds 2 of the lights went out and the rest took about 5 min to go out , is there something wrong with the pack ?

TL_XXX-S_racer 03-20-2006 04:11 PM

Did you use the GFX to discharge the pack or did u use the 030 discharger? If you used the Integy 030, thats a discharger not an equalizer. I recomend the Tekin Battery Doctor 8.0, which works great. Try charging it again, having the correct charging settings so the battery peaks off at around 125-135 F. Equalize the pack and give it a regular charge. I got mine and charged them up, with no problem. Try charging them but keep an eye on the temp. I dont believe the pack is bad or something is wrong. Try contaction ProMatch as well. It could be as simple as a false charge. Overall those packs will be awsome for whatever use youre going to put them too. You will be amazed with the power and run time. I was 100% satisfied with the 3 packs i ordered, and great service from ProMatch. :nod:

Hope this helps,and good luck
Chris

benroc 03-20-2006 04:43 PM

no gfx charger but i have the duratrax ice , and the intgety dischsrge tray 30 amp , so discharge on the teken tray to equalize then charge again ?

TL_XXX-S_racer 03-20-2006 06:09 PM

try charging the pack again, just put it on the 030 discharger till the lights go out. Then see what it peaks at. Temperature, and mAh. Try contacting ProMatch though if it continues. The Tekin tray equalizes the cells to the same voltage which is good so each cells gets the same amount of charge. Compared to the 030 discharges at 30amps it doesnt cut off at a certain voltage. If you leave the pack in long enough it goes down to 0 volts (correct me if im wrong). What I also like to do is once youre done using the pack put it on the 030 discharger until the lights get very dim. Then take the pack out of the tray and then place it in an equalizer(Tekin 8.0).

Good luck
Chris

rc10bob 03-20-2006 11:20 PM

Hi, I too just ordered batteries from Promatch, I have a ice charger. And Novak Smart tray. Should I buy Tekin Doc.

Ike 03-20-2006 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by rc10bob
Hi, I too just ordered batteries from Promatch, I have a ice charger. And Novak Smart tray. Should I buy Tekin Doc.

No, your smart tray is just as good if not better.

burbs 03-21-2006 01:16 AM

If this is a new pack this is normal.. It only took a 400 mah charge because it false peaked,, all new packs false peak.. They have to be trained to work together as a pack...

On any discharge tray one cell will go out before another.. some cells discharge at different rates.. i have never seen a pack in 18 years have all of the cells go out at one time.. Any tray will work well you just have to watch the volatge.. you dont want to over discharge the cell.. the tekin tray is very nice bacuse it cuts off at the lower voltage.. the 30 keeps going until its dead..

after a cell goes out just enscrew the post from the cell. do the same as each goes out.. the rsting volateg after it done should equalize it close...

i dont recomend using a discharge tray to do a fully charged pack tho.. if you do make sure the fan is hooked up.. you can smoske the rsistors, they get very very hot.. Ive seen this happen mutiple times..