R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-27-2006, 10:04 AM   #91
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Andrew Swanson Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Swanson

WoW

all i have to say is Thank You

its great to know that someone is helping us out so much..

Makes me think "if other peoples stuff got stolen would i put this much effort in?"

it used to be NO but seeing these people help has revitalized my thoughts on how much people care.
Andrew Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:50 PM   #92
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hodapp Send a message via Yahoo to Hodapp

Hmmm.....What would I do if I was a millionaire like Bob Novak and my suburban got stolen with all of my "friends who are not millionaires" RC equipment in it? Hmmmmm............Hmmmmmmmm..........yes!......... I would do and pay whatever amount it took to replace my "friends" equipment if my insurance wouldn't cover it. Thats just me though..........it is not Bobs responsibility.......but the dollar amount of equipment that was lost is chump change to Bob. Where is the humanity?
Hodapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:39 PM   #93
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp
Hmmm.....What would I do if I was a millionaire like Bob Novak and my suburban got stolen with all of my "friends who are not millionaires" RC equipment in it? Hmmmmm............Hmmmmmmmm..........yes!......... I would do and pay whatever amount it took to replace my "friends" equipment if my insurance wouldn't cover it. Thats just me though..........it is not Bobs responsibility.......but the dollar amount of equipment that was lost is chump change to Bob. Where is the humanity?
It's not a question of friends, it's insurance. I'm pretty sure Novak has business insurance and they have homeowners insurance.

This is also a lesson for all who don't actually have insurance (either rental or homeowner) to know that personal property is rarely covered in Auto insurance (unless you add it to your policy) and if you travel with expensive stuff that you should have it.

A bad lesson, but it's really common sense to protect what you own.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:42 PM   #94
Tech Master

Hot off the wire:

Novak raises prices of all products .05%

For all that don't know....joking.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:04 PM   #95
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Flack

This is RC related. No joking or fun will happen here.
Bobby Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 04:48 PM   #96
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

Even if you have home owner insurance you will probably get very little money back. My brother had his diamond rolex watch and wedding band and his tahoe registration stolen from his car. Estimated worth 18,000 home owners gave him 3,500
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 04:51 PM   #97
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of B Main
Even if you have home owner insurance you will probably get very little money back. My brother had his diamond rolex watch and wedding band and his tahoe registration stolen from his car. Estimated worth 18,000 home owners gave him 3,500
Sometimes insurances have caps in the "type of loss", you usually have to pay for riders to insure certain types of losses past the normal value of your type of insurance.
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:09 PM   #98
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hodapp Send a message via Yahoo to Hodapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekB
It's not a question of friends, it's insurance. I'm pretty sure Novak has business insurance and they have homeowners insurance.

This is also a lesson for all who don't actually have insurance (either rental or homeowner) to know that personal property is rarely covered in Auto insurance (unless you add it to your policy) and if you travel with expensive stuff that you should have it.

A bad lesson, but it's really common sense to protect what you own.
Hmmmm! And here I thought it was all about friends......friends helping friends........My bad!!
Hodapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:47 PM   #99
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

One think all these factory guys should think about is that what they do for a living takes very expensive equipment and tools to do so. I myself am a self employed trim carpenter. To do this I must own about $10,000 in tools. Not often do I have all them on a jobsite at one time. But I would say that I usually will have least half of them there most of the time. So since I have that many dollars in tools sitting in a empty house usually in a empty neighborhood it only makes common sense to have insurance for these tools. which I have.

So what I am trying to say is that for about $150-$300 a year you can insure the tools that help you provide a living for yourself. I would really think that as much travelling as the factory racers do that they would have insurance against theft or loss. It would be just stupid not to.

And for the guy that posted a page back or too that was asking companies to give handouts to these guys that lost there stuff. I mean no disrespect but that has to be about the stupidest thing I have read on here yet. I had a bunch of my tools stolen from a job a couple weeks ago. Do you think if I call up DeWalt or Stanley or PorterCable and tell them my saab story they might help a brother out...... not.
huskerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:53 PM   #100
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

My renter's insurance cost me $21 a month and covers my R/C equipment and everything else I have in my house.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:53 PM   #101
Tech Elite

The difference here is that you are not paid by dewalt to use their products.

If you worked on some "home DIY program" on TV and used their products, and they got stolen, you would have new ones quicker than you could blink.
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:55 PM   #102
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Smash
My renter's insurance cost me $21 a month and covers my R/C equipment and everything else I have in my house.
Ah yes, but how much does it cover for off premises theft?
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:58 PM   #103
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritRacer
The difference here is that you are not paid by dewalt to use their products.

If you worked on some "home DIY program" on TV and used their products, and they got stolen, you would have new ones quicker than you could blink.
So everytime a racer gets his stuff stolen or "loses" it on a plane every sponsor is supposed to replace everything? Come'on. At some point you have to take some reponsibility.

And look into the type of insurance you get and ask questions.

Odds are if you had a watch with a reciept for $18,000 and they gave you $3,500 you were overvaluing a $3500 watch. IT's call replacement cost not, what I want it to be worth.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:01 PM   #104
Tech Regular

One thing you guys need to know if you have a business ask your insurance man ( person ) if renters, home owners insurance will cover your business items at your home in case of a loss. A friend of mine got a claim turned down by his insurance co. Because they said he did not have the correct type of policy.

Last edited by gotyournumber; 03-27-2006 at 09:24 PM.
gotyournumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:01 PM   #105
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritRacer
Ah yes, but how much does it cover for off premises theft?
That's what it designed to do, cover "personal property." You can add personal property to your auto insurance, but it's more expensive than having renters or home owners. How about you look into these before asking what the cover

They do cover theft, but ASK which policy is right for you. If I was carrying $5,000 plus in property around to all these races, I'd look into protecting it.