Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALERT!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

Kev, be cool bro.

What happened, happened. Nothing is going to get the money back, so there's no reason to cry over spilled milk. That's why I didn't even report it to Stockton PD. I've had to do police reports in the past, and every time, the officer tells me the same thing, "unless somebody saw the people who did it, there's nother we can do about it". If I had waited around for them, I would have probably missed my race.

Here in Glendora, which is suppose to be a "respectable" middle-class community, our old RX-7 got broken into twice and the rear hatch got busted out on my second gen. RX-7, by a group of college students who claimed they "liked the sound of breaking glass" when they finally got caught. After the $500 insurance deductible, only about $50 would have been paid for. The cops also raided a house up the street and found out that it was a crystal meth lab (the smell was the tipoff).

Bad things happen every day, everywhere around the world, even to good people who truly do not deserve it. I believe God has a reason for it happening to me, even tho I don't truly understand why at this time. I also know that He will deal with the people who are responsible for the theft, but when, where, and how, I do not know, nor do I really care. The only thing I can do is learn from my mistakes and move on. Sorry if I got a little preachy there, JM2¢

I had a great time at the race. Met with some nice people out there. Got to hang out with some of my local racing buds also. Finished second in the TC Masters "C" main. Even tho there wasn't enough drivers (only five of us) running to award plaques for this race, I will not forget how I did anytime soon. My first time on carpet, with a TC that even the factory drivers were not running, and I managed finish all four of my heats and main race. Frankly, I'm feeling pretty good. Sure, I got my money stolen from me, but I'm not going to let those petty criminals steal the memories I have of being able to participate in a race of this level.

Hope I get lucky enough to hit the lotto for Reedy this year, if not, then perhaps the KO Propo GP then...

tC
Old 03-20-2006, 08:03 PM
Tech Rookie

that is a bummer guys .dont count out stuff being sold at a local hobby store though.....................Robinette called me after my stuff was stolen one year and the foo was trying to sell it at the track ...................and i was able to stick a putter in his back with closed doors and get all my stuff back......................lword of mouth is powerful keep ur hopes up
Old 03-20-2006, 08:13 PM
The Evicerator

Hey all,

I don't know that it's any comfort to anyone else... but I don't believe they were "fellow racers" who stole all of our stuff...

I am sure that it was the "nice rims" on the suburban that got their attention... all the stuff that happened to be in the back was just "incidental"...

This is the kind of thing that happens and really makes you question the integrity of our fellow human beings that we interact with on a daily basis...

One minute you can be swindled and stolen from... and then the next minute a complete stranger will do some very generous and kind things to help you...

That being said, the whole affair has left me with a very hollow feeling... I lost ALOT of stuff... all my parts, way too many batteries, tools, supplies, etc etc... two complete cars... one of which with a one-off BMI prototype chassis... not to mention clothes, toiletries, ipod, shoes, etc etc... I am glad to say that *most* of it can be replaced easily and that it's all "just material goods"....

But this whole experience has really left me with an odd outlook on things... a confused outlook on things really...

I suppose we could have taken more precautions... but you can always play that "what if" game... and no matter what happens you can start to second-guess yourself and your decisions...but the simple fact of the matter is that bad things happen to good people without any good reason

Anyhow... no use crying about anything... just got to pick ourselves back up and try to put the peices back together...

Thanks everyone for all the support... it means alot to me, billy, andrew, and bob....

With some luck maybe the theives can be apprehended and we can at least get some justice even if we can never get all of our stuff back...
Old 03-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Evicerator--where abouts did this happen?? town, street....etc..
Old 03-20-2006, 08:48 PM
The Evicerator

The truck was stolen out from in front of the Black Angus right across the street from the host hotel.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Steve,

When you have time, please supply a list of the major components that were taken. I can spend some time traveling around to the local hobby shops in our area (Bay Area) to talk it up. Got to think that we are a likely target market for such stuff. Want to do everything possible to help you guys recover your possessions ASAP.

Don't forget to include any transponder numbers. And any recent pictures of your pit setups.

Same goes for Billy, Andrew and any others that were included.

Always your fan.

Bill
Old 03-20-2006, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

i hate theifs........

with a passion....

ive had a few stock/mod motors and parts walk away in the last few months....

go pee from the nerves for the upcoming main...come back.....the stock i jus built and about to put in is gone....and never seen again....

had my own label....and special notching on it as well....

i did live in a very nice town...until the last few years crime rates up like 400% nothings safe....anywhere...
Old 03-20-2006, 09:30 PM
The Evicerator

Bill and to everyone else:

Two Hot bodies cyclones

One is built up for asphalt... with a spool in the front... with my patented "all orange" paint job... it's a ride accord B...

GTB ESC, 4.5 T Velociti Motor, XXtra synth receiver, airtronics 94360 servo, transponder # 9794302, Novak 3700 battery pack, sorex 36 R tires...etc etc...

Second car is built up for foam tires with my "race" paint job

GTB ESC, 4.5 T Velociti Motor, Xxtra synthesized receiver, futaba 9550 servo, Transponder # 4347217, Novak 3700 pack, Jaco foam tires

This car has a prototype BMI 3 mm chassis kit as well... so that's another give away

Sportwerks Blue Radio Bag with Airtronics M11 radio included... have some novak switch modules...both 75 and 27... also included in the bag is a lipo charger for the transmitter pack

Large Blue Sportwerks rolling bag with all of my parts including these notables:

hudy tweak board
much more tire warmers, motor cooler, battery cooler,
parts bins with Hot Bodies spares,
dremel tool with assorted tool bits
2 millenium pro chargers
1 25 A radio shack power supply
1 hakko soldering station
1 checkpoint pit towel
1 orion advantage charger

Trinity hauler duffle bag including:

Red tool box with assorted tools
approximately 30 battery packs... various novak 3300 and 3700 as well as IB 4200 and 3800 cells
Hudy Setup tools
Various sauces, additives, rags, etc etc

1 plain jane looking medium long sized cardboard box

w/ TONS of HB parts inside including chassis, suspsenion, bulkhead, shock parts...
a manilla envelope with TIR Spool, replacement parts, CVDs
Extra Airtronics servos, both 359 and 360...
Extra futaba 9550 servo
Old 03-20-2006, 10:10 PM
Tech Addict

WEAK SAUCE!!

I feel truly sorry for you guys and hope they catch the crooks. I live pretty far from Stockton but have a gut feeling about the town. Instead of ebay, get some locals to hit the flea market immediately and first thing in the morning. I bet you are more likely to find any of the stuff being offed there than any place else.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have already created a posting of Steve's list above in Word and will get it around the hobby shops over the next few days.

Good idea fraz. Will be in San Jose over the weekend and should be able to hit their Flea Market during the weekend. It is the largest in NorCal by all accounts.

This was a good lesson for me. I had my GTI loaded to the hilt on Sunday night with a lot of it visible through the windows. Lesson learned.

More lists please.

Bill
Old 03-20-2006, 11:20 PM
Tech Regular

My list of items:

1. 4500$ Alienware Laptop
2. Ipod mini
3. PSP
4. Brand New T2
5. Like new KO Helios Radio
6. 2 LRP Pulsar Chargers
7. 33A Power Supply
8. Hakko Soldering Iron
9. Orion MPM
10. 3 trinbity batery trays
11. Novak Smart tray
12. Toolbox (including HUDY engraved tools theyre gone )
13. Hudy tweak station and setup system
14. HUDY Tire Truer (brand new with extra bits)
15. XRAY FK05 (parts car)
16. Novak GTX and GTB Velociti Brtushless Systems (multiple motors)
17. 20 Batt packs (brand new SMC packs i got at the race)

and everyother little things here and there screw boxes extra chassis parts 1 of a k,ind tools you name it all gone.

Old 03-20-2006, 11:48 PM
Tech Addict

Very sorry to hear about that! This is really bad and I hope you guys get it sorted out quickly to get you going again.

I know how that feels. Kind of reminds me when we got robbed at gunpoint a few years back in the Holiday Inn at the Reedy Race! At least we still had all the RC stuff, because the 2 guys where not interested in that, but it wasn't a nice experience and it sucked big time to get new papers, credit card, driving license, etc since this was all gone...
Old 03-20-2006, 11:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

I don't know if Billy posts on here, but I talked to him earlier and here is a list of stuff he said he had with him:

-Yokomo Touring car with custom chassis (Transponder #2913477)
-1/12th Scale Car (Transponder #7616502)
-Futaba 3PK radio
-Futaba servos and receivers in both vehicles
-Competition Electronics Charger
-Futaba Charger
-Brand new 4 day old laptop
-Numerous Trinity Motors and Batteries
-Novak speedo's in both vehicles
-All his tools, spare parts, clothes, etc.

If he packed his stuff like he normally does, it will all be in normal luggage bags you would use for clothes, just in case the culprit would be stupid enough to bring the stuff somewhere in the same baggage that it was in when stolen.

Good luck to all on getting the stuff back, hopefully the insurance will cover the loss.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Man sorry to hear what happened to you guys. That truly sucks. Hopefully they will find your stuff or the guys.

I know the car insurance company is not going to give you guys anything and if bob claims the stuff on his home insurance they will probably give him a quarter of what everything is worth.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Stockton

I lived in this city in the 70's and 80's. I had lots of problems with things getting stolen or just taken. Man I don't miss that city. I wanted to go to this race but didn't have the bucks for it. But like most of you. I always pack up my stuff every day and don't leave things in my room.
Craig

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.