Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALERT!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
My brother stayed at the Comfort Inn, "Official Race Hotel" for the ROAR Nats, and the cleaning lady cleaned out his $$ he had in the room instead of just the sheets. She waited until Saturday to do it so it would not be noticed until early Sunday check out. Since he was sharing a room with two others and they paid him cash and he used his CC, she probanly earned an extra months pay in one day. BTW - she went through all the drawers and closed bags as it was hidden. Sounds like the locals were looking forward to this race to help themselves at the expense of the racers.
Why would any one leave cash in your hotel room. Never do that when you travel. Did some one loose a few cars at the snowbirds race.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
...but I fail to see how someone even makes the jump to think of ROAR in this instance
Note use of the word "irony" in title.

Ah, never mind. If you don't get it you don't get it and the small humor present certainly isn't worth explaining. Certainly not if it has to be done slowly.

Point was it's raw deal for the Novak crew, et al. Hopefully the culprits AREN'T fellow hobbyists--just folks who saw a nice rig loaded with stuff and boosted it.

Scottrik
Old 03-20-2006, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gotyournumber
Why would any one leave cash in your hotel room. Never do that when you travel. Did some one loose a few cars at the snowbirds race.
That's because I fronted for the hotel room and some last minute r/c stuff for my friends that were racing up there also. They paid me back in cash when I was up there, plus the money I had too. Didn't like the idea of carrying over $800 on my person, and keeping in the car was an easy mark also. I didn't think that I would need to buy traveler's checks for traveling within my own state. I'll know better next time, if of course, there is a next time for me...

tC
Old 03-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Well that sucks, sorry that you guy's got ripped off. I know how you feel. My truck and Fourtrax was stolen along with all my desert gear 4 years ago. Oddly enough, I got the Fourtrax back in the same shape 2 years and 1 week after the stolen date. Got lucky with that.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Leaving cash in your hotel room is a bigger mark than leaving it in your car.

I don't trust the hotel maids with my dirty socks, let alone $800.

Either don't get the room cleaned, or don't leave valuables.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:57 PM
Tech Addict

"My brother stayed at the Comfort Inn, "Official Race Hotel" for the ROAR Nats, and the cleaning lady cleaned out his $$ he had in the room instead of just the sheets."

Yeah, I wondered about the choice for "Offical Race Hotel" Waffle house on oneside, strip club on the other side, directly under flight path to the general aviation airport across the street.

They sent me one of those form E-mails asking about my stay. I told them about the pimps and the hookers in the lobby, I never heard back.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Note use of the word "irony" in title.

Ah, never mind. If you don't get it you don't get it and the small humor present certainly isn't worth explaining. Certainly not if it has to be done slowly.

Scottrik
Dude I wouldnt have even botherd.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imjonah
"My brother stayed at the Comfort Inn, "Official Race Hotel" for the ROAR Nats, and the cleaning lady cleaned out his $$ he had in the room instead of just the sheets."

Yeah, I wondered about the choice for "Offical Race Hotel" Waffle house on oneside, strip club on the other side, directly under flight path to the general aviation airport across the street.

They sent me one of those form E-mails asking about my stay. I told them about the pimps and the hookers in the lobby, I never heard back.
i too stayed there and have used this hotel for several races prior to the nationals. never had an issue. the resturants next door are a denny's and marie calendar's also have not seen pimps or hookers in the lobby. it isn't in that bad a section of town they do have security walking the lot though.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

I am definitely sorry to hear about that guys....it makes you think THAT much more about what you do with ALL of your stuff ALL the time. People are disgusting nowadays! The best thing you can do is post some pics and hope word of mouth can help get your stuff back.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

just got home and this just sucks

i have nothing left

nothing

ill post some pics of the van in a bit when i get home from my gf house

ttyl all
Old 03-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Yea if it's not someone stuff been stolen you have to put up with some guy want to pick a fight because you might not be that good and hit his car, and that i think is the worst because in these times you don't know the other guy intentions that you might want to pick a fight with, sorry to see that our hobby is heading that way and in my opinion it is only going to get worst because of the type of people that are intrested in the hobby with no money and are willing to steal to get it.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tacoma
Leaving cash in your hotel room is a bigger mark than leaving it in your car.

I don't trust the hotel maids with my dirty socks, let alone $800.

Either don't get the room cleaned, or don't leave valuables.
Not much advice there. Kind of tough if your staying in a hotel room for 5 days with two other guys not to get your room cleaned. So you pack all your stuff, including your dirty socks, back and forth to your car every time you leave the room ?
Old 03-20-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

dont leave any valuable (i'm sure your dirty sox may have some value to somebody) in your room

its tempting to anyone working there especially making min wages. to pinch stuff.

I usually lock valuables in the hotel safe.. and if they don't have one make sure I bring it with me.

The central Valley while picturesque and all is economically softer than anywhere else because of the migrant community etc. but just like anywhere else i the nation you have to keep an eye on your stuff even at the track.

I was in socal and got stuff stolen right off my pit table.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:31 PM
Tech Addict

That sucks.

Weiss had the only BMI Cyclone kit also.

Be on the lookout for that too.

Tim
Old 03-20-2006, 07:34 PM
Suspended

Well if the fricken price of racing wasent so high then $hit wouldent get stolen. I feel bad for the guy with the money in the hotel but the guy with the truck was a plain stupid ass. Obviously to me he was asking for it. I mean when ever I leave the track I ALLWAYS take my $hit with me. Plain old common sense

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.