R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-20-2006, 10:12 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Post revlolution motors

is there really a performance difference between reg motors and endbells and these new motors and the heatsink endbells never ran one but thinking about buying one any comments or advice would be welcome and appricated thanks.....
losiman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 12:02 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Stranahan

My personal opinion at this time is that the Aluminum endbells are poorly designed fluff. They suffer a myriad of problems which include: a poorly retained endbell bearing which can cause destruction of the brush hoods and comm tabs(Orion top). It is hard to inspect the brushes for complete breakin (Orion top). Easily shorted endbells because the endbell material is conductive and relies only on a thin layer of epoxy or some similar material around the brush hood for insulation. Poor access to the brush springs which makes tuning difficult. Hard to solder on leads and brushes for the lack of tabs on a couple of the styles, and worst of all the performance is not better than the old style Trinity Cobalt on our large outdoor track. Man they look good in a photo though.
John

Last edited by John Stranahan; 03-24-2006 at 12:19 PM.
John Stranahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:49 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to RcCzarOfOld Send a message via MSN to RcCzarOfOld Send a message via Yahoo to RcCzarOfOld

Well, it's extremely hard to argue with Mr. Stranahan. I like the fact that mine runs a LITTLE cooler and there isn't as much maintenence involved. But when you do have to cut the com or whatever, it's a complete pain in the arse. Also, there is another thread on here somewhere about the shorting of the endbells. With only the anodizing and the thin layer of epoxy, it doesn't take much to short them.

The ones I've had the best luck with amongst the new crop of endbell styles would definitely be the O'Donnel Checkpoints. They run like they're a turn lower than what they are, get faster as you use it and you can run the things for a good 20+ runs before needing to cut the comm. Best mod motor on the market for sure.

Tony
RcCzarOfOld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 05:31 PM   #4
Tech Master

I've never had any of the issues above with any of my Revolution/Vantage motors. I love mine! I never have to work on them, they run strongly and once you learn how to work on them its a snap (I believe DC Motorsports has a good article on their website on how to work on the motors properly)
BlackKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 05:36 PM   #5
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've run the 19T V2's... never had any problems...

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:42 PM   #6
Tech Initiate

COOL THANKS GUYS MABEY ILL CHECK OUT CHECKPOINT THAT WAS MY OTHER CHOICE ILL BE GETTING A 19T ANY COMMENTS ON THE CHECKPOINT 19T MOTORS...
losiman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 12:45 AM   #7
Tech Addict

Orion motors are the top choices by on-road world champions.

Revolution V2 Atsushi Hara is used by champions Atsushi Hara, Andy Moore and Surikarn.

Orion-Tamiya V2 Transpeed MS is used by champion Marc Reinhard

Orion V2 Juka Steenari is used by champion Juka Steenari

These V2 endbell motors speaks for themselves on performance.

Old 03-25-2006, 01:58 AM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Id like to get rid of my 12 double peak racing. its the v2 end bell design im really wanting to get me a 19t or a checkpoint motor i hear there pretty darn good.