Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
How can I figure out make and model >

How can I figure out make and model

How can I figure out make and model

Old 05-07-2020, 07:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Default How can I figure out make and model

I am new to this site and j made another post asking about my chassis I recently acquired to fix up as a project. I cant add pics yet apparently so I'll ask is there any sort of data base of all 1/10 scale, shaft driven 4wd touring cars that I could look through? It's tough trying to find anything out about this chassis when I dont know make and model. It would be helpful if I were allowed to post a pic now as well.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

pm sent. rctech won't allow you to post photos yet until you reach a certain number of post. during the mean time, is the chassis made up of plastic, carbon fiber, aluminum? You can browse big companies to see if they have anything similar to what you got there. If its plastic, its mostly Tamiya, Team associated, Vaterra, Kyosho, HPI, Yokomo, Losi but most of them are older vehicle so you may have to get someone to identify it for you. If its carbon or aluminum its more on the current models not too long ago. If you are relatively new to RC within 5 years it's just hard for you to identify a car because there's so many touring cars out there. I mean Tamiya has around 15 different chassis when it comes to shaft driven plastic tub and carbon chassis. It ranges from TA01, TA02, TL01, TT01, TT02, TB01, TB02, TB03 etc...okay I got your text.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Old 05-07-2020, 08:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

If anyone knows this brand, please chime in. I've looked at RedCat but it's not the current model nor is it from NitroRCX. I've looked all over at Bang and non of them is it, they have very similar tub style chassis but no cigar. I'm afraid its not worth fixing it because getting the parts is not simple and parts alone may not be worth the time and effort. The simplest car I can honestly say is super cheap, really easy to build and race and cheaper then dirt would have to be the Tamiya TT01 chassis. The axles on them things are beefy, comes with ESC, Motor, wheels, tires etc. All you really need is a pack of batteries with Tamiya connectors, and a radio system (receiver and servo) and you're set. Heck the BuggyFat body alone is worth money ($65).

Last edited by SuperFastSnail; 05-07-2020 at 09:05 PM.
Old 05-07-2020, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't recognise the chassis but some of the parts remind me of my BSR M.Rage, which suggests it could be something from Nanda, maybe an NRX-10?
Old 05-07-2020, 09:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

gigaplex, looks like you hit it on. the only thing different from his photo is the broken rear shock tower mount for the body posts, but everything is there. Yoda-man!

competitionx.com should have the manual that you need.
Old 05-08-2020, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Seems to also have common parts with Rally Legends...
Old 05-09-2020, 03:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you everybody! With help from another person from this site we determined it was the Nanda NRX-10