Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya Body Availability?  Some yes, some no? >

Tamiya Body Availability? Some yes, some no?

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Dan
  • 1 Post By rc_square24
  • 2 Post By SennaPK

Tamiya Body Availability? Some yes, some no?

Old 05-05-2020, 06:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Tamiya Body Availability? Some yes, some no?

Hi there. Picked up the Tamiya TT01 E 1995 Cobra R kit and am excited to build it and drive it (my first on-road kit). My issue though is I really want to keep the body nice and/or have a couple spare bodies but they are nowhere to be found.

Other Tamiya kits, you can find spare bodies sold separate but some you cannot, like the 95 Mustang Cobra R. Is this a normal thing for Tamiya to only offer some of their bodies separate? Just wondering.

Thanks!
-Dale
Old 05-05-2020, 06:41 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Sometimes the body isn't available separate or discontinued sooner or earlier. For example, I want the "Re-released" Mercedes CLK GTR body alone. But the only way I could get it is buying the kit which includes the TT-01 chassis. I'm probably just going to sell the chassis and keep the body/wheels/tires.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Sometimes the body isn't available separate or discontinued sooner or earlier. For example, I want the "Re-released" Mercedes CLK GTR body alone. But the only way I could get it is buying the kit which includes the TT-01 chassis. I'm probably just going to sell the chassis and keep the body/wheels/tires.
Thanks Dan, what does a new TT01 typically chassis go for? Might consider that option as well.
Old 05-05-2020, 07:03 AM
Tech Regular

Tamiya may or may not release a body seperately. its decision is totally random, some kits with item number 4xxxx or 8xxxx seem less likely to have their respective bodies release seperately. Although my mach go go vemac body used to be available seperately.

If you turly likes your cobra r body, maybe not using it under harsh condition will be your best bet. It is turly annoying sometimes that Tamiya only bundle bodies with base level tt02, if it was a tt02s or even ta/tb base model like it used to do, i mah end up with many more cars... but that may jusy be me..
Old 05-05-2020, 07:30 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FastGT94 View Post
Thanks Dan, what does a new TT01 typically chassis go for? Might consider that option as well.
I looked into it a while back, seen some chop shop Ebay sellers do this. I think they were asking $50-60.
FastGT94 likes this.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The best deal to get a re-released body set is to buy the TT01 kits, considering that they also come with the wheels and tires for display.

Tamiya usually do no re-release bodies on their own, but they can be ordered. Check the manual for the 7 or 8 digit part numbers, you can order the body, decals, plastic parts and wheel sets separately. But doing so would cost more than a kit.
PizzaDude likes this.
Old 05-05-2020, 12:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Was seriously eyeing the Martini Porsche 911 RSR, or Mustang GT4 - which are both offered as (base) TT-02 kits.

By the time you buy the body set, matching wheels, and tires separately - buying the kit gets you the chassis, ESC, and motor for all of $30 - 40 more; and will usually ship free (in US at least).
JoeyE and eR1c like this.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Honestly, if you are ever going to need spares, just buy another kit. That way you have double everything. Kits are cheap.

Tamiya seems to issue some bodies separately, but some are kit only. Just the way it is.
Old 05-06-2020, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

There are various Tamiya dedicated websites where you can find more obscure information about their kits. While you can download manuals for cars such at the TT-01 directly from Tamiya, I am not sure that you can download the manuals for any specific body kit that may have been included in a chassis kit. I would assume this probably has to do with licensing to that specific manufacturer.
Tamiya model database - https://tamiyabase.com/tamiya-models
Tamiya blog - https://tamiyablog.com/

After a bit of web searching with results linked to the above website(s), I was able to find a scanned image of the manual for the Cobra R that is included in the 2020 TT-01 kit #47430. I cannot vouch for the security of the following link as it was a randon german site, so please make sure you have your appropriate anti-virus and anti-malware software up to date before you click the link.
https://cdn.simba-dickie-group.de/do...R_Beiblatt.pdf

The linked image appears to be the instruction manual for the Cobra R. At the bottom of the manual, the part number for the body is 11825143. From other searching it appears that the number may be truncated to 1825143.

It appears that the body part # for the Tamiya 1995 Ford STV Cobra R is 1825143 or (11825143). It doesn't appear that this item is available for purchase directly from Tamiya, but the part number and body do show up if you do a Google/web search for Tamiya 1825143.

It probably would be easier and cheaper in the long run just to buy the TT-01 Type E kit if or when they become available. Here is a link on Tamiya USA's website for this specific vehicle.

https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/110-4...-cobra-r-1995/

I hope this information helps.
Old 05-12-2020, 09:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FastGT94 View Post
Hi there. Picked up the Tamiya TT01 E 1995 Cobra R kit and am excited to build it and drive it (my first on-road kit). My issue though is I really want to keep the body nice and/or have a couple spare bodies but they are nowhere to be found.

Other Tamiya kits, you can find spare bodies sold separate but some you cannot, like the 95 Mustang Cobra R. Is this a normal thing for Tamiya to only offer some of their bodies separate? Just wondering.

Thanks!
-Dale
I have one for sale, it's the Mustang R with the American Flag decal. Asking $100 shipped. The decal alone is like $50. Until Tamiya re-releases it again, prices are only going up. I also have the Toyota Supra Blitz with chrome headlights for sale, and the Nismo Clarion GTR 200mm body. PM me if you want any of those. I have various others bodies but the rare ones are minimum $100 each.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I haven't read through this entire thread (so forgive me if I am repeating anything).
A lot of stuff is out of stock right now as factories are either closed or running at less than capacity.
I did purchase a bunch of stuff directly from the Tamiya website, the prices weren't too bad ...considering the parts including a Mercedes AMG "lightweight" bodyset for the TT02 was sold out everywhere, yet Tamiya had it in stock. Check the Tamiya website, sometimes they have parts in stock when everyone else is out.