Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Tamiya Chassis TC-01 >

New Tamiya Chassis TC-01

Like Tree270Likes

New Tamiya Chassis TC-01

Old 05-25-2020, 07:08 AM
  #241  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
sugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 676
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I'm kinda meh on the body, looks like an Indy car with fenders. A nice LMP body would be great though.
simple likes this.
sugs is online now  
Old 05-25-2020, 08:47 AM
  #242  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Kregger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,272
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GT CRUSING View Post
Finally, what i really wanted to see, the drive shaft internals





Looks like you can slide the motor to change gears, so thats a plus.

Interestingly, the rear and front center drive shafts are tilted up to clear the battery

On a good note, looks like you can use 64p gears, should be slightly quieter

Think I would rather mount an esc on the other side, would clear the steering better

Sadlly, looks like you’ll have to unscrew about 12 screws to comfortably switch a rear end gear diff
The DB02 did the same thing with the angle in the gear box to clear the battery.
Still don't know about 64p gears, I cant tell if the center of the gear is molded to accept the dog bone or if the gear itself is separate from the rest of the unit.


Kregger is offline  
Old 05-25-2020, 09:51 AM
  #243  
Tech Master
iTrader: (33)
 
fat500's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Boca Raton, florida
Posts: 1,615
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

oh yessss my new vta car....currently a full option ta07 exotek.....
fat500 is offline  
Old 05-25-2020, 10:06 AM
  #244  
Tech Regular
 
simple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 375
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
Would you like to expand on that.
Just another user for our "Ignore List"
NutDriver likes this.
simple is offline  
Old 05-25-2020, 11:08 AM
  #245  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 15
Default

Originally Posted by Kregger View Post
The DB02 did the same thing with the angle in the gear box to clear the battery.
Still don't know about 64p gears, I cant tell if the center of the gear is molded to accept the dog bone or if the gear itself is separate from the rest of the unit.
It is the same centre motor mount / gear / shaft and setup as the TB-05 so will use any pitch gears that are usable on that chassis..
Jamie24 is offline  
Old 05-25-2020, 12:21 PM
  #246  
Tech Regular
 
DaSilva3525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 473
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
That is an option. There’s a touring car body mount available.

Looks like a FormulaE body.
I seen that! Which is awesome for sure. The price is a bit steep imo for what this kit is.. let alone if one wanted to put different body posts / change the body on initial purchase. I was hoping it was going to be sold in the $179-190 Range max. The M07 / M08 are fair price, the TA07 / TB05 were fair price yet this exceeds both by good margin. Yes it comes with a body but.. almost rather it didn't lol.

Originally Posted by sugs View Post
I'm kinda meh on the body, looks like an Indy car with fenders. A nice LMP body would be great though.
I agree.
DaSilva3525 is offline  
Old 05-25-2020, 01:34 PM
  #247  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (7)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 12,199
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DaSilva3525 View Post
I seen that! Which is awesome for sure. The price is a bit steep imo for what this kit is.. let alone if one wanted to put different body posts / change the body on initial purchase. I was hoping it was going to be sold in the $179-190 Range max. The M07 / M08 are fair price, the TA07 / TB05 were fair price yet this exceeds both by good margin. Yes it comes with a body but.. almost rather it didn't lol.



I agree.
$250 seems in right range. I think a few things will bump that once it makes it’s way stateside. We know there’s a license fee that tamiya has to pay to use the body. I don’t think anyone would have been happy if Tamiya had done an “inspired by” FormulaE body. Under $200 never even crossed my mind. I figure in States probably around $300.

Still 2 months away at least
Billy Kelly is offline  
Old 05-25-2020, 05:26 PM
  #248  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Kregger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,272
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jamie24 View Post
It is the same centre motor mount / gear / shaft and setup as the TB-05 so will use any pitch gears that are usable on that chassis..
In that case, I'm in.
Kregger is offline  
Old 05-25-2020, 08:00 PM
  #249  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (8)
 
Herc Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 553
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I’m sure there will be an “R” version shortly after release....I think I’ll wait on that one. But I for one like the look of this car, even if it were to replace the F201 class.
Herc Driver is offline  
Old 05-26-2020, 06:55 AM
  #250  
Dan
Tech Champion
iTrader: (64)
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 5,391
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

In case anyone was wondering.

Tamiya F201 - Ferrari F2001 kit - Released in 2002, at around $175 at Tower

Adjusted to inflation, $249


TC-01 projected "Street price" is $250.
simple and Ominex like this.
Dan is offline  
Old 05-26-2020, 11:52 AM
  #251  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,879
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

I just built a TT02 SR, Upgraded just about everything to be able to go faster and have a PF Vette ready for paint. It's a few pretty pennies invested. Looking at this car, it has about the same level of refinement as the SR has. Lots of carbon impregnated plastic in the kit from what I can see. It will need a couple items for higher speeds. It already has the fluid diffs, alloy motor plate and oil filled shocks. My biggest concern is there a small enough spur to get me into the ballpark for 25.5 to 17.5 gear ratios. This should make a nice sealed parking lot racer whether it has a Formula E or Sedan body on it. It will be killer with a Lola Can Am.
liljohn1064 is offline  
Old 05-26-2020, 11:59 AM
  #252  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (7)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 12,199
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default


I just noticed this. Tamiya USA list it coming with a brushed motor. Rcmart doesn’t not list an included motor.
Billy Kelly is offline  
Old 05-26-2020, 12:08 PM
  #253  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,879
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

I just noticed this. Tamiya USA list it coming with a brushed motor. Rcmart doesn’t not list an included motor.
It might just be the required motor size and not counting whether it's included or not. The needed to run list should be on there somewhere also under requirements.
liljohn1064 is offline  
Old 05-26-2020, 12:11 PM
  #254  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,879
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GT CRUSING View Post
Finally, what i really wanted to see, the drive shaft internals





Looks like you can slide the motor to change gears, so thats a plus.

Interestingly, the rear and front center drive shafts are tilted up to clear the battery

On a good note, looks like you can use 64p gears, should be slightly quieter

Think I would rather mount an esc on the other side, would clear the steering better

Sadlly, looks like you’ll have to unscrew about 12 screws to comfortably switch a rear end gear diff
I just want to be able to remove the spur and not have integrated drive pins molded into it. I hope it's a drive cup and spur and not one piece.
liljohn1064 is offline  
Old 05-26-2020, 12:16 PM
  #255  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,879
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Billy is right, Tamiya USA is showing motor included.
liljohn1064 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.