Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tenacity Chassis Question >

Tenacity Chassis Question

Tenacity Chassis Question

Old 04-16-2020, 11:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Tenacity Chassis Question

We took the truck out for a run, after my kid hit a root to jump (which is really not big at all), the buggy cartwheeled and the front end of the chassis sheared off. The truck ran in rear wheel drive until the we realized the entire front end was hanging by a thread, new parts tomorrow. While this is par for the course with RC and not a really big deal, we'll fix it. What I'm wondering is if these chassis are crap, is there something better? A mod for bashing?
Old 04-16-2020, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Since you did not mention which specific Losi Tenacity? vehicle you are using, I will make the assumption that the chassis is plastic.

Generally speaking, you may have experienced a 1 in a million accident that caused the chassis to break. Bad luck does happen. You could have also had a defective chassis. Depending on how recently you purchased your vehicle, you might be able to get an in-warranty replacement from the manufacturer by calling/contacting their tech support. It never hurts to ask.

Since this is the on-road section of RCTECH.net, you probably won't get as many responses to your question. Below is a link to the OFF-ROAD section of RCTECH.net where you can post your questions and get a more knowledgeable answer. It certainly is possible that your specific vehicle may have known reliability issues that can be easily resolved.

https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/

I hope this information helps.
Old 04-17-2020, 07:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

I would look into getting an aluminum chassis from the Tenacity DB pro.