M-06 Chassis Kit Advice >

M-06 Chassis Kit Advice

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By JJ100179

M-06 Chassis Kit Advice

Old 04-11-2020, 08:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Default M-06 Chassis Kit Advice

Hopefully you all wont skewer the new guy too harshly....

Got my first car in about 25 years - A M-06 Eunos Roadster. I'd love some build advice:

1. What are the best "Hop up" mods to do during the initial build?

2. This is just going to be something I casually have fun with(for now) so I think I'm going to stick to a NiMh battery. Would love suggestions on a battery and charger.

3. For a transmitter and receiver I'm looking at the Futaba 3PV with an R203GF. Good choice? I wanted a 3rd channel so I can run a light kit.

I appreciate any advice or guidance you can give me. I'm excited to be back in the hobby. Back in the 80's these were the cars I owned:

1. Holiday Buggy
2. Subaru Brat
3. Wild Willy
4. Frog
5. Willy's Wheeler
6. Spirit FF
7. Kyosho Optima

Thanks again!
Old 04-12-2020, 02:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Welcome back to the (best) hobby!

I wouldn't use too much hop-ups for the first build. From my own experience, playing around with hop-ups can escalate very quickly
But for some reasons it is useful to have a ball bearing set to replace the kit's plastic bearings. A set of oil filled dampers will also improve right from the beginning. I'm not an M-06 expert, but I'm very sure that some of the guys here can help you out with more detailed M-06 hints.
​​​​
I am using a Futaba T3PV wirh various receivers in different cars (on and off road) for 3 years now and I am totally satisfied with it. All the settings I want to have, great range and durability. Strongly recommended!

​​​​​​Using NiMH for random use is okay from my point of view, but you should choose a decent charger which can also handle other batteries (LIPo, LiFePo, etc.) if you want to upgrade later.

Michael

​​​​
hobbyten, dman18t and Chris916 like this.
Old 04-15-2020, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

Build in some future proofing as stated above. Charger needs to be multi battery capable (you will never go back to NiMH after LiPo).

Your plan for everything thing else makes comets sense. 1 thing to keep in mind when asking for tips, people need to to know if it's for your driveway/playing around or for racing. If racing, what surface you run on? All dependent on the advice you need to get back.

M-06 is great car, (all the M chassis cars are great for their own reasons), bearings and oil shocks pretty much must have upgrades. Everything else will come down to racing vs/ playing. Have fun, welcome back!