Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XRAY T4F 20 details and information >

XRAY T4F 20 details and information

Like Tree73Likes

XRAY T4F 20 details and information

Old 01-13-2021, 07:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

New front weight released, about the same weight as a motor!

https://www.redrc.net/2021/01/xray-t...bumper-weight/
Old 01-13-2021, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Hard to believe there is such a large range in preferred front to rear weight balance for different conditions with a FWD car. I don't even run the 30g weight in my car for my track (tight CRC black). Honestly, I think I could go even faster with another percent or two weight shift to the rear.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
Hard to believe there is such a large range in preferred front to rear weight balance for different conditions with a FWD car. I don't even run the 30g weight in my car for my track (tight CRC black). Honestly, I think I could go even faster with another percent or two weight shift to the rear.
i think the weight was aimed at asphalt
Old 01-13-2021, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

I wish I had more flex options with the upper deck on this chassis. Other than the optional aluminum lower plate, you can't really do much to stiffen the car. As grip builds up with the track and the USGT tires, my lap times drop. The car loses that "floating" handling you need on black carpet to keep corner speed up. I see that the new Destiny is much stiffer with more flex tuning out of the box. I might have a shoot out after COVID.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:20 AM
Tech Adept

I wish I had more flex options with the upper deck on this chassis. Other than the optional aluminum lower plate, you can't really do much to stiffen the car. As grip builds up with the track and the USGT tires, my lap times drop. The car loses that "floating" handling you need on black carpet to keep corner speed up. I see that the new Destiny is much stiffer with more flex tuning out of the box. I might have a shoot out after COVID.
have you tried tuning with the T-brace? Are you looking to stiffen or soften?
Old 01-13-2021, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

I want to stiffen the front and middle flex. The rear T-brace isn't going to do much for me. Awesomatix, Xpress, Destiny, Serpent etc all have more available stiffness options in the middle to front area of these chassis. Overall the Xray is pretty soft.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Have you bought the aluminium chassis?
Old 01-13-2021, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sosidge
Have you bought the aluminium chassis?
No, I was hoping not too because I want to keep the car as light as possible for USGT but I may have to get one. It's just such a colossal waste of the money though when all the car needs is more top deck options and/or top deck stiffening options - again like the competition has. I love this car but the Xpress and Destiny are looking like they might be better suited to black carpet.
Old 01-14-2021, 05:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No, I was hoping not too because I want to keep the car as light as possible for USGT but I may have to get one. It's just such a colossal waste of the money though when all the car needs is more top deck options and/or top deck stiffening options - again like the competition has. I love this car but the Xpress and Destiny are looking like they might be better suited to black carpet.
You realise.....my friend....that you are considering changing cars for a few tenths of a second .
Your pursuit of perfection is without limits
gigaplex likes this.
Old 01-14-2021, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Smile

Originally Posted by simple
You realise.....my friend....that you are considering changing cars for a few tenths of a second .
Your pursuit of perfection is without limits
LOL, getting so close to the performance of a 4WD is probably a trap. But a fun trap to fall into nevertheless.
simple likes this.
Old 01-14-2021, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Not really, because stiffening the top deck will only do so much, and the soft bottom deck will still flex a lot.

I'd strongly recommend trying the aluminium lower deck. If you buy another car with a graphite bottom deck, you will end up coming to the same conclusion. That's why competition cars have made a very clear split between carbon for asphalt and aluminium for carpet in recent years.
DavidNERODease and gigaplex like this.
Old 01-17-2021, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sosidge
Not really, because stiffening the top deck will only do so much, and the soft bottom deck will still flex a lot.

I'd strongly recommend trying the aluminium lower deck. If you buy another car with a graphite bottom deck, you will end up coming to the same conclusion. That's why competition cars have made a very clear split between carbon for asphalt and aluminium for carpet in recent years.
I hate that you are right. Comparing all my other cars and watching more closely at how the car currently flexes, the optional aluminum chassis will probably be perfect and even sexier.
Old 01-18-2021, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

I hate that you are right. Comparing all my other cars and watching more closely at how the car currently flexes, the optional aluminum chassis will probably be perfect and even sexier.
I canít really say, as I built my 21 with the aluminum chassis from the start. But on my 19 it was a night and day difference when I went from the Carbon to the aluminum. Thatís why I didnít even bother with the 21.
Old 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Has anyone been able to access the set-up book on the Xray site mentioned in the manual? I cant find it anywhere!
Old 02-07-2021, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

I can confirm that the aluminum chassis option is much stiffer and at least on the bench it seems to provide the flex characteristics I was looking for. I think even using the top deck bearing is a potential option now for my typical racing conditions.
sosidge, simple and Sortafast like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.