Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree73Likes

XRAY T4F 20 details and information

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

The mid-frontie issue was cleared up before the ETS season started, so there have been mid-frontie cars running in it.

I still think its a bit early to say whether either layout is "better". Nothing much to choose between my T4F '19 and Awesomatix cars driven by drivers of similar ability over the winter indoor season. They have different strengths, but laptimes seemed to even out overall.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

What a disappointment this car is, but what to expect from Xray who have zero ability when it comes to creativity.
And the ETS organisation should be ashamed for allowing this layout in the FWD class.
Old 04-10-2020, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well, it's where we're at....so either you pony up for the new car, or spend your money elsewhere.
Old 04-10-2020, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I am...conflicted. Personal preference is very much for the true FF layout, and I believe thats what should have been mandated.
However, I'm a Automotive designer myself, and from a practical point of view I can see why the companies love this Mid/Front layout, much, much cheaper to do.
Old 04-10-2020, 04:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

My money is on the FF layout going extinct five years from now in anything above club racing. It's funny though, I've always disliked FFs but now I am starting to feel a bit nostalgic about them already. Go figure . Those Mid FWDs do look a bit bland in comparsion. Back to the XRay; does anyone else feel like they got lazy with the steering? AMX and Rebellion came up with bespoke steering systems to move everything a good 5mm forward compared to regular double bellcranks. Oh well. All this Slovakian brass is not going to sell itself is it! Car looks great in any case.
Old 04-10-2020, 06:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tygertyger
My money is on the FF layout going extinct five years from now in anything above club racing. It's funny though, I've always disliked FFs but now I am starting to feel a bit nostalgic about them already. Go figure . Those Mid FWDs do look a bit bland in comparsion. Back to the XRay; does anyone else feel like they got lazy with the steering? AMX and Rebellion came up with bespoke steering systems to move everything a good 5mm forward compared to regular double bellcranks. Oh well. All this Slovakian brass is not going to sell itself is it! Car looks great in any case.
They got even lazier with the motor mount. The design is direct from the T4 20 but flipped mirror image.
Old 04-12-2020, 12:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Looks good. It's the first FWD that actually has gotten me interested in the class. Sure, it looks like a mash-up of a T4 20 and an AMX FWD, but I don't think that is a bad thing.
Old 04-13-2020, 04:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I like that most of the bits are black anodized rather than the typical orange......
gigaplex likes this.
Old 04-14-2020, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

https://www.monacorc.com/blog/products/xray-t4f-2021/
Old 05-04-2020, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Hmm,this car... so you could literally buy a diff (or spool), 2 driveshafts, a 2nd belt and have a "front side" mid motor 4WD chassis with a very compact electrics layout. Pretty interesting... and I guess the middle layshaft with 2 pulleys instead of 1.
NutDriver and gigaplex like this.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

I think many of us have underestimated this design. I was initially very unimpressed like many others with this release but a friend of mine reminded me how frustrating it is to get a traditional FWD to freaking turn in without losing so much speed. We are always concerned with forward bite so we can accelerate but what we really need is to not be off throttle so that we don't have so much accelerating to do. I was convinced that the AMX and new Serpent are the best designs but I can no longer dismiss this new Xray but if does turn out to be slow (when has an Xray TC ever been slow), you can flip it to 4WD pretty easily and save your investment. This is a tougher choice for me now - 3 horse race I think.
Old 05-09-2020, 06:05 AM
Tech Adept

Default Chance of an out Doors championship in uk

Just to let the U.K. members that might not know there are a few southern clubs planning a championship called KING OF CLUBS . so if you were ready for brca clubmans this might interest you

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/king-...n-102680648584
Old 05-30-2020, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

I'm really curious what the F/R weight distribution is on this chassis. The Awesomatix and Serpent appear to have much more mass closer to the front end plus the ability to add huge chunks of metal in the front bumper. The Xray only comes with a 30g front weight and no provision for more additional mass other than brass suspension mounts... but I'm not saying this is bad. I'm thinking that ideal FWD weight distribution should maybe be more evenly balanced than the typical 65/35.
Old 05-30-2020, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

The '21 is about 60/40 front/rear.
DavidNERODease likes this.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Okay, I'm super pumped about this car. It's my dream USGT chassis since it appears that you can easily run it in both FWD and 4WD mode. I've waited a long time for my 2nd FF chassis and it was a really tough decision with the AMX and Serpent looking so good. She's ordered.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.