Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree357Likes

3RACING SAKURA ADVANCE S 6/4

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2021, 02:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

RaceVTA said they will have the kit w/alum chassis in stock within a week. Can't wait to order mine. Already have new motor, esc, servo, VTA body and tires

I would like to order some springs with it. What would be the hot setup for black carpet (not CRC, the stuff with a little less grip). Looks like the kit comes with 5.5 springs. I was thinking something a little stiffer, like 6.0T (hope I am deciphering there spring weight correctly).
Old 09-23-2021, 03:22 AM
Tech Adept

If you want to go stiffer, you need to have springs with less turns than the original ones.
More turns equals softer!
Old 09-23-2021, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mark.davis
RaceVTA said they will have the kit w/alum chassis in stock within a week. Can't wait to order mine. Already have new motor, esc, servo, VTA body and tires

I would like to order some springs with it. What would be the hot setup for black carpet (not CRC, the stuff with a little less grip). Looks like the kit comes with 5.5 springs. I was thinking something a little stiffer, like 6.0T (hope I am deciphering there spring weight correctly).
My car liked softer rears for VTA, I went all the way down to testing "Clear" stiffness and the car really hooked/rotated around tight turns but was a little sluggish on chicanes. Dropping down to something like a yellow should be pretty close though. My 2 cents, just spend the $30 and buy the whole spring set because if you don't you will wish you would have. The kit springs are green, you can leave them in the front, they work great.

SAK-A538 (racevta.com)
mark.davis and moparSRT like this.
Old 09-23-2021, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mark.davis
Robio - Which kit will you go for? I'm filling a cart now with RaceVTA upgrades to meet my needs. I'll contact them when the Southern Nats are over to verify which parts I need.
u122 and A566 will not work with the S64
Old 09-23-2021, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks for the insights!
Yes, we will run at San Marcos and Santee, as both are nearish. Santee more so. We are in East County.
RCPassion puts on a great event.

Regarding extras, Im trying to walk the line of not buying everything right off the bat. I’m basically building two cars and I won’t my son to have some “buy in” if you know what I mean... I do want to have some of the things that make the car “better”.
Thank again!
Old 09-23-2021, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Mopar!

Last edited by Robio; 09-23-2021 at 09:35 PM. Reason: remove
Old 09-23-2021, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Robio
Thanks for the insights!
Yes, we will run at San Marcos and Santee, as both are nearish. Santee more so. We are in East County.

Regarding extras, Im trying to walk the line of not buying everything right off the bat. I’m basically building two cars and I won’t my son to have some “buy in” if you know what I mean... I do want to have some of the things that make the car “better”.
Thank again!
I would just do aluminum hexes, longer rear ball studs and the aluminum front spool / out drives.

I am in El Cajon... about a 1 minute drive from Hobbytown .
Old 09-23-2021, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
I would just do aluminum hexes, longer rear ball studs and the aluminum front spool / out drives.

I am in El Cajon... about a 1 minute drive from Hobbytown .
Thanks for the insights!

Thank again!
Open practice this Sunday at HT Santee!
Old 09-23-2021, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Oh very cool! Thanks for the tips TD.. I'll have to be sure and introduce myself!

I did see the Event on the HT page. Thank you. I'm looking forward to having a place run nearby.

Rob...
Old 09-28-2021, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Are there redundant springs in the option spring kit? Meaning, are the kit springs also in the option kit?
Thanks, Rob...
Old 09-28-2021, 06:10 PM
Tech Adept

The springs that come in the kit are the same as the green's from the spring set.
Old 09-28-2021, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

Which colors would you say are most commonly used?
Old 09-29-2021, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

Which colors would you say are most commonly used?
I run orange front, white rear.
Old 09-29-2021, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
I run orange front, white rear.
Sounds good. Thank you. What do you recommend having on hand for tuning options?
Are you running Stock Class?
Rob....
Old 09-29-2021, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

I've been running exclusively in USGT. I just bring the spring set and ball stud washers with me and make minor changes if warranted with roll center. I'm at the point now where i definitely can see the car is a bit 'lazy', probably due to the chassis flex. But i really enjoy driving it regardless.

BTW, we run open motor for USGT also. Recommended gearing i was given when i started was a 4.25FDR which worked great for me at the San Marco's events. At the Santee location, the straight can be made much longer so i geared up a little more because the car sounded like it was topped out before halfway down the straight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.