3RACING SAKURA ADVANCE S 6/4

Like Tree357Likes

3RACING SAKURA ADVANCE S 6/4

Old 02-22-2021, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moparSRT
there is a fix for that ... 30260
Obviously your chassis exists and it is beautiful and when I get to the point where it is reasonably smart to buy one I will. But, how does that address the top plate issue? That thing just floats in the middle of the car. It looks awful and I can't stand it.
That is where this car has a ton of flex/slop and the bulkheads flex way too much. I haven't fully investigated whether there is much to do about the top deck. The layout/design might not permit it to be attached.

The point of the braces is that I bought the only bulkhead in stock on RaceVTA last time and after a month of them being sold out everywhere, I only had one of the two. I needed to do something in the mean time to address that flex. It took me $0.50 and five mins with a dremel to make a CF bulkhead brace for the rear. It definitely tightened them up and held together much better.
This is a $109 car. Part of the fun is learning and trying stuff. Hacking and experimenting is part of the fun especially since parts on this thing have been spotty.

We did get it a lot faster this weekend though. Most traction roll is gone. I ended up going too soft and am too slow. Probably too much rear toe too. I couldn't break loose if I tried. Beave is about 0.5 off the best of the Joes. The Pros are another 0.5 ahead, but there are some more electronics issues to tweak which will close that gap.
Castor blocks are the next purchase.
Anybody care to compare a Trinity xfactor vs Motiv MC2 25.5? We have both. I assume the X is better since it is never.
Old 02-22-2021, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by competionpark
Obviously your chassis exists and it is beautiful and when I get to the point where it is reasonably smart to buy one I will. But, how does that address the top plate issue? That thing just floats in the middle of the car. It looks awful and I can't stand it.
That is where this car has a ton of flex/slop and the bulkheads flex way too much. I haven't fully investigated whether there is much to do about the top deck. The layout/design might not permit it to be attached.

The point of the braces is that I bought the only bulkhead in stock on RaceVTA last time and after a month of them being sold out everywhere, I only had one of the two. I needed to do something in the mean time to address that flex. It took me $0.50 and five mins with a dremel to make a CF bulkhead brace for the rear. It definitely tightened them up and held together much better.
This is a $109 car. Part of the fun is learning and trying stuff. Hacking and experimenting is part of the fun especially since parts on this thing have been spotty.

We did get it a lot faster this weekend though. Most traction roll is gone. I ended up going too soft and am too slow. Probably too much rear toe too. I couldn't break loose if I tried. Beave is about 0.5 off the best of the Joes. The Pros are another 0.5 ahead, but there are some more electronics issues to tweak which will close that gap.
Castor blocks are the next purchase.
Anybody care to compare a Trinity xfactor vs Motiv MC2 25.5? We have both. I assume the X is better since it is never.
30255 will tie the top deck with the chassis
30265 will also stiffen up the car if ur not ready for the alu chassis
Old 02-22-2021, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I would be interested to see what the solution for the high speed turning issue is. I could see Mopar's rear end wanting to wash out on sharp turns that have a lot of velocity, which is one of the main problems I feel like I'm having. Infield speed is nice which is where I feel like our cars really excel but when it comes to the big sweepers followed by a sharp turn or even some longer infield runs followed by a quick switch back it just feels like the rear end of the car goes to mush and we lose all momentum.
Old 02-22-2021, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TheBeave
I would be interested to see what the solution for the high speed turning issue is. I could see Mopar's rear end wanting to wash out on sharp turns that have a lot of velocity, which is one of the main problems I feel like I'm having. Infield speed is nice which is where I feel like our cars really excel but when it comes to the big sweepers followed by a sharp turn or even some longer infield runs followed by a quick switch back it just feels like the rear end of the car goes to mush and we lose all momentum.
Noooo, the car was planted, I played around with the rear shocks but laying them down created to much rear traction and the car started to push, I went back to 2nd hole from inside. Was thinking of raising them one more step or going to a wider hex in the rear to free it up some more but with the sunshine going away for the mains did not want to risk it. If the rear end looked loose in the video it was only from overdriving it, I could take both sweepers at full throttle and the car was planted, stable and predictable.
Old 02-22-2021, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Noooo, the car was planted, I played around with the rear shocks but laying them down created to much rear traction and the car started to push, I went back to 2nd hole from inside. Was thinking of raising them one more step or going to a wider hex in the rear to free it up some more but with the sunshine going away for the mains did not want to risk it. If the rear end looked loose in the video it was only from overdriving it, I could take both sweepers at full throttle and the car was planted, stable and predictable.
Hmmm, maybe I'm suffering from too much rear toe then. I'm still sitting at the factory 2* hubs in the rear. It feels sluggish coming out of turns and almost like it's fighting me once the weight transfers to the back of the car. I'm still playing around with springs on our high bite carpet. I have great turn (border line traction rolling) in but it just doesn't quite feel right mid corner / corner exit, a bit slow still. I've only raced 2 weeks, spending way too much time reading tuning guides and forums but the car is coming together. I definitely have received a lot of help from the guys at Apex, squaring me up on setup boards and what not. Won't be able to race this weekend but hopefully I can get some practice in Friday night and play with some more spring and toe settings. Rear hubs should be in this week, when it snows in TN the whole state shuts down (mail system included), need to shave another .8 per lap off to be in the competitive group at Apex :-(
Old 02-22-2021, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TheBeave
Hmmm, maybe I'm suffering from too much rear toe then. I'm still sitting at the factory 2* hubs in the rear. It feels sluggish coming out of turns and almost like it's fighting me once the weight transfers to the back of the car. I'm still playing around with springs on our high bite carpet. I have great turn (border line traction rolling) in but it just doesn't quite feel right mid corner / corner exit, a bit slow still. I've only raced 2 weeks, spending way too much time reading tuning guides and forums but the car is coming together. I definitely have received a lot of help from the guys at Apex, squaring me up on setup boards and what not. Won't be able to race this weekend but hopefully I can get some practice in Friday night and play with some more spring and toe settings. Rear hubs should be in this week, when it snows in TN the whole state shuts down (mail system included), need to shave another .8 per lap off to be in the competitive group at Apex :-(
On carpet it will feel sluggish and unresponsive with the stock chassis, it has a lot of flex. It will be easy to drive. Less toe or thicker diff will free up the rear.
Apex has a lot of grip, but I hear they are planning on going to newer carpet with less grip like the snowbirds.
Old 02-22-2021, 10:22 AM
Tech Regular

30255 will tie the top deck with the chassis
30265 will also stiffen up the car if ur not ready for the alu chassis
Does the 30265 attach the top deck to the center pulley mount or just to the front and rear and optional stiffening post? I'm using 30255 already. It is a nice fit and looks nice.
Old 02-22-2021, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

On carpet it will feel sluggish and unresponsive with the stock chassis, it has a lot of flex. It will be easy to drive. Less toe or thicker diff will free up the rear.
Went from 5k to 7k for the main, picked up a little speed. Need to get some 10k next to try out, that's what some of the fast people were running at least, wouldn't hurt to try.
Old 02-22-2021, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

Apex has a lot of grip, but I hear they are planning on going to newer carpet with less grip like the snowbirds.
That is the plan, but it will likely be a bit. It is going to be fairly costly to do so if they do what was discussed last week.
Old 02-22-2021, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Does the 30265 attach the top deck to the center pulley mount or just to the front and rear and optional stiffening post? I'm using 30255 already. It is a nice fit and looks nice.
nope, it monuts to the front and rear bulkheads just like stock, but its made from 2.5mm carbon fiber so a lot stiffer then the stock 2mm frp top plate
Old 02-23-2021, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

Came up with a solution to eliminate some of the rear flex, a brace for the top deck ... 30256

Marcos.J, WhiteLX and rgrg2 like this.
Old 02-23-2021, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Of course you would market this after I put my order in last week for all my parts.

On a similar note, has anyone got a clue as to the turn buckle near the motor that appears in the top chassis view at the bottom of the setup sheet? It looks like it could be for stiffening the chassis, but I have no idea how it fits, what it's really for, or what's needed. There nothing in the manual or online that I can find. There's a yes/no checkbox next to it was well.
Attached Files
Old 02-23-2021, 02:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Try to chase down some expensive cars in VTA.

Old 02-23-2021, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Came up with a solution to eliminate some of the rear flex, a brace for the top deck ... 30256

Looks exactly like what I have been testing.
Old 02-23-2021, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Looks exactly like what I have been testing.
Crazy timing.... I hope you're getting royalties.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.