R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-17-2006, 01:26 PM   #1
Tech Elite
 
MR JOLLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Posts: 4,762
Default BRCA rules are causing grief

Has the said motor gone to the BRCA yet for checking
no hear say please

been told it failed
if yes what on

what the hell is webbing measurment on the arm ?? (though only spiders had spun webs)

BRCA ;;stack length 21mm-22.80mm
web width 3.5mm

also just been told the co27 has just been passed by roar true or false, BRCA run close to these rules (well they did till some one decided `new` rules )
roll on li-po
__________________
EAMotorsports;;BRCA 27t National 2007 Champ's
FKO4,AdyB fan club !!
saying of the month;;The Past is History, the Future is a Mystery, this Moment is a Gift- that's why it's called The Present.

Last edited by MR JOLLY; 03-20-2006 at 06:13 AM.
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 01:37 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic
 
James35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 750
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Yes, the Trinity CO27 has been ROAR approved for a couple of weeks now.
James35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 02:42 PM   #3
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Colin, the stack web width is the thickness of the part around which the winding is wrapped if that makes any sense
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 02:55 PM   #4
Tech Master
 
Merciless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,027
Send a message via ICQ to Merciless
Default

I have but 1 comment on this ........

Do the BRCA really think the UK market is big enough to Force TRINITY to build there motors to a BRCA specification ??

I believe if the motors make ROAR approval, but the BRCA want them different to meet there rules we'll just get left out in the cold.

Why retool just to sell a few motors to us over here because we got some stupid rules that are different to the other MUCH LARGER MARKETS

IMO our rules need to be the same as ROAR because to be differnent will just mean we have no motors to run as we count for a small part of the market. The BRCA can have there OWN rules for other things like bodyshell colours or something
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 03:16 PM   #5
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Near Cambridge, UK
Posts: 180
Default

Good point merciless.

Seems silly if motors legal elsewhere are not going to be so in the UK.
ralph_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 03:17 PM   #6
Tech Regular
 
terryh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 343
Default

Whilst it makes sense to have rules, it dosn't make sense to have rules that stand in the way of progress..........................
terryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 03:19 PM   #7
Tech Regular
 
terryh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 343
Default

Forgot to add, we only race 27t at Sidcup and as far as I'm concerned, anyone is welcome to run whatever 27t they like, assuming you can get one that is. Colin, ditto for Li-Po
terryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:30 PM   #8
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,870
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merciless
I have but 1 comment on this ........

Do the BRCA really think the UK market is big enough to Force TRINITY to build there motors to a BRCA specification ??

I believe if the motors make ROAR approval, but the BRCA want them different to meet there rules we'll just get left out in the cold.

Why retool just to sell a few motors to us over here because we got some stupid rules that are different to the other MUCH LARGER MARKETS

IMO our rules need to be the same as ROAR because to be differnent will just mean we have no motors to run as we count for a small part of the market. The BRCA can have there OWN rules for other things like bodyshell colours or something

Spot the BOD.... thoguht Colin was asking if the motor had passed or failed BRCA homologation, not whether OUR rules are right or wrong compared to ROAR, if you are so concerned, go and read their rules, THEN, go read their application form, then spot AAAALLLLL the grey areas in the rules. Also, most stock motors in the USA are NOT roar homologated (according to their website anyways).

Fabien is correct though, the web thickness is the thickness of the arm with which you wrap the windings around, the thicker the web the more wire you need to use to make 27 turns.... and other magnetic affects probably.

Did I see a pic of a Z-Zone with twin mounting holes in the can, not as previously with the holes at 90' to each other (sorry for that bod moment).
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:13 PM   #9
Tech Initiate
 
redlinezak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 39
Default

hi colin from what i can make out the co27 has been seen by the brca and 'did not meet their requirements so at present is not approved apparently the armature did not meet their minimum dimensions which has a knock on effect on wire length.
redlinezak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:18 PM   #10
Tech Master
 
Merciless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,027
Send a message via ICQ to Merciless
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
Spot the BOD.... thoguht Colin was asking if the motor had passed or failed BRCA homologation, not whether OUR rules are right or wrong compared to ROAR, if you are so concerned, go and read their rules, THEN, go read their application form, then spot AAAALLLLL the grey areas in the rules. Also, most stock motors in the USA are NOT roar homologated (according to their website anyways).

Fabien is correct though, the web thickness is the thickness of the arm with which you wrap the windings around, the thicker the web the more wire you need to use to make 27 turns.... and other magnetic affects probably.

Did I see a pic of a Z-Zone with twin mounting holes in the can, not as previously with the holes at 90' to each other (sorry for that bod moment).
Humm, Maybe i just needed a rant

Sorry, i don't really give a bollox if the ROAR rules have loads of grey areas or not ! I feel no need to read them either as what matters is whether the motor is passed or not by the only ruling body that seems to matter

I'm not THAT concerned either just think it's really STUPID of our ruling body to have a different set of tolerences that motors have to meet from biggest ruling bodies out there.

Seems to me to be the usual british idea of making thing complicated for making it complicated's sake

Whats BOD all about
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:32 PM   #11
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Maybe, but I've been told that the BRCA rules are the same as ROAR, just without the grey areas. I've also been told that Trinity had to re-work on their komodo 19 because it didn't have proper stack web width and didn't meet ROAR rules and that's why they took them off their website for a time, maybe that's what we're seeing with the CO27.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:35 PM   #12
Tech Master
 
Merciless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,027
Send a message via ICQ to Merciless
Default

If i remember correctly the komodo 19 didn't make the ROAR spec. The Co27 already has, so i can't see it getting any reworking ?? who knows though i suspose.
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:45 PM   #13
Tech Master
 
Merciless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,027
Send a message via ICQ to Merciless
Default

Sorry and to address "there the same but without the grey areas". Although at conception this could seem a good idea, it whats lead to the problem we have now ......

Next fly in the ointment would be if TRINITY were to stop producing the MONSTER .........

Like i said before the ROAR rules are good enough for the biggest part of the world surely there good enough for us ?? Just why do we need to be different ?? motors do fail the ROAR tests and seem to be put right (like the komodo 19)

Personnely i think the BRCA are going to stick to there guns, this could lead to us the racer having a lot harder time finding motors.

Oh just where are all the stock motors at the moment ?? As monsters seem to be like rocking horse sh** and i can't see this improving if the rest of the world want the new Co27 but us guys need monsters to be able to race.

Which motor would you produce ....... the new one that'll sell to the masses or the older existing one that'll go to the few ??
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 06:03 PM   #14
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

I totally agree with you but there's not much we can do apart from complaining to the BRCA
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 07:29 PM   #15
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
Has the said motor gone to the BRCA yet for checking
no hear say please

been told it failed
if yes what on

what the hell is webbing measurment on the arm ?? (though only spiders had spun webs)

BRCA ;;stack length 21mm-22.80mm
web width 3.5mm

also just been told the co27 has just been passed by roar true or false, BRCA run close to these rules (well they did till some one decided `new` rules )
roll on li-po
The BRCA must have accidentally received the sales versions of the motor rather than the test/approval versions.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2008 BRCA (UK) Cell List Bigger Brother Electric On-Road 8 01-30-2008 12:07 PM
BRCA Electric Board (UK) radio_car_racer Electric On-Road 0 11-16-2007 12:27 PM
spektrum brca legal? trf racer Electric On-Road 24 09-20-2005 12:14 AM
BRCA Body lotus1 Electric On-Road 2 02-07-2005 06:28 AM
BRCA 2005 1/10th classes ziggy12345 Nitro On-Road 34 11-04-2004 01:34 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:26 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net