Community
Wiki Posts
Search

co27t been to BRCA

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 12:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
The BRCA must have accidentally received the sales versions of the motor rather than the test/approval versions.

And I thought I was a cynic.

Originally Posted by Merciless
Oh just where are all the stock motors at the moment ?? As monsters seem to be like rocking horse sh** and i can't see this improving if the rest of the world want the new Co27 but us guys need monsters to be able to race.
New racing season = new stock motor from Team T , it is all about the marketing and generating sales. Now I must really go and see the doctor and get some medication for this cynicism I'm suffering from.
Old 03-18-2006, 12:19 AM
Tech Master

The BRCA must have accidentally received the sales versions of the motor rather than the test/approval versions.
Brutal......but nice!
Old 03-18-2006, 01:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Why do our rules have to be wrong. Just because ROAR is bigger than the BRCA does not make them right.

I know its not on-rooad, but in off-road I am pretty sure that the UK ran 5 minute races well before the US made the change. Were we wrong? What does everyone race now?

Japan are different to the US, they have 23T, and they produce some of the worlds best drivers, are they wrong?

Just because the BRCA is different does not mean they are wrong
Old 03-18-2006, 01:27 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

i have one here it has 21.5mm stack length, so it`s not that

next thing i heard was the webbing to big over 3.5mm ,buy i don`t want to unwind my new motor just to measure this
nice to have rick howart on here !
rick can you measure one for us

there are no 27t in this country atall , except drib`s & drap`s which is not on

for the racers side of thing`s it is bad, even 19t c2 are like rocking horse sh~t

this just show`s you the demand on 27t/19t spec classes there are from would be racer`s
nat`s 27t might be down from last year but because there are so many `LITTLE` mid week club`s running 27t ,

merciless
there are a few people up top that think the UK is that important

this is what happen`s when you have ton`s of rules ,it knackers the whole system of `ENJOYMENT`
Old 03-18-2006, 01:35 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by cockerill
Why do our rules have to be wrong. Just because ROAR is bigger than the BRCA does not make them right.

I know its not on-rooad, but in off-road I am pretty sure that the UK ran 5 minute races well before the US made the change. Were we wrong? What does everyone race now?

Japan are different to the US, they have 23T, and they produce some of the worlds best drivers, are they wrong?

they might not be
but can you find any 27t even from helgar
also there are 2 other new rules added since last year for spec classes to make even tighter to get through

so as racers get more fustrated in getting motor`s (since there isn`t any), what would you reccomend to them ?? go mod maybe !!

marketing
proberly
but new motors will allway`s sell no matter

yes monster will be faded out replaced by the co27 & roar will stay
Old 03-18-2006, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

forgot to say
2005 rules co27 would of passed
2006 rules it doesn`t 2 more rules put in for jan this year

so
is trinity to blame
i think not because this co27 was made & put out end of last year so it would pass the `old` rules to which it `COULD` of been made to

who voted these rule`s in ???

and before you play the ; rules are for leveling the playing field card ;
common sense is more powerfull !

how about let there be some motors on the market to buy in first place card
Old 03-18-2006, 02:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, the membership voted to allow the committee to be able to re-write a rules to clarify what it meant to releive it of it's grey areas without actualy changing the meaning of the rule.... so as a BRCA member who didn't vote, I am one to blame same as most BRCA members, if you are THAT concerned about the rules, then get a change proposed and seconded for the next AGM (October) and get a group of like minded people and ATTEND otherwise none of us can realy complain, just accept them.

Also, I think the constant accusations of 'cheating' in spec class has forced the BRCA to clarify.

Rik, I thought the test samples were supposed to be 'random samples' of a batch of components not ones specifically measured to make them 'fit' the rules, maybe this is me being cynical in the way you worded it.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:21 AM
Tech Adept

just think you havent got the internet your racing at a club that follows the brca rules where do you buy a motor you ask the brca for a list of shops that supply the homonagated motors and guess what they fail at that rule as they let disributers sell them on ebay and there internet sites not supply the shops.

The main rule is for the motor to be avalible in shops for the public to be able to buy this isent happening you have to buy from ebay or be in the know.
So 90% of the motors shouldnt be on the list for this first hurdle thats before the BRCA take the motor apart to find the there is a nats cock on the arm making it fail.

The brca fail by letting guys import motors and not distribute them around the shops like they should Br00d/Modeltech do they supply other shops other that his own NO Team scream ebay or there web site this does not comply with the rules so the motor should not be on the list.

With that in mind im of for a fag and guys run what you like because 90% of the motors arnt legal anyway.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:28 AM
Tech Master

Well if we were to follow ROAR rules as some suggest, we wouldn't be able to use the ATLAS or the REEDY as they use the Hemmi winding technique and it's not legal anymore in ROAR, they have to be crosswrapped. Also the stack web width is the same as in ROAR there's no difference, only that BRCA had not put that in their rules previously. If Trinity makes a motor that don't comply with the rules they have laid down themselves well it's their problem isn't it ?
Old 03-18-2006, 02:31 AM
Tech Adept

Any way bit off topic

But why do the motors from br00d,EA,Express,Thunder,Team Scream have to be homoligated As im buying a monster that I have chosen to be tune buy a company instead of me doing it its a monster stock motor the spec is the same?

on the list should be the motors from the main companies MVP,Monster,Core etc not which bloke in a shed tuned it other wise why arnt the batteries the same?
They are just ib3800,ib4200,gp3300,gp3700 etc mot who matched them
Old 03-18-2006, 02:33 AM
Tech Adept

Lots of talk about whether or not the CO27 will make our specs or not. My concern is whoever is running any BRCA , BTCC , STCCC nationals which are coming up very quickly , hasnt really got a clue what to run or which way to turn regards motors. Why dont all these organisers of the above events stick 2 fingers up to BRCA and allow them to be run. They may listen to bigger voices and you may find rules being relaxed.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:34 AM
Tech Adept

Surely rules about the dimensions of parts within the motor aren't strictly necessary...? What would be wrong with having set external dimension limits, and letting anything with 27 turns of a set width copper wire allowed? If manufacturors have a freer reign but have to be selling the motor for under £30 then the manufacturors and us are on a level playing field, right?

There might be flaws in this, but I don't really see why motors should be limited so much, as long as all the manufacturors are following the same set of rules.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cockerill

Sorry this is not so much about our rules being wrong(which incedently they are), more that we don't count for a large enough part of the stock motor market to be making them and expecting the GAINTS of the industry to really care.

IMO the brca should set rules for things they can influence , race distance/time ,track width ,minimum weight etc. etc. and leave the manufacturing rules and tollerences to the BODIES that can influence the manufactures
Old 03-18-2006, 03:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ralph_c
Surely rules about the dimensions of parts within the motor aren't strictly necessary...? What would be wrong with having set external dimension limits, and letting anything with 27 turns of a set width copper wire allowed? If manufacturors have a freer reign but have to be selling the motor for under £30 then the manufacturors and us are on a level playing field, right?

There might be flaws in this, but I don't really see why motors should be limited so much, as long as all the manufacturors are following the same set of rules.
To my understanding, the minimum stack web width was introduced because the motors are machine wound and a small web will cause problems when winding them, making them a lot more inconsistant from motor to motor.

However, I've just checked the ROAR rule book and there is no mention of that stack web dimension in there. BUT there is a minimum allowed length of wire specified which may have led to that rule (smaller web = shorter wire).
Old 03-18-2006, 03:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For a start, companies will start making motors that will only physically last a few runs before self-destructing themselves, then you got the financial implications on the driver constantly trying to keep up with performance etc.... rules are there so EVERYONE knows where they stand, including the manufacturers, so for people to complain about the lack of homologated motors, complain to the importers, distributors etc, they all have the rules and CAN make motors to it, it is a matter of them 'trying' to cut things very fine build wise.

In the end, if the motor has failed, it has failed tech inspection, Trinity knows this and should hopefuly be rectifying it as we speak, if not, then you know where you stand regards that.

re: why Brood/EA etc have to have their motors homologated to, they have a choice of options to build a motor for themselves, stack type and style, can type/colour/label, endbell design etc, so although they may USE a Monster, they can chenge things in the build to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.