R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-22-2006, 03:44 AM   #166
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
Okay doeky
where has this got us to resolving the shortage of legal motors for racers & shops in the uk ??
A) no where really

it`s a one sided fight really ,no one coming on here from BRCA board
lot of it is just hear say from us user`s ,

lot of us don`t have the basic understanding of what is required for 27t motors
but then we could learn from it if BRCA board came on & enlighten us or
re educate us in our thinking towards it (in English Language of course)

so from today i`m not going to complain anymore about BRCA or the `Hobby` it self (in public)

i be gone for about a year after this look after your self`s have a good one

mike
i will apoligise in person to you @ w/london for the argument we had last year

And sorry to the opposing teams for upsetting them past & recently in silly comments i made
Well we didn't go very far, but we got the BRCA to know that we're worried about what's happening. It might not be much but it's something. As for Mike's comment on "that other forum" (to copy his expression, sorry if i'm plagiating), may I say that I probably know a bit more than he think about motors, and I have fully read the rules.

Fact is, we asked to get informed on the reason for the CO27 not passing, and we were politely told that it's not our problem. My understanding is that, as the CO27 has passed ROAR approval (which is carried on by an external lab), that means it complies to ROAR Rules. Now the new wording that was introduced in the winter were supposed not to change the meaning whilst clearing grey areas (otherwise that change of wording would be illegal, if i understood well). SO, how come a motor that's passed ROAR approval would not pass the same process at BRCA if both rules have the same meaning ?

THIS, my friends, is the real issue at hand, because it means that manufacturers can make motors to ROAR rules that would not comply with BRCA rules.

Last thing, I'm not very much fussed about the CO27 itself, since I'm racing 19T this season and will probably never race 27T. However the same rule changes have been applied to 19T rules and I am worried about the fact that the new motors coming up (checkpoint and KD19 for instance) might not pass homologation for the same reasons than the CO27.

Oh, I believe this was proper English Language with only a few grammatical or orthographical mistakes, but bear with me (don't worry, it's a teddy bear ) I'm learning the language.

Colin : what are you talking about you'll be gone for about a year ? You haven't made your anouncement on the C-S Racing thread yet

Fabien
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:20 AM   #167
Tech Adept

Well, in an attempt to appease you all (shut you all up) you will all be happy to know that the Checkpoint 19T is legal. We are just awaiting the 1st main shipment.

There is life beyond Trinity you know.

Stu
Old 03-22-2006, 05:24 AM   #168
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartC
Well, in an attempt to appease you all (shut you all up) you will all be happy to know that the Checkpoint 19T is legal. We are just awaiting the 1st main shipment.

Stu
Now that's good news, thanks Stuart for the info.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 06:13 AM   #169
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless

Quote:

Stu
Ah kool, i guess you don't think anyone will mind if i use one of them instead of my usual monster in 27t then
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 06:48 AM   #170
Tech Regular

Thanks Stu, but sadly that doesn't go very far to appease the 27t stock readers of this thread, who still are unable to buy any stock motors anywhere...

I know not the BRCA's problem, but still, what do we do. And i come back to the point of my local drivers who don't have the internet, or enough internet knowledge to find the places that don't have motors, and can only find the places that never have motors.

OK, start of the season, very high demand for motors, what do you do...?

I don't know, but i know the discussion at my club tonight will be whether or not to relax the rules to allow any 27t not worrying about the list, which i thought was a great idea for our club drivers as it levelled the field and they knew what they could buy.

I couldn't care less whether the co27 is legal or not, but the commercial availability of motors has to be attended to, is it too much demand at the start of the season, or small distributors having too much demand to cope with.

In an ideal world i want to walk into my local model shop, to support him as he supports me with all his aqcuired knowledge and buy with an informed choice any of the motors on the list. At the moment i cannot.
jakeburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 10:23 AM   #171
Tech Adept

Quote:

Stu
I only come on this forum to cheer my day up!
The above post again shows me how out of touch some people are.
Merciless hits the button , (I thought you were running 19t in stock class by the way )
"Appease me all you like by making the CO27 legal for me to run" and then AND ONLY THEN will I "shut up"...
FTQ Models
Sean T Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 11:29 AM   #172
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And people wonder why the BRCA rep won't come on here to answer your questions....
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 11:56 AM   #173
Tech Adept

Sean, I think what you may fail to realise is that there is a good chance that I am more "in touch" about what is going on than anyone else on this thread and that Merciless may have missed the button completely.

Brai........Merciless, please enlighten me as to how the CO27 not being legal will affect your chances of getting a Monster. While you're at it could you explain how this lack of supply of Monsters is the BRCA's fault.

Has anyone here contacted Epic to enquire why they are not supplying "legal" motors?

Jake, I agree about the commercial availability, but from what I have heard this will be settling down over the next few weeks. I think you will find most clubs will run to quite relaxed rules anyway so at club level I don't see this being too much of a problem.

What scares me most is how much a slight blip in the supply chain can cause such an uproar, makes you wonder how many stock motors you lot go through, sounds like a real nice cheap class.

Question to you all. The CO27 gets made legal "for the sake of the class", you all buy 1, it's not as fast as the old style stocks, then what do you all do?

I look forward to all your replies.

Stu
Old 03-22-2006, 12:15 PM   #174
Tech Adept

Question to you all. The CO27 gets made legal "for the sake of the class", you all buy 1, it's not as fast as the old style stocks, then what do you all do?

Stu[/QUOTE]
I say "thanks for giving me the option to try this motor and then go back to running my other motor....Or one from my vast aray of motors in my box.
PS. I run stock because its a controlled class , it has nothing to do with being a more affordfable class.
If I choose to buy 40 motors then I shall , I earn my money and so choose to spend it how I like.
DA...I also wonder why a BRCA rep doesnt come on here....Whats your point?
FTQ Models
Sean T Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:25 PM   #175
Tech Master

they come on here, tell you what you don't want to know and then you all jump down his/her throat, so why bother.
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:36 PM   #176
Tech Addict

FFS what the hell is happening to you lot?????????????

Its only 1 Bloody motor yes ok, it seems to be the thing to have in the US but who cares its not legal for BRCA EVENTS for anyone so you are all in the same boat.

There are some motors out there and as has previously been pointed out there are alot more that should be here very soon.
Nathan Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:37 PM   #177
Tech Addict

I guess I have a very simplistic view on all this. The CO27 The KOS and any other new motor that may come our way are called 27 turn stock motors right, all having the same gauge wire wound 27 times, the same as the current monsters ROARs etc they also all have fixed 24 degree timing which surely puts a finite limit on their performance! And as all top drivers are eeking out every last drop of advantage they can get from their motors antway, surely they will all be at that same level. For the rest of us mortals is there really so much difference in performance that makes these most complicated rules necessary? I ran a CO27 last week and got absolutely trounced by drivers who had more skill and a better set up car so what did it matter, at least the motor was available! In this hobby 30 is a mear drop in the ocean with what we spend on cars, radio gear, tyres, etc so anyone can use one really and use what advantage (if any) there might be.

As I said very simplistic if long winded!!!

Just my 2p's worth

Paul
Team EAM
mutley001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:09 PM   #178
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Why is trinity not supplying legal motors? Are you kidding me?

The motor was designed in 2005 and put into production in November 2005....BRCA changed their rules for Jan 2006....

Can't blame the company producing a motor designed under the rules, only to see the rules changed.....and only by one organization, while it's legal for every other one...

The fault does not lie with trinity, but with BRCA for not communicating with the largest stock motor company on the planet.....

And a running change is not likely to happen, as there is not guarantee that a thicker web armature will work well with the other components of the motor or the other changes to the armature....

Later EddieO
Old 03-22-2006, 01:10 PM   #179
Tech Initiate

personally my main worry is not whether the co27 or any other motor is approved or not, it is the concern that the monster and some of the other stock motors will become more and more scarce if motor manufacturers new motors take the place of the old ones that we still use. If that becomes the case then i believe the brca may well have to review their homologation regulations to fall into line with other governing bodies. As long as we are on a level playing field in 27 turn then there is no cause for concern. From what i can gather the monster in whatever form appears to be the most popular motor in stock in this country which is made by trinity. If trinity see the co27 as the monsters replacement then obviously they will reduce or cease production of the monster that will be the time i will feel the need for the regulations to be updated. Sure i would like to try the co27 as i have heard good things about it but if someone who is a better driver than me can be me when we both run monsters they will most likely beat me if we are both running co27's.
redlinezak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 02:36 PM   #180
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless

Quote:
Sean, I think what you may fail to realise is that there is a good chance that I am more "in touch" about what is going on than anyone else on this thread and that Merciless may have missed the button completely.

Brai........Merciless, please enlighten me as to how the CO27 not being legal will affect your chances of getting a Monster. While you're at it could you explain how this lack of supply of Monsters is the BRCA's fault.

Has anyone here contacted Epic to enquire why they are not supplying "legal" motors?

Jake, I agree about the commercial availability, but from what I have heard this will be settling down over the next few weeks. I think you will find most clubs will run to quite relaxed rules anyway so at club level I don't see this being too much of a problem.

What scares me most is how much a slight blip in the supply chain can cause such an uproar, makes you wonder how many stock motors you lot go through, sounds like a real nice cheap class.

Stu
I assume you didn't hear that the Co27 is likely to be the Monsters replacement ?? I hope this might answer your question ??

I also don't really care to much about the Co27 in particular , more the implications the NEW rules have in general and the fact that they were put into place after the Co27 and KOS were in production(I believe the KOS would have failed the old rules so fair enough, but the Co27 would have passed) .

For the average Club racer the TRINITY motors in which ever forum you get them appear to be the best proforming stock out there, This is where MY problem lies with the NEW rules. If the motors by the largest manufacture out there are band i now need to use something else. Something that is my opinion is fundamentally inferior.

After saying all this there have got to be people that will gain from TRINITY losing there strangle hold on the stock motor market ?!

Last edited by Merciless; 03-22-2006 at 02:58 PM.
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote