Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Where to buy foam tires for (old) 1/10th pan car (235mm) >

Where to buy foam tires for (old) 1/10th pan car (235mm)

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By demoman588

Where to buy foam tires for (old) 1/10th pan car (235mm)

Old 03-12-2020, 05:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Where to buy foam tires for (old) 1/10th pan car (235mm)

... I used to run and race on-road 30 years ago.
I have 3 or 4 RC10L's that I pulled out of storage along with tons of parts etc.. including all the old Novak speed controls and Twister motors etc..
I have some nice bodies for them - including a box art RC10L that's never been run. I also have a bunch of those old Sees aluminum wheels.
I want to put one or two on a shelf a run a couple... see if I can get them tweaked and go in a straight line

Anyway.... where on earth can one get foam tires for these nowadays? The foam on most of the tires is all cracked, I want to put some foams on a bunch of the cool wheels I have including the Sees aluminum stuff.
The only tires I found were from BSR, I tried to remove the foam from the wheels with various things incl. acetone but it ruins the foam
Old 03-12-2020, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

TeamCRC.com........their online web-store still shows foam tires for 1/10th pancars.
Old 03-12-2020, 06:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

BSR has the tires you are looking for, And RC4Less has pro10 tires also
THEBIGBULL likes this.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Many brands... Shepherd, Capricorn, Contact... etc etc.

Id say come check out our Pro10 thread: Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion
Old 03-13-2020, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Does anyone sell donuts? I still have a bunch of rims from back in the day, not to mention my old MaxMod tire truer... I can always use rubber cement, since obviously no one sells tire glue commercially anymore.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Windtunnel used to. But they were badly cut to begin with, inside and out, which made mounting a pain.

https://www.windtunnelracingproducts...=Donut&x=0&y=0
Old 03-13-2020, 11:17 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn View Post
Does anyone sell donuts? I still have a bunch of rims from back in the day, not to mention my old MaxMod tire truer... I can always use rubber cement, since obviously no one sells tire glue commercially anymore.
You're best bet is going to be to try and contact BSR or someone like that directly and see if they can send you what you need.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn View Post
3M weather stripping glue, otherwise known as gorilla snot, will work for tire glue.
Old 03-13-2020, 01:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for all the responses! I found the correct place to ask these specific question about older RC.
I have bought some of the BSR tires (but did not see there is 3 or 4 company's selling mounted 1/10th pan car foam including CRC whom I remember from way back)
A few weeks ago I tried to dismount some BSR foam but it ruins the foam and they crack and fit too tight on the old wheels.

Basically I want to mount some foam on the old Sees & Associated wheels - a couple for show cars but also one or two sets to actually run & video the old RC10L with those beautiful vintage wheels.
I will try to contact a couple of those companies, maybe I can offer to buy a good size lot of donuts sans wheels.

I see that there's someone selling reproductions of the old Technacraft/Sees style aluminum wheels for the RC10L without foam so people must be getting them from somewhere
search ebay for Team Associated RC10L PAN CAR Alloy Wheels set Tecnacraft repro auction

I've emailed BSR as well as the Ebay seller to inquire about sourcing the foam. I'll update here.
Unfortunately I can't post pics or links of the stuff I'm talking about because I don't have enough posts.
Maybe in a short time I'll be able to update with pics.

Last edited by alphazone; 03-13-2020 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:38 PM
Tech Initiate

I was looking to get donuts for a Bolink. This site offers custom sizes, but I haven't ordered from there yet.

https://tmrcracing.com/main.sc
Old 03-17-2020, 01:44 PM

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

www.gp-speedtires.de