Like Tree275Likes

Schumacher F1

Old 12-09-2020, 01:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mhuse6969
The left side support is mis-drilled as you said. Its 2m toward center of vehicle. I noticed it when i was building part, and it became more evident when I attached to chassis.
Your picture with it assembled looks correct though. The center damper ball stud is in the middle, the tweak plate with the battery mount and spring perches looks centered to the main chassis. I'm expecting to see an empty screw hole somewhere.
Old 12-09-2020, 01:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Your picture with it assembled looks correct though. The center damper ball stud is in the middle, the tweak plate with the battery mount and spring perches looks centered to the main chassis. I'm expecting to see an empty screw hole somewhere.

7mm is left side. thanks
Old 12-09-2020, 04:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Now it's clear!

Try this link:
https://www.racing-cars.com/contact-us
Old 12-10-2020, 12:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi mhuse6969.

I hope your getting on okay with the car. This isnt a misdrilled carbon part. (actually that is near impossible with the way the parts are drilled with cnc).

This is known anyway. Because the hole pitch of the 2 screws is very small, that part can sit on an angle even with nicely toleranced screw holes. We left it this way as it gives the ability to hold them inwards when tightening for shorter lipos, while allowing to be wider using larger batteries.. (They tend to stay where they are positioned whilst tightening)

Simply loosen screws for both side lipo mounts and hold them in the direction that best suites your lipo when tightening,, They should become equal.

I hope this helps.
Old 12-10-2020, 12:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Dan,
Thanks for the interest and look forward to seeing how it goes for you
The narrow front top plate is going into stock imminently and the aluminium chassis is showing on the website as 5th January which i think is accurate. I hope this helps.
By the way on the crc rims I’m using the kit upper top plate and like it best in high grip (uk style 'high' grip). There is a track width chart on the setup section of the schumi website, i should point out that 'indoor pits 2020 brca' is the pit shumizu on a the crc wheel.
I cant yet post a link. Its the racing-cars website- technical info at the top - icon - then its right there with some of my setups. More content from me and other drivers will be added all the time.

We did tons of track width testing with the prototypes, and i strongly recommend starting with the shorter wheelbase and only go to the long option as a fix if ever struggling to drive. I much prefer the shortest in most situations.

Last edited by Andy Murray; 12-10-2020 at 12:29 AM.
Old 12-10-2020, 12:23 AM
Tech Regular

I decided to look at this on our Icon. I can make the LiPo stops the same as in the photo by loosening the two screws, moving them and re-tightening. Looks like it is just a matter of making sure they are straight when tightened, there is some play in them when loose.

Track width guide on Andy's behalf https://www.racing-cars.com/content/...idth_chart.jpg
Link to full tech section https://www.racing-cars.com/technical-information-icon

Last edited by TrevCoult; 12-10-2020 at 02:05 AM.
Old 12-10-2020, 08:54 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Awesome info guys. I race on a small/tight black carpet track. (medium traction black carpet, maybe equates to high traction UK style)

Will try the carbon chassis on shortwheelbase with a gear diff. I also received my Schumacher covid mask, I heard it is good for two tenths when driving my Icon.
LonnyJ1950 likes this.
Old 12-10-2020, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

Butter smooth build!
Old 12-10-2020, 09:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

How is camber adjusted? Is it done by altering the width of the lower arms? Itís not clear to me and Iíve reviewed the manual.
Old 12-11-2020, 12:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by photeckk
How is camber adjusted? Is it done by altering the width of the lower arms? Itís not clear to me and Iíve reviewed the manual.
You must have missed it. Page 26 of the manual. There's an optional camber strap for 1.5 degrees, kit is 2 degrees.
Old 12-13-2020, 05:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Does anyone know what is the extra hole for in the bottom motor pod plate, on the RH side behind the side link pivot?
liljohn1064 likes this.
Old 12-15-2020, 06:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

I just ordered mine tonignt !
Old 12-17-2020, 03:59 PM
Tech Rookie

NizmoGizmo:
'Does anyone know what is the extra hole for in the bottom motor pod plate, on the RH side behind the side link pivot?'
-------------------------------------------

This is a pod balancing location.

For the majority of motors, when using the kit ball differential, no motor spacers behind the motor and no balance weight will offer the best balance.

Weights can be screwed/stuck, to the underside (hanging) from this location to offer perfect pod balance and therefore equal handling to the left/right, whilst maintaining minimal acting un-sprung mass.
**Schumachers own round screw on weights are coming soon, but others are available.**

-For hobbywing G3R motors a 5 gram weight can be used.
-For a hobbywing G3R with a spool, a 10 gram weight can be used.
-For the majority of motors with a spool, a 5 gram weight can be used.

This is only a guide and some motors may even need motor spacers to push the motor left 0.5 or 1mm. THis can be checked with the pod removed from the car and the motor installed.

As an example: If the rear pod is heavier on the left side, this will create the feeling of a very aggressive steering on left hand corners, right hand corners would offer understeer/ easier in comparison.

Optimising the pod balance is very important to equal handling for all pan cars!

Last edited by Andy Murray; 12-17-2020 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-17-2020, 05:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the explanation Andy! I was hoping to hear it was something like that, and glad that I didn't miss something during assembly or a revision note. I've corner scaled my car with electronics and balanced it out to 50/50% (side/side) and a 40/60% (front/rear) split. Looking forward to further testing and setup.
Old 12-25-2020, 03:36 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Andy, what are your thoughts on the mass damper for high grip carpet?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.