Like Tree271Likes

Schumacher F1

Old 04-29-2024, 09:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by disaster999
From experience with F1 cars, softer front springs would increase turning. pushing weight to the front of the car would also help. Increasing caster would make the car easier to drive

Also what tires are you running with the car?
I am running exotek yellows in front and reds in the rear. I was thinking about droop setting to get more weight up front but I didnít change anything and the push just got worse as the day went on. Most guys had this tire set up on their cars at least the 4 out of the top 5 did. I will increase caster and see what that does itís weird that brand new tires got worse as they wore in Iím thinking thereís something else going on here affecting the cars handling
Old 04-30-2024, 05:28 AM
Tech Rookie

I'll probably order the fenix lm001 kit more carbon= better

And for the rear mounts you just use the standard body posts of the icon 2? Aren't they a little bit to much in the front of the car?
Old 05-01-2024, 06:37 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slyd3x
I'll probably order the fenix lm001 kit more carbon= better

And for the rear mounts you just use the standard body posts of the icon 2? Aren't they a little bit to much in the front of the car?
The body posts needs to be mounted to the main chassis for it to work, and there arent really that many options unless you have some custom carbon pieces made to mount it to the rear wing mount. Even then that MIGHT be too far back for the body...maybe? I havent really looked into that.

Also, heres another option for the front bumper
https://shop.wircracing.com/product/03268/
https://shop.wircracing.com/product/800001/
Old 05-02-2024, 12:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by disaster999
The body posts needs to be mounted to the main chassis for it to work, and there arent really that many options unless you have some custom carbon pieces made to mount it to the rear wing mount. Even then that MIGHT be too far back for the body...maybe? I havent really looked into that.
Yeah have seen the WIRC parts also, but to expensive in my opinion. also the Fenix stuff is easier to get.

I bet you can mount the rear of the body on the C/F Multi Mount U8080 there are two holes unused on this brace.
Old 05-02-2024, 12:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Slyd3x
Yeah have seen the WIRC parts also, but to expensive in my opinion. also the Fenix stuff is easier to get.

I bet you can mount the rear of the body on the C/F Multi Mount U8080 there are two holes unused on this brace.
Unused is the wrong word, I meant you can probably use the holes for the batteryholders for the body mount aswell.
Old 05-07-2024, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I've been working on getting the car setup for crc carpet with exotek tires. I'm very pleased with how the car is working so far. The car stays flat in the corners and carries a lot of corner speed. Here's what I came up with.

Kruss45 likes this.
Old 05-20-2024, 03:14 AM
Tech Adept

m running a r1 25.5 v21-s in my F1 currently geared at 86 spur 32 pinion on high grip black carpet. The timing is about 46* on my Motolyser. Down the straight I can keep up with the faster drivers but in the infield they just pull away from me. Fast guys lap times are low 12ís Iím mid to upper 12 second range. Am I over geared? Am I under geared? Please help
Old 05-20-2024, 06:28 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I don't know the size of your track but generally I stay in the 2.8-3.0 range for most indoor carpet tracks and I ran those ratios when I used to run that R1 motor. Seems you are at 2.68 so not too far off.
Kruss45 likes this.
Old 05-20-2024, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kruss45
m running a r1 25.5 v21-s in my F1 currently geared at 86 spur 32 pinion on high grip black carpet. The timing is about 46* on my Motolyser. Down the straight I can keep up with the faster drivers but in the infield they just pull away from me. Fast guys lap times are low 12ís Iím mid to upper 12 second range. Am I over geared? Am I under geared? Please help
My feeling is that you are loosing time because you scrub too much speed in the technical portions of the track, not because of gearing. Maybe the balance between rear and front traction is not correct and you loose speed because you push just so lightly or your rear wheels lack traction during acceleration. If your gearing is the culprit, I would think that your motor temperature would show it.

Martin Paradis
Kruss45 likes this.
Old 05-20-2024, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dan
I don't know the size of your track but generally I stay in the 2.8-3.0 range for most indoor carpet tracks and I ran those ratios when I used to run that R1 motor. Seems you are at 2.68 so not too far off.
I was at an 2.77 fdr at the start of the race day and I ended with a 2.69 FDR. Seems like gearing wise I may have went the wrong way.
Old 05-20-2024, 05:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rhodopsine
My feeling is that you are loosing time because you scrub too much speed in the technical portions of the track, not because of gearing. Maybe the balance between rear and front traction is not correct and you loose speed because you push just so lightly or your rear wheels lack traction during acceleration. If your gearing is the culprit, I would think that your motor temperature would show it.

Martin Paradis
Iím going to try a stiffer side spring to get a better balance
Old 05-21-2024, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kruss45
I would try 42* to 44* timing with the same gearing first to see if I get a better response in the infield without giving up too much down the straight. If you do get higher top speed down the straight with lower timing, then you were overgeared, but laptimes need to go down too...
Kruss45 likes this.
Old 05-24-2024, 07:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Evaluate your lap times from hot lap to the end of the race. If you see a big fall off, you are over geared. If you can be within .2 or .3 your pretty right on. You can try a little bigger pinion at that point.

I learned a long time ago if the car's lap times fall off a cliff at the end of a race the motor is too hot or you roasted the fronts and lost steering.
rhodopsine and Kruss45 like this.
Old 05-25-2024, 05:08 PM
Tech Adept

For those that have tried the mass dampener on their icon. What oil and spring and weight did you try? What kind of results did you have with it?
Old 06-02-2024, 07:42 PM
Tech Adept

Has anyone used the zen front wing with the icon?