Like Tree261Likes

Schumacher F1

Old 07-30-2023, 12:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Not allowed to post pictures yet....
Old 08-03-2023, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

Does anyone have a good base setup for a somewhat small asphalt track (about 15 sec laps 25.5 motor). One big straight 75-80ft long, the rest is somewhat technical. I would say grip is med-low, especially outside of the groove. I plan to put my new Icon2 on the track for practice Monday and I'd love to have a starting point that I can then refine to suit my driving style style. I have sever sets of tires I can use, Exotek, Pits/CRC, Ride, Gravity...

Thanks
Martin Paradis
Old 08-06-2023, 01:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rhodopsine
Does anyone have a good base setup for a somewhat small asphalt track (about 15 sec laps 25.5 motor). One big straight 75-80ft long, the rest is somewhat technical. I would say grip is med-low, especially outside of the groove. I plan to put my new Icon2 on the track for practice Monday and I'd love to have a starting point that I can then refine to suit my driving style style. I have sever sets of tires I can use, Exotek, Pits/CRC, Ride, Gravity...

Thanks
Martin Paradis
Not sure if I can post a PDF yet or not. If this doesnt work I'll edit the post and give you the highlights of my setup.

I run on a not so standard surface. Sealed concrete indoors. Temps run right around 80-85 degrees air temp. I havent checked track surface temp before always just assumed it was the same. Have to check that next race day. Car runs good as long as I do my part. Still trying some things to get front tire wear down.

Radio
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Old 08-06-2023, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Radio93
Not sure if I can post a PDF yet or not. If this doesnt work I'll edit the post and give you the highlights of my setup.

I run on a not so standard surface. Sealed concrete indoors. Temps run right around 80-85 degrees air temp. I havent checked track surface temp before always just assumed it was the same. Have to check that next race day. Car runs good as long as I do my part. Still trying some things to get front tire wear down.

Radio
That helps, thanks. Just one question, though, you really run 0 degree caster?

Martin Paradis
Old 08-06-2023, 02:15 PM
Tech Rookie

That helps, thanks. Just one question, though, you really run 0 degree caster?

Martin Paradis
Yes. I really run 0 caster. I started with 12 degrees and the car pushed like a dumptruck. I couldnt turn in without coming to an almost complete stop in the corners. As I took out caster the steering got better and better and I went back to the stiffer front springs. Car handles great now other than the fronts wear a little fast. I am the same speed on the straight as the others in the class running Exoteks and CRCs but in the infield I run away from them because I can roll the corners unless its a 180 and then its just a little tap on the brakes to set the nose.

Radio
Old 09-07-2023, 09:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Thanks
Martin Paradis
salut Martin !

For the setup you can try Andreas Steibler setup on petitrc

https://site.petitrc.com/reglages/sc...bio2022091417/

I have one Icon2 too but I use it on black carpet with gravity tire

Francois Quintal
Old 11-07-2023, 03:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi. Has the icon 2 been discontinued ? Is there an icon 3 coming?
Old 11-07-2023, 07:30 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Appears it has been discontinued from some retailers and taken off the main cars list on the Schumi website.

No mention of an Icon 3 but granted the latest success in ETS, it is probably on the horizon. Icon 1 was available for about 1.5 years, and it has been 1.5 years for the Icon 2 so far.
Old 11-07-2023, 08:28 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

https://www.discountrcstore.com/schu...orlds-kit.html

The ICON 2 Worlds features some of the optional and development parts used by Andreas, now included in the kit, to make this the ultimate RC Formula racing machine.

NEW - Horizontal Alloy Wing Mount offering improved strength.
NEW - Vertical Carbon Fiber Wing Mount allows the wing to be lowered by 5mm compared to previous generation.
NEW - Lightweight low center of gravity CNC alloy rear transmission housings. Lowered bearing housings to ensure small diameter foam tyres can achieve desirable ride heights.
NEW - Rear Springs that allow for full suspension travel when using softer spring rates.
NEW - Rear Spring Seat to suit new springs and provide clearance to the axle.
NEW - Montech Front and Rear wings for improved performance.
NEW - Castor inserts with pre-defined settings built in (5° & 8°, 6° & 7°, 2.5° & 10.5°).
NEW - Front King Pin provides the option to run more front droop which can result in more front grip.
NEW - Carbon Fiber Side Link Mount offers more space for electronics installation.
NEW - Carbon Fiber Full Length Chassis for increased cornering predictability and improved rear traction suspension system. Now accepts option rectangular weights to ballast up to weight limit.

Glad to see caster inserts. Now this car should be super bulletproof.
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 11-08-2023, 08:03 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

I suppose you can always order another set and place it on the outer posts too. At least it is easy to retrofit onto older Icons.
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 11-08-2023, 01:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dan
I suppose you can always order another set and place it on the outer posts too. At least it is easy to retrofit onto older Icons.
when changing /checking the caster on the Icon-F1 , I always take a second diagonal measurement (2) . This ensures the caster is equal on both sides , as the upper plate might be skewed .
Dan likes this.
Old 11-20-2023, 06:56 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just got the worlds kit and finished building it, but I noticed the front steering with the turn buckles installed is a bit stiff. The steering stays put in whatever angle I put it as and doesn't flop around when move the car around. Is this normal for this kit, or any Schumacher kit for that matter? This is my first Schumacher kit and not familiar with its build quality.

I think its a combination of both the ball cups and the "kingpin" binding. I could work the cups a little to make them a tad looser, but for the upper and lower pivot ball thing the kingpin slides on, doesn't seem like I can do much to loose them aside from just running the car on the track and hope they break in over time.
Old 11-21-2023, 06:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by disaster999
I just got the worlds kit and finished building it, but I noticed the front steering with the turn buckles installed is a bit stiff. The steering stays put in whatever angle I put it as and doesn't flop around when move the car around. Is this normal for this kit, or any Schumacher kit for that matter? This is my first Schumacher kit and not familiar with its build quality.

I think its a combination of both the ball cups and the "kingpin" binding. I could work the cups a little to make them a tad looser, but for the upper and lower pivot ball thing the kingpin slides on, doesn't seem like I can do much to loose them aside from just running the car on the track and hope they break in over time.
Try pulling the ball cups out of the carbon and sanding the holes open a bit more.
My Icon and others Ive seen tend to pinch the plastics and bind them.

Its a combination of tool wear and molded plastics.

Old 11-21-2023, 05:19 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robbob
Try pulling the ball cups out of the carbon and sanding the holes open a bit more.
My Icon and others Ive seen tend to pinch the plastics and bind them.

Its a combination of tool wear and molded plastics.
They drop in the carbon with little to no friction.

Turns out it's the ball cups are pinching the ball studs too much. Just gotta work them a bit
Robbob likes this.
Old 12-09-2023, 12:19 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Installed two sets of the caster bushings onto my old Icon.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.