Like Tree271Likes

Schumacher F1

Old 02-02-2022, 11:41 PM
Tech Adept

Droop is done with the black spacers underneath the front springs. This can have a slight effect on the ride height.

Ride height is done the U8077 Ride Height shims underneath the suspension.

Regards Robert
Old 02-03-2022, 02:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Hello all. I purchased the reinforced posts. The height is different than the kit. They’re like 0.65 taller. My spacers are 0.25 and 0.50.. so I stacked them. I wonder why they didn’t make them the same height?
Old 02-03-2022, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 343 (100%+)

I don't know what the black spacers are. I bought the car used and frankly the guy didn't know set up.
Old 02-04-2022, 04:54 PM
Tech Adept

I think if the car is build like the kit setup there wont be any shims there. If you remove the e-clip from the king pin you can put shims between the spring and the e-clip.

On the setup sheet it is the part where it says shims.

Where it says spacers its actually the ride hight shims, and that value should also match the spacer on top of the rear center post of the camber strap.
Old 02-04-2022, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

I'll bite? Why is a shim on hinge pin from spring relate to shim on rear camber strap. There is already a 5mm saver on top of mount alum post on rear camber strap. I thought shomming under front springs creates droop?
Old 02-04-2022, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

On a separate topic I'm really struggling with gearing. My car came with a 48p 76 tooth spur. Running 25.5 r1 motor. Perplexed on pinions. Been everywhere from 22 up to 30....input woukd be great. I do have large spur coming
Old 02-04-2022, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

I'm jus so new to this style of car I'm struggling with tuning. So sorry to be repetitive or ignorant gang. In the base setup sheet is does say 2 mm of front droop but dies not say where to initiate.
Old 02-05-2022, 03:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by konasubs
I'm jus so new to this style of car I'm struggling with tuning. So sorry to be repetitive or ignorant gang. In the base setup sheet is does say 2 mm of front droop but dies not say where to initiate.
I think the droop on front is controlled with the washers between the bottom of the spring and c clip isn't it? A washer in will give additional compression at resting state reducing the amount of droop?

Also running mine indoors tomorrow for its second outing, can't wait.

Ice_nl and LonnyJ1950 like this.
Old 02-05-2022, 04:19 AM
Tech Adept

I'll bite? Why is a shim on hinge pin from spring relate to shim on rear camber strap. There is already a 5mm saver on top of mount alum post on rear camber strap. I thought shomming under front springs creates droop?
That is correct, it is not directly related. But as changing droop might also change the ride height a bit I wanted to mention the shim on the center post because it is not very clear on the setup sheet. So if you have a 5mm spacer on the post there should also be 5mm of ride height spacers under the 2 front posts as they are mounted directly on the spacers. If you have the ride height set you only have to do the droop under the front springs.
Old 02-05-2022, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

Thank you. Makes sense now. I do have the 5mm total shim plates up front and the 5 mm at rear of caster/camber plate. So when I add any amount of shims under the front springs its just for droop and of course it will affect ride height. So in the rear the ride height is initially affected by the eccentric axle inserts and can be adjusted with the center spring/anti squat preload on rear pod? I again am sorry. I have not found any video's going over this. Manual discussion and suggests only go so far.
Old 02-05-2022, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

the only reason I put spacers was because they height of the original 3 posts was different than the thicker posts

So most of you who installed the 3 thicker posts just swapped it out?

Old 02-05-2022, 10:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by Raman
the only reason I put spacers was because they height of the original 3 posts was different than the thicker posts

So most of you who installed the 3 thicker posts just swapped it out?
me a juste swapped out and I remove the .75mm shims under the camber strap

and for the ride height i buy the montech 0.5mm alu spacers for under lower arms . for droop I adjust it with shims under steering block
Old 02-05-2022, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

So how do you increase front droop. I am still having some handling issues BUT I diagnosed part of it. The rear axle flange bearings were worn and grabbing. The spacing left to right on the axle was not even. NOT EVEN CLOSE. AND, eccentric for axle position was causing negative rack. So centered eccentric for now. Went to Red coated springs on side pods and did 2mm shims on both sides. Car was much much better. I am still lost on gearing. I have a new R1. Car has 76 spur thats 48 pitch. Motor set on my friends analyzer so timing perfect. Its a dog. No mater what pinion I run. I went as low as a 19 which help off corner but 1/4 down the straight and any longer sweeping section, car topped out immediately. My reasoning for 48p on this was because direct drive and I was concerned with stripping spur if I get hit from behind. ALL your thoughts are welcome. My track is high bite CRC thats 2 months old. Big and flowey track. Definitely bumpy in spots. Thanks for everyones input.
dave
Old 02-05-2022, 09:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

So how do you increase front droop. I am still having some handling issues BUT I diagnosed part of it. The rear axle flange bearings were worn and grabbing. The spacing left to right on the axle was not even. NOT EVEN CLOSE. AND, eccentric for axle position was causing negative rack. So centered eccentric for now. Went to Red coated springs on side pods and did 2mm shims on both sides. Car was much much better. I am still lost on gearing. I have a new R1. Car has 76 spur thats 48 pitch. Motor set on my friends analyzer so timing perfect. Its a dog. No mater what pinion I run. I went as low as a 19 which help off corner but 1/4 down the straight and any longer sweeping section, car topped out immediately. My reasoning for 48p on this was because direct drive and I was concerned with stripping spur if I get hit from behind. ALL your thoughts are welcome. My track is high bite CRC thats 2 months old. Big and flowey track. Definitely bumpy in spots. Thanks for everyones input.
dave
i dont play alot with front droop… only if i change tire brand or play with ride height… I set it at 0.5mm…If i need to adjust i remove the spring and unscrew the lower arms

Old 02-06-2022, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

quincy I sent you a PM. I would love if you posted a couple of pictures. I will be reviewing my car today. I just don't know how raising the steering rack will affect droop. Thank you eveyone for the input

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.