Like Tree224Likes

Schumacher F1

Old 08-11-2021, 07:43 PM
  #166  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
dawgmeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,769
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by metalcrafter View Post

Laser cut alum nerf bars to protect the rear axle, bent & broken 2 previously.. upgraded standoffs ,oem unit's bend too easily .
Who made those stand offs for you
dawgmeat is offline  
Old 08-18-2021, 07:17 PM
  #167  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (37)
 
abailey21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: ATX
Posts: 5,378
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dawgmeat View Post
Who made those stand offs for you

They look like a universal spacer and nothing vehicle specific?? I’d be curious too!

Edit: threaded spacer
abailey21 is offline  
Old 09-05-2021, 05:54 PM
  #168  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 701
Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)
Default

Originally Posted by shadowracer24 View Post
Never could get my computer to scan in the setup sheet so hoping y'all can read this. Forgot to add I raised the ends of the side tubes by .50 mm shim.
Im new to F1, pan cars and even on road in general. Is there a chart to compare all the various manufacturers springs? I currently only have access to the full schumacher spring sets. Until I get a hold of the Roche Evo Gold and Xenon .475 springs, what is the closest comparison? Ive done a ton of searching for pan car spring charts but most are way outdated and some arent even available, just broken links
RedDevil13 is offline  
Old 09-05-2021, 06:56 PM
  #169  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
shadowracer24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lakeland fla.
Posts: 859
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I haven't seen a comparison chart either. They are basically med to med hard springs and the Roche springs are the same as the Schumacher gold's. I like the xenon front springs mostly because they are a little bigger and don't rub on the kingpin under compression. This car generates a lot of mechanical grip so the trick is to find the right sauce amount to use to achieve the grip level you want. Bear in mind this is with CRC tires on high grip black carpet.
dawgmeat likes this.
shadowracer24 is offline  
Old 10-21-2021, 02:03 AM
  #170  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 2
Default

New Icon driver here (heck new to F1 RC in general). Only been testing the car a few days, and only in a car park as we're in lockdown here in Auckland, NZ right now. Clipped a curb today (lightly), and bent the chassis post giving the car an annoying tweak Guess the first upgrade is to by the uprated chassis posts...

I've got a quick newbie question, I have found the rear very sensitive under initial acceleration and under breaking (low grip asphalt). This seems to come under control as I do a few laps. Is this because I don't have tire warmers or is it a ball diff adjustment thing? I'm running Rush medium front's and soft rears, kit set up and ride height, 6 degree caster. Thanks all.
Exileded is offline  
Old 10-21-2021, 08:29 AM
  #171  
Dan
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (74)
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 6,096
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RedDevil13 View Post
Im new to F1, pan cars and even on road in general. Is there a chart to compare all the various manufacturers springs? I currently only have access to the full schumacher spring sets. Until I get a hold of the Roche Evo Gold and Xenon .475 springs, what is the closest comparison? Ive done a ton of searching for pan car spring charts but most are way outdated and some arent even available, just broken links

In general, I tend to stick to Xray and CRC springs for my F1 cars so that it is easy for me to setup the car when I know the spring rates very well. Plus they are readily available and easy to get. Fronts I like the Xray 1.5, 2.0, and 2.5 should be in your pit box. I usually use 1.5 or 2.0 95% of the time. Side springs I like the CRC 0.40mm, 0.45mm, and 0.50mm. Again, usually using 0.40mm or 0.45mm 95% of the time. On the CRC side spring, you just have to use pliers to tighten up the diameter a bit to fit on the Schumacher spring holder but its very minor.

Again, this is all for CRC black carpet but would work with asphalt too. The Xray front springs are similar in height to the stock schumacher springs and same with the CRC side springs. I find the Schumacher stock and option springs are too stiff for black carpet.

Rick Vessell likes this.
Dan is offline  
Old 10-22-2021, 07:28 AM
  #172  
Tech Adept
 
metalcrafter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Elmhurst, IL
Posts: 136
Default

Originally Posted by dawgmeat View Post
Who made those stand offs for you
these & most hardware nut-screws washers etc are readily available . Fortunately they asre on my way home every day , or ups 1 day ground.

w-w-w.mcmaster.com/spacers/female-threaded-hex-standoffs-6/system-of-measurement~metric/thread-size~m3/material~aluminum/
dawgmeat likes this.
metalcrafter is offline  
Old 10-25-2021, 10:18 PM
  #173  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
dawgmeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,769
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by metalcrafter View Post
these & most hardware nut-screws washers etc are readily available . Fortunately they asre on my way home every day , or ups 1 day ground.

w-w-w.mcmaster.com/spacers/female-threaded-hex-standoffs-6/system-of-measurement~metric/thread-size~m3/material~aluminum/
Are those standoffs 4.4mm or 6mm diameter
dawgmeat is offline  
Old 10-26-2021, 07:59 AM
  #174  
Tech Adept
 
metalcrafter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Elmhurst, IL
Posts: 136
Default

Originally Posted by dawgmeat View Post
Are those standoffs 4.4mm or 6mm diameter
The stand-offs are 6-mm hex. Recently I also made a thicker aluminum cross beam to support the nerf bars on either side.
All F-1 cars are prone to breakage/damage of the rear axle & hubs ,any damage will create an imbalance & loss of rear traction etc.
After installing the bars i've had zero issues & no need to replace the expensive rear axle or hub. Added bonus, the tires last longer too !
I run the x-ray gear diff w/10-k oil , which I find is more consistent than any ball diff. Seems like the ball diff is constantly changing as the grease "slings" off
Currently working on a longitudinal battery setup. , similar to the Tamiya setup. I'll post pics & finding in a few weeks.
dawgmeat likes this.
metalcrafter is offline  
Old 10-26-2021, 08:17 AM
  #175  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
dawgmeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,769
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by metalcrafter View Post
The stand-offs are 6-mm hex. Recently I also made a thicker aluminum cross beam to support the nerf bars on either side.
All F-1 cars are prone to breakage/damage of the rear axle & hubs ,any damage will create an imbalance & loss of rear traction etc.
After installing the bars i've had zero issues & no need to replace the expensive rear axle or hub. Added bonus, the tires last longer too !
I run the x-ray gear diff w/10-k oil , which I find is more consistent than any ball diff. Seems like the ball diff is constantly changing as the grease "slings" off
Currently working on a longitudinal battery setup. , similar to the Tamiya setup. I'll post pics & finding in a few weeks.
Sorry to bother but can you post a pic showing the front of your car?
dawgmeat is offline  
Old 11-30-2021, 10:53 AM
  #176  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
shadowracer24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lakeland fla.
Posts: 859
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Took the TQ and win this past weekend at Race to the birds points series at Beach line raceway in cocoa Florida. This earned me an entry to the Snowbird nationals this year which I am really excited about. This car has been the fastest of the field the whole series and can't wait to see how it does at the nationals.
ASM, TrevCoult and Quinny45 like this.
shadowracer24 is offline  
Old 12-01-2021, 03:38 AM
  #177  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 612
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

Originally Posted by shadowracer24 View Post
Took the TQ and win this past weekend at Race to the birds points series at Beach line raceway in cocoa Florida. This earned me an entry to the Snowbird nationals this year which I am really excited about. This car has been the fastest of the field the whole series and can't wait to see how it does at the nationals.
Did you change something on the setup vs the setup you show ? Do you have a motor fan on your car ? I need to put one but I have no idea where i can put it !

thank you!
Quinny45 is offline  
Old 12-01-2021, 08:25 PM
  #178  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
shadowracer24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lakeland fla.
Posts: 859
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

The only change I made was I ran a trinity x factor motor and 96 spur. Everything else the same. I have the fan mounted to the back of the car just behind the axle but plan to move it above. Didn't quite cool the motor as much as I like there.

shadowracer24 is offline  
Old 12-01-2021, 09:15 PM
  #179  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 612
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

Originally Posted by shadowracer24 View Post
The only change I made was I ran a trinity x factor motor and 96 spur. Everything else the same. I have the fan mounted to the back of the car just behind the axle but plan to move it above. Didn't quite cool the motor as much as I like there.
good thank you !

for the fan I remove the wing mount support and bolt the wing direct on the alu chassi i have no space behind the axle i try on top with exotek fan mount bracket but not great result for now !

I will try to slide a 25x25x7 tekin esc fan between the motor and the center shock brace in front of the motor i have that setup in the past on my Serpent SF4 maybe good if it works !








Last edited by Quinny45; 12-02-2021 at 03:41 AM.
Quinny45 is offline  
Old 01-03-2022, 12:25 PM
  #180  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 14
Default

Hi all. Brand new to this forum and looking to get an F1 kit for me and my son. Think Iím going to go for the Icon. All of the information in this thread has been super helpful. One thing that Iíve seen mentioned multiple times is the weak front posts that need replaced. Is this part #U7864 as some of you have illustrated? If so, I have no idea where to find the beefed up aluminum replacements that have been mentioned. Am I looking at the wrong part? Is there anything else you would recommend upgrading from the kit? I noticed thereís a heavy duty top deck conversion. Has anyone tried or found a need for it? Thank you all so much for any help you can provide.
mnb128 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.