Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Kyosho TF3-R Help?   :( >

Kyosho TF3-R Help? :(

Kyosho TF3-R Help? :(

Old 01-13-2009, 03:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default Kyosho TF3-R Help? :(

I just bought a second hand Kyosho TF3-R chassis to try my hand at electric on road. Have setup the suspension how i want. But, somehow i can't see how i can fit a decent size pinion on. The spur is 86T and i can't fit anything bigger than a 19T pinion with the motor slid all the way across the motor mount. The motors i have are a komodo dragon 19T, trinity CO27 and a EZrun brushless. same problem with each. Does anyone have one of these? any idea on if i need to by different spur/pinion gears or am i just stupid and not seeing something obvious. Anyone have a downloaded manual too? can't find anything online.
Also, Does anyone have any bits they want to sell for this model, or know where i can buy parts from? I know this car is very old, i will only use it this year and upgrade to a xray or associated or something if i enjoy electrics.
Thanks in advance, I've put a pic up to show the clearance for the pinion on the motor with the motor slid all the way across (away from the pinion)
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho TF3-R Help?   :(-dscn0854.jpg  
Old 01-13-2009, 04:20 AM
Tech Champion

I am guessing that you need a smaller spur gear. Apologies if thats not the answer you need.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Yeah, I can put a smaller pinion on. But i'm thinking the car will barely move if i do. My tamiya has 25t pinion on a 55t spur. if i run a way smaller pinion and way bigger spur it will be super slow i think.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:48 AM
Tech Champion

I would ask at your local track what the preferred overal gear ratio is for the motors you use.

Then see how possible it is for you to get that ratio with a combination of spur gears and pinion gears, at the same time taking into consideration the problem you have.

As a last resort.... Is it possible to remove some metal from the motor mount holes, so you can gear it differently? Although, you really shouldnt have to do this.