Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Just bought a Yokomo YD2S. Wondering what upgrades to get? >

Just bought a Yokomo YD2S. Wondering what upgrades to get?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By BIGW0RM

Just bought a Yokomo YD2S. Wondering what upgrades to get?

Old 01-26-2020, 05:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Just bought a Yokomo YD2S. Wondering what upgrades to get?

I just got my hands on a normal Yokomo YD2S RWD drift car, and I'm really excited to take it out for a spin! I was just wondering what parts break most frequently, so I can buy spares/aluminum versions. I was also wondering what the best bang is for my buck in terms of upgrades from stock for higher speed/performance.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ChaoticNeutral View Post
I just got my hands on a normal Yokomo YD2S RWD drift car, and I'm really excited to take it out for a spin! I was just wondering what parts break most frequently, so I can buy spares/aluminum versions. I was also wondering what the best bang is for my buck in terms of upgrades from stock for higher speed/performance.
I just got an MST RMX and this is what I did. First thing I did was upgrade the servo to something .07 or lower in speed. It made a HUGE difference in controlling my drifts. I did the Reefs RC 299LP (299oz .07 speed).

Mine came with a 17.5 turn motor. Which worked fine but lacked in punch and speed needed for LONG sweeping drifts. In talking to the local drift track guys, they all swear 10.5 or 13.5T motors are the most popular. So I upgraded mine to a hobby wing XR10 PRO Stock spec ESC with a hobby wing G3R 13.5T motor. At first it felt too fast, but I dropped down a couple teeth and now the power band is where it should be and is much easier to control.

In regards to parts breaking. Ive not had a single thing break. THAT said, I mostly drift on my driveway which CHEWS up the tires. So I would buy a couple sets of amazon drift wheels and use THOSE cheap hard plastic tires for practice. Because Ive been through three sets since I got my MST RMX. So you will want to stock up on TIRES!
65BAJA and ChaoticNeutral like this.

Last edited by BIGW0RM; 01-27-2020 at 12:37 PM.