Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2020 1/10 On-Road Bodies >

2020 1/10 On-Road Bodies

Like Tree53Likes

2020 1/10 On-Road Bodies

Old 01-31-2020, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It was only a matter of time until someone did away with the c pillar in order to feed air to the rear wing. GBS is outdated, these aren't four door sedan bodies like the rules intended.

That said the previous designs had the c pillar before the rear wheel which is also unrealistic, where too low, cab back and high rear ends. Look at good race cars, they have lots of space under the rear wings and smooth transitions.

The list of bodies one should have on hand for this year is small, you probably could use one but mount it forward or rearward which is another funny thing.
Old 02-02-2020, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
I'm not seeing anyone being served there. Those pics don't look anything alike. And TC is one of the slower classes in my area Pro10, 12th scale, even 4WD mini and FWD TCR (hatch bodies) are faster than most of the TC cars (excluding TC mod which doesn't get many entries). TC started as a buggy conversion with scale bodies, it wasn't designed for speed.
you know it was 30 years ago right? We are in the opposite process now, as buggies are designed to race carpet pretty flat tracks lol

Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
Not even close. But thanks for playing. Tadpole body.

One of these days I'll mold my own body using that sperm tad pole body as a starting point. Convex curve the hood as much as the shock tower allows. Sink the windshield so it has side dams, and also give the windshield a convex curve.

As for speed and all that. Mod 12th scale is king of indoors by a pretty large margin. Try that.
You have the impression that touring cars are handling like 1/12th pan cars? That point put aside, you are tolerating that pan-cars bodies are not even close to something real (they were at some point), but you blocks on touring car bodies.

I totally understand that some people are looking for realism, and that's also probably why a part of the world started using blinky 21.5T on touring cars, but you should also be able to understand that other are just looking for performance.
Old 02-03-2020, 07:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
You, Sir, have been served lol
The only reason that body looks remotely real is the nice paintwork. Replace that with a 10min neon pink paint job and it becomes a lot more obvious that the shape isn't right.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Reporting back. I finally got to try a dbx body. This was the ultra light, and compared to the Turismo ultralight, it had more rotation and was slightly more "edgy". Mounted 4mm forward and I raised the wing 2mm. Someone at the track got a baybee and said it was too stable for them. That means it is next on my list to try after the lsot I just got. That will take me through the end of rc racing until fall. Golf season is almost here!
Old 02-20-2020, 06:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default bodies

Originally Posted by trilerian View Post
Reporting back. I finally got to try a dbx body. This was the ultra light, and compared to the Turismo ultralight, it had more rotation and was slightly more "edgy". Mounted 4mm forward and I raised the wing 2mm. Someone at the track got a baybee and said it was too stable for them. That means it is next on my list to try after the lsot I just got. That will take me through the end of rc racing until fall. Golf season is almost here!
I run on high grip black CRC.

I tried these four bodies this past weekend and what you mentioned is what i felt too.
BayBee: very stable, better for medium grip to low grip.
Turismo: stable rotated okay, had good steering. So comfortable to drive clean. Overall, liked!
YSOT: very aggressive body with ton of steering, had to dial steering out early in morning, but as track grip got better was back to normal steering.
rear was the least stable, but very good in main since track grip was high. Overall solid body for high grip with a lot of steering.
Twister: I understand why so many like this body, Good steering and stable. Ran fastest qualifying in session 3 when grip high and car had super rotation but still stable with that comfortable feeling to not drive over your head and be clean.

Depending on track grip level, all are good. My choice for my track is the Twister, but don't dislike any of the bodies. Depends on feel you like when racing!

Hope this helps!
Old 02-20-2020, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bighurt98 View Post
I run on high grip black CRC.

I tried these four bodies this past weekend and what you mentioned is what i felt too.
BayBee: very stable, better for medium grip to low grip.
Turismo: stable rotated okay, had good steering. So comfortable to drive clean. Overall, liked!
YSOT: very aggressive body with ton of steering, had to dial steering out early in morning, but as track grip got better was back to normal steering.
rear was the least stable, but very good in main since track grip was high. Overall solid body for high grip with a lot of steering.
Twister: I understand why so many like this body, Good steering and stable. Ran fastest qualifying in session 3 when grip high and car had super rotation but still stable with that comfortable feeling to not drive over your head and be clean.

Depending on track grip level, all are good. My choice for my track is the Twister, but don't dislike any of the bodies. Depends on feel you like when racing!

Hope this helps!
Out of curiosity, what chassis are you running? I know that the new mid motor Xrays need a more aggressive body compared to my AX MMX.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trilerian View Post
Out of curiosity, what chassis are you running? I know that the new mid motor Xrays need a more aggressive body compared to my AX MMX.
I ran can am this past weekend and will run 17.5 this weekend and do comparison.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've been very happy with the ProtoForm Turismo. Low CG, great steering, but still stable.
Pedmar007 likes this.
Old 11-21-2020, 07:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone know who stocks zooracing bodies here in the US? I want to try the new baybee in TC.
Old 11-21-2020, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sugs View Post
Anyone know who stocks zooracing bodies here in the US? I want to try the new baybee in TC.
Team EAM: https://teameamotorsports.com/
sugs likes this.
Old 11-22-2020, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Heh, while rummaging through my old stuff to see what I should consider selling, I came across a still new in the bag Protoform Honda Accord body that I had (ran those in both 190 and 200mm classes circa 2001)... For kicks, I might just prepare it and see how it compares to a modern body.
Old 11-22-2020, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Body

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn View Post
Heh, while rummaging through my old stuff to see what I should consider selling, I came across a still new in the bag Protoform Honda Accord body that I had (ran those in both 190 and 200mm classes circa 2001)... For kicks, I might just prepare it and see how it compares to a modern body.
Will probably be just as good as today's bodies.
Old 11-23-2020, 03:34 AM
Tech Regular

Default Twister speciale

Has anyone tried the new Twister Speciale? How does it compare to the original Twister?
Old 11-24-2020, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quantum View Post
Has anyone tried the new Twister Speciale? How does it compare to the original Twister?
I find it more stable. The trunk area is longer and the door have a flat ledge vs. the original body. I like it better... feels more predictable and more balanced. The original Twister was very good - lots of steering but almost a little loose in mid to corner exit vs. The Speciale.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
i ran it outdoors and indoor crc carpet and it’s really good !

Had issues with it at first with over rotating. This body like to be mounted 6mm forward and have it sit really low without tire rub. I'm really liking the way it handles on both stock and mod. However don't get the ultra lite weight darn thing cracks on the wheel wells before I can even put it on my car. Get the light weight version of the hyper.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.