Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix A12 Pancar >

Awesomatix A12 Pancar

Like Tree1568Likes

Awesomatix A12 Pancar

Old 01-22-2020, 04:31 AM
Tech Adept

I think it is not difficult, only hard to see, as major parts are covered by other elements.
In Pan cars the powerpod sat on a part with a T-shape. This was enclosed by a Y shape middle chassis (Y carries radio, battery front axle, body. Now it is the other way round. The part in the middle is the former "T" and the Y now forms the flexing connection to the motor pod.

Fran, Flygio and Sir 51D3WAYS like this.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Donny Lia
What Sam said. The durability of this car is incredible. It literally is a tank. I put it through a board at the Worlds with a full speed end of straightaway crash, literally broke the board into two pieces, and drove the car away. The hit bent the two screws that hold the front bumper on, which pushed the front bumper back into the pivot, which caused a bind and I did pull off, but I could not believe I was able to drive the car away from that. I had soft titanium screws there, had I had hardened steel there it would of finished the race which is incredible!
I ducked and covered my head as I heard the sound of the shell impacting (A12 shorting the sweeper) - I knew this was a big one. As I raised my head and swept my eyes across the battlefield to assess the damage, the first thing I noticed was shrapnel everywhere - white plastic shards that could impale a horse (if a horse had been invited to marshal 1/12 worlds.) I started checking my limbs and - miraculously - realised I was untouched. But then I saw it - the projectile was still live and wedged into no man's land just outside the trench in which I was holed up (marshal position #5 at the end of the straight.) I realised there was nothing for it - I would need to take action to save the lives of my compatriots (the other racers in the B sort, trying to dodge shrapnel on the straight.) I waited for a gap in the bombardment and sprinted to the projectile, which I hastily tried to grab and move out of harm's way. Immediately, I realised the projectile had impacted with the force and fury of Neptune's trident and was now stuck in the ground, taunting me. Gritting my teeth and remembering that I had been told that the Russian aluminum used in the projectiles is supposedly quite strong, I redoubled my efforts and managed to wrench the projectile free. Snatching up the projectile, an errant wheel bearing (?!?), as well as the largest offending shrapnel fragments to try and clear the area, I waited for another gap in the bombardment and sprinted back to my trench - breathing heavily and heart pumping from adrenaline. Assuming the projectile was now dead and disarmed, for a variety of reasons, some outlined above, I set it down next to me as I tried to relax and control my breathing. Letting my eyes wander, I looked up at the rostrum where I saw him. Donny. He was staring at me with the intensity of a thousand burning suns - focused through his glasses directly into my soul. Slowly, gaze unblinking, he raised his right hand and, with a single index finger outstretched downwards toward the ground, indicated that which scared me the most - he wanted to reuse the projectile. Taking a deep gulp of air, I grabbed the projectile and prepared to plunge into the abyss...

Last edited by LloydLoar; 01-22-2020 at 09:09 AM.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LloydLoar
I ducked and covered my head as I heard the sound of the shell impacting (A12 shorting the sweeper) - I knew this was a big one. As I raised my head and swept my eyes across the battlefield to assess the damage, the first thing I noticed was shrapnel everywhere - white plastic shards that could impale a horse (if a horse had been invited to marshal 1/12 worlds.) I started checking my limbs and - miraculously - realised I was untouched. But then I saw it - the projectile was still live and wedged into no man's land just outside the trench in which I was holed up (marshal position #5 at the end of the straight.) I realised there was nothing for it - I would need to take action to save the lives of my compatriots (the other racers in the B sort, trying to dodge shrapnel on the straight.) I waited for a gap in the bombardment and sprinted to the projectile, which I hastily tried to grab and move out of harm's way. Immediately, I realised the projectile had impacted with the force and fury of Neptune's trident and was now stuck in the ground, taunting me. Gritting my teeth and remembering that I had been told that the Russian aluminum used in the projectiles is supposedly quite strong, I redoubled my efforts and managed to wrench the projectile free. Snatching up the projectile, an errant wheel bearing (?!?), as well as the largest offending shrapnel fragments to try and clear the area, I waited for another gap in the bombardment and sprinted back to my trench - breathing heavily and heart pumping from adrenaline. Assuming the projectile was now dead and disarmed, for a variety of reasons, some outlined above, I set it down next to me as I tried to relax and control my breathing. Letting my eyes wander, I looked up at the rostrum where I saw him. Donny. He was staring at me with the intensity of a thousand burning suns - focused through his glasses directly into my soul. Slowly, gaze unblinking, he raised his right hand and, with a single index finger outstretched downwards toward the ground, indicated that which feared me the most - he wanted to reuse the projectile. Taking a deep gulp of air, I grabbed the projectile and prepared to plunge into the abyss...

This is one of the best things I've read on RC tech in a long time.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

HAHAH Hilarious, I'm so glad I never made it to the heady heights of marshal point 5, 9 and 10 were much safer afairs
Old 01-22-2020, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

He's right though. Ifmar Worlds should have horses.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

One would think marshall spot one would come with privileges. It did not. I was the "one" stuck with running from the pit lane into the middle of the track.

The other bombardments Chris referenced was what I believe was also Freddy's car wedging itself underneath the outer barrier when he tried to miss Donny's mushroom cloud. Which also drove away somehow.
Old 01-22-2020, 11:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
He's right though. Ifmar Worlds should have horses.
...for the marshals, of course! And they should have peacemakers!
Zerodefect likes this.
Old 01-22-2020, 11:57 AM
Tech Champion

I'd ride off into the sunset with a trophy girl.

Do they have sunsets in the UK, or just rain? Could just teach the horses to flip cars.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm still proud I made the have-a-go area after a main straight backflip in practise .. and then set my three fastest laps after (eventually) getting back on track...
Old 01-23-2020, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

Do they have sunsets in the UK, or just rain? Could just teach the horses to flip cars.
We occasionally have very nice sunsets. Just they are better not being watched in Milton Keynes
Nerobro likes this.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

Rain, sleet. snow, occasional hail and a lot of damp and moisture only. There are only 3 days of sunshine in a year lol.

A horse's hooves would simply crush the car, Russian aluminium or not.
In the lounge thread, many moons ago, I suggested armoured turn marshal dogs. Dogs can be easily trained to flip/retrieve cars. Armoured incase something pointy impacts it at 70mph. Armour can be ditched for slower, less pointy classes.
Old 01-28-2020, 10:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

I hated to see this thread slow down.

Are there any photos available that show the dampening mechanism that's located behind the battery tray?
Old 01-28-2020, 12:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well, until the next big event we most likely will not hear much more - I guess release will take at least few months - but we will see. Interest is there, so...
Old 01-28-2020, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Roar carpet nats are in the beginning of March. Will the car make an appearance?
Charles Yates likes this.
Old 01-28-2020, 12:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

There could always be more spy shots from snowbirds

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.