Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix A12 Pancar >

Awesomatix A12 Pancar

Like Tree1571Likes

Awesomatix A12 Pancar

Old 01-21-2020, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
The front hub axle is 4,75mm. This is noticeably stronger compare to 3,17mm steel axle even at very strong type of steel using.
How are those wheel bearings holding up? When I ran 3/16 bearings on my Pro10 they were destroyed by the slightest tap of a barrier. I went back to 1/8 steel axles just to avoid those bearings.
Old 01-21-2020, 10:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by daleburr
How are those wheel bearings holding up? When I ran 3/16 bearings on my Pro10 they were destroyed by the slightest tap of a barrier. I went back to 1/8 steel axles just to avoid those bearings.
1/12 car is noticeably lighter and slower than Pro10 and even our cheap 3/16 bearings didn't destroyed at crashes according to our experience with 1/12 car. Yes, these cheap bearings are not so durable there for sure. About same durable as 1/4 bearings on the rear axle. So the cheap bearings should be checked regularly and replaced if needed.
Old 01-21-2020, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Oleg,

any possibilities of a Awesomatix Pro10? maybe later on down the road...

racer034life likes this.
Old 01-21-2020, 10:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jetnjme
Oleg,

any possibilities of a Awesomatix Pro10? maybe later on down the road...
Yes, later. Let's finish 1/12 car first.
Old 01-21-2020, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

haaaa, perfect. of course.

Old 01-21-2020, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

A WGTR car is about the same thing.

I just have to have a WGTR to match my 12. One can serve as a parts car for the other at times.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
I agree totally with Sam, this part looks great and is probably the part that I am most interested in. Can't wait to see everything in there and how it goes together.

Sam, since you've driven the car, can you give a driving description of the car? Did it drive like any other car you have driven, like maybe a t bar car etc.?

Steve
The car is very stable. We struggled with steering at the WC, but definitely started to figure it out by the end, which was the testing we needed to do to develop the car and see what still needs to be done to it. On black carpet, the car has great steering and incredible corner speed, I'm sure much of which can be attributed to the low CG--this makes more of a different on CRC Black carpet in my opinion

The whole car is very, very durable. There is little/nothing to bend or break. As everyone knows, mod 12th crashes happen fast and are usually brutal (at lest partly due to the spool/lack of time to react to the front wheels going up). We have had very few issues with any parts.

Sam

Old 01-21-2020, 12:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daleburr
In our tests, these bearings are suitable for the A12 car in crashes. It could be true that the bearing size could be a problem in a heavier Pro10 car, but so far not a single issue for me here on tracks with solid boards for 12th scale.
Old 01-21-2020, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Dudes... Sweet...
Old 01-21-2020, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

What Sam said. The durability of this car is incredible. It literally is a tank. I put it through a board at the Worlds with a full speed end of straightaway crash, literally broke the board into two pieces, and drove the car away. The hit bent the two screws that hold the front bumper on, which pushed the front bumper back into the pivot, which caused a bind and I did pull off, but I could not believe I was able to drive the car away from that. I had soft titanium screws there, had I had hardened steel there it would of finished the race which is incredible!
Old 01-21-2020, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Great showing at the Worlds fellas!
Old 01-21-2020, 03:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Do we have any more photos of the rear suspension that can be shared?
LonnyJ1950 and glennhl like this.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:50 PM
Tech Addict

This can be extrapolated into F1 as well which would be appreciated. Great looking chassis to expand product lines with.
photeckk and AsphaltFlyer like this.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by VegasHB
This can be extrapolated into F1 as well which would be appreciated. Great looking chassis to expand product lines with.
I am curious now about the rear suspension/damping system.
Spring is clear, it is chassis flex like T-bar was. At the same time is not t-bar, as T-bar flex area was located rear, now is in the middle.
T-bar also had option for free rotation in roll. It is somehow link style as the flex chassis is outside.

If dampers would be blocked, the chassis would still be having suspension, but much harder (different bending/vibrational mode). Thus the dampers are in indirect control of the movement, which is limiting some capabilities.
I donīt know, if that is significant in LMP racing. for this reason, I would like to combine Schumacher rear and Awesomatix front
Dampers are rotation style, but how is left/right interacting? It can be seen as tubes but not working in linear motion but rotation. Right?

Both dampers rotating up - damping of vertical suspension. Both in different direction work against roll.
This means each damper is coupled to both roll and vertical at the same time.
If you adjust roll, you change suspension damping at the same time. In a normal link car both is independent, in 1/10 touring (except serpent) it is like here, but with different ratio between roll and vertical.
How can I adjust individually? Maybe not important, in my Schumacher I run same damping for roll and vertical (30k in vert, 2x15k in roll)

What about roll stiffness? What is the equivalent to conventional side springs in link cars?

Best regards, Erhard

Last edited by Erhard; 01-22-2020 at 12:38 AM.
Old 01-22-2020, 03:18 AM
Tech Master

I don't think the part you're referring to as the "T-bar" on the A12 flexes. That wouldn't give you any roll spring adjustment, and I'm sure Oleg is better than that

I had the car in my hands at the worlds and still couldn't figure out how most of it worked. It's incredibly detailed and totally different to anything else out there! Most of the cool details and workings are hidden away around the battery area.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.