Awesomatix A12 Pancar

Like Tree1571Likes

Awesomatix A12 Pancar

Old 04-08-2024, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by choisan
it's a crc black carpet. will try your advice. thanks
Many of the guys around Michigan/Ohio are changing to Kyosho grease and no o-rings. I am currently running 15k Kyosho diff lube in the damper tube. Way lighter than where you are now. Also, are you still running the side stiffeners (with all the adjustment holes in it)? Most are taking those off now and tuning in other ways to get steering back.
Old 04-08-2024, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MC Hamilton
Many of the guys around Michigan/Ohio are changing to Kyosho grease and no o-rings. I am currently running 15k Kyosho diff lube in the damper tube. Way lighter than where you are now. Also, are you still running the side stiffeners (with all the adjustment holes in it)? Most are taking those off now and tuning in other ways to get steering back.
I am using the kyosho yellow 15k bottled diff grease as suggested, no orings in the kingpin and rear damper.
I will try kyosho 15k diff grease in the damper. But would it be too much of the viscosity difference from the kit 100k down to 15k diff grease?
Old 04-08-2024, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by choisan
I am using the kyosho yellow 15k bottled diff grease as suggested, no orings in the kingpin and rear damper.
I will try kyosho 15k diff grease in the damper. But would it be too much of the viscosity difference from the kit 100k down to 15k diff grease?
No idea. I never ran the 100k. It seemed way too stiff and most of the team guys, early on in this forum, were using 15k silicone with the o-rings. The condition you described would say that 100k is way to thick. All you can do is try it?
choisan likes this.
Old 05-16-2024, 06:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)

Are there any identifying marks on ST1208-C5AL to indicate 5 degrees?
Old 05-16-2024, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by perez62682
Are there any identifying marks on ST1208-C5AL to indicate 5 degrees?
No markings on the 5 degree option part. The other ones are etched with a number
perez62682 likes this.
Old 05-20-2024, 08:26 AM
Tech Rookie

After a first weekend on 13.5 from 17.5....noticing RR tire wear is actually coning. Concerning must be close to traction rolling OR is this normal with more pace?

Thoughts on corrections to the setup?
  • JACO Blue F/ Green R....car acts tight, how about a blue rear?
  • Weight balance is 54% rear....no weights IN battery tray/ 10g on front carbon/ all other weight on rear portion of main chassis.
Otherwise a good first outing, missed front tire glue getting taller than the front foam....tight/slow rotation.
Old 05-20-2024, 08:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arnie Fie
After a first weekend on 13.5 from 17.5....noticing RR tire wear is actually coning. Concerning must be close to traction rolling OR is this normal with more pace?

Thoughts on corrections to the setup?
  • JACO Blue F/ Green R....car acts tight, how about a blue rear?
  • Weight balance is 54% rear....no weights IN battery tray/ 10g on front carbon/ all other weight on rear portion of main chassis.
Otherwise a good first outing, missed front tire glue getting taller than the front foam....tight/slow rotation.

​​​​​​Rear tire coning happens with spools. No way around it.

Blue rear would increase rear grip (push more)

Would need to see a setup to help more. ultimately 13.5 needs more front dampening (than 17.5) to counter act the deceleration moments and promote more front grip.
Nego likes this.
Old 05-20-2024, 12:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Hanulec: See attached file of setup (with thanks for your input)

Blue is firmer than Green?
...would make assumption this would free-up/slow the wear???
The rears did wear more than the fronts....maybe 4 greens and a prayer? (humor)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Old 05-21-2024, 05:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Arnie Fie
Hanulec: See attached file of setup (with thanks for your input)

Blue is firmer than Green?
...would make assumption this would free-up/slow the wear???
The rears did wear more than the fronts....maybe 4 greens and a prayer? (humor)
C1205 will create a long wheelbase. if grip is low, or a track is bumpy, this part is effective. otherwise everyone running trailing axle hubs generally runs the c1205-1.5 (it steers more)

you don't have the bumpsteer pickup location marked. is it inside or outside? the outside location will yield more steering

i'd recommend increasing the bumpsteer shims on the trailing axle to increase the "cut" at the center of the corner.

also, w/ jaco rims you should be running a stagger between the front and rear tires as the rims are different diameters (unlike some other brands). if both are at 39.7 -- this is why you are running out of rear tire first.
Old 05-21-2024, 07:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Many mistakes noted to you on my end...
  • Front plate is C1205-1.5
  • Bump_steer is on the outside location - 2mm shims

Understood on the bump steer adj....but kindly....note the arms run downhill from Sagami servo saver to steering arm...
  • adding shims on the steering arm would level the arm more; result = less spindle input on roll & bump.
    Do you agree less shims (closer to none) would be more steering arm input on roll & bump (resulting in "cut")?
    To be fair...I had 1mm, went to 2mm, but only because of asking your brain these questions do I notice today the steering arm does not go uphill from servo to steering arm.
Lastly, the tire sized noted were measured after the runs of the day / worn down from .4 stagger (rear was more)

To be honest and for perspective.....the car is good and this was the first weekend with 13.5 vs 17.5 (for me and car)
  • Never with 17.5 & spec foam (team purples) did I have the coning in the rear (reason I asked)
  • I believe I really underestimated the tires - amount of wear - and the height of the glue lip after wear.... on worn tires AFTER getting the first 4-5 runs under me and then working for pace.
Other questions:
  • M22 you feel a capable body for 13.5...or...has limits and better to make friends with M20?
  • I have not yet put weight in the battery tray VS the main chassis....
    • is there a difference noted by you or others?
    • key assumption is maintaining the same weight balance...different weight placement.

At this point, owe you a coke or beverage of choice...
Old 05-21-2024, 07:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

For 13.5 -- you want the M20 body. Mine is shoved forward a lot!

Think about chassis weight in two ways--

Weight under battery/centered -- car is more agile

Weight on the frame -- car rolls more
Nego likes this.
Old 05-21-2024, 07:54 AM
Tech Rookie

I thought my 2nd M20 was fwd more...only 3mm than stock holes....so not adventurous enough.

The weight placement - got it, THANKS! Will adjust somethings and await Sunday now...surely more pace to come.
Old 06-05-2024, 10:28 AM
Tech Regular

I asked Microsoft CoPilot to help me with Awesomatix A12 set ups. Can anyone help me to figure out how to get 5 to 6mm ride height and 2 degrees of rear toe in. Kinda struggling a bit.

You
What set-up should I use for the Awesomatix A12?

CopilotCertainly! When setting up your Awesomatix A12 for racing, it’s essential to consider the track conditions, surface type, and your driving style. Here are some starting points and tips:
  1. Asphalt Setup:
    • Traction: For high-traction asphalt, use stiffer springs (around 2.5-3.0 lb/in) and a higher roll center.
    • Droop: Set droop to around 3mm front and 4mm rear.
    • Toe: 1° toe-out in the front, 2° toe-in in the rear.
    • Shock Oil: Start with 400cst front and 350cst rear.
    • Anti-roll Bars: Use medium or stiff bars.
    • Ackermann: Adjust to suit your driving style (more aggressive or less).
    • Ride Height: Around 5mm front and 6mm rear.
    • Camber: Start with -1.5° to -2.0° front and -2.0° to -2.5° rear.
  2. Carpet Setup:
    • Traction: Varies greatly, but generally use softer springs (around 2.0-2.5 lb/in) and lower roll centers.
    • Droop: Set droop to around 4mm front and 5mm rear.
    • Shock Oil: Start with 350cst front and 300cst rear.
    • Anti-roll Bars: Use soft or medium bars.
    • Ackermann: Similar to asphalt—adjust to your preference.
    • Ride Height: Around 4mm front and 5mm rear.
Remember, these are starting points. Fine-tune based on your driving feedback and track conditions. Always keep a setup journal to track changes and their effects. Good luck on the track! 🏁🚗💨

For more detailed setups, you can check out the Awesomatix A12 Setup Sheets available on Petit RC1. Additionally, So Dialed provides setups shared by racers worldwide2. Happy racing! 🏎️
dontfeelcold and hanulec like this.
Old 06-05-2024, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MC Hamilton
I asked Microsoft CoPilot to help me with Awesomatix A12 set ups. Can anyone help me to figure out how to get 5 to 6mm ride height and 2 degrees of rear toe in. Kinda struggling a bit.

You
What set-up should I use for the Awesomatix A12?

CopilotCertainly! When setting up your Awesomatix A12 for racing, it’s essential to consider the track conditions, surface type, and your driving style. Here are some starting points and tips:
  1. Asphalt Setup:
    • Traction: For high-traction asphalt, use stiffer springs (around 2.5-3.0 lb/in) and a higher roll center.
    • Droop: Set droop to around 3mm front and 4mm rear.
    • Shock Oil: Start with 400cst front and 350cst rear.
    • Anti-roll Bars: Use medium or stiff bars.
    • Ackermann: Adjust to suit your driving style (more aggressive or less).
    • Ride Height: Around 5mm front and 6mm rear.
  2. Carpet Setup:
    • Traction: Varies greatly, but generally use softer springs (around 2.0-2.5 lb/in) and lower roll centers.
    • Droop: Set droop to around 4mm front and 5mm rear.
    • Shock Oil: Start with 350cst front and 300cst rear.
    • Anti-roll Bars: Use soft or medium bars.
    • Ackermann: Similar to asphalt—adjust to your preference.
    • Ride Height: Around 4mm front and 5mm rear.
Remember, these are starting points. Fine-tune based on your driving feedback and track conditions. Always keep a setup journal to track changes and their effects. Good luck on the track! 🏁🚗💨

For more detailed setups, you can check out the Awesomatix A12 Setup Sheets available on Petit RC1. Additionally, So Dialed provides setups shared by racers worldwide2. Happy racing! 🏎️
What's your tyre diameter? I regularly run 5-6 ride height on outdoor asphalt.
Old 06-05-2024, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's why you never ask an AI about pancars. Toe adjustment at the rear doesn't exist. Ignore everything it told you.
MC Hamilton likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.