Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
X-ray t4 16 chassis >

X-ray t4 16 chassis

X-ray t4 16 chassis

Old 01-09-2020, 09:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Default X-ray t4 16 chassis

New to X-ray and just trying to find out if any othe chassis will fit the 2016, donít fancy buying a new chassis if it can be helped
Old 01-09-2020, 10:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Just to be clear, you have a T4 ‘16 and need a new chassis for it? Are you looking at only X-ray chassis or aftermarket?

With the ‘16 car you can easily adapt any ‘16-‘19 chassis. All of the suspension and bulkheads will line up. Only difference is the servo-motor mount area. The servo mounts were different year to year, but all used the same holes in the chassis. The motor mounts and lay shaft mounts were all very different, but the ‘16 motor mount would fit on any newer chassis. You’ll just have a lot of unused holes. Any aftermarket or used chassis made for a ‘16-‘19 should work as well.
Old 01-09-2020, 11:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Yeah I have the 16 but itís the Ali chassis and wonít work great on the carpet/ wood floor we race on, so if I get any year up to 19 and just get the servo mounts to go with it I should be ok👌
Old 01-09-2020, 01:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Motor mount is the more important one.

The ‘17-19 aluminum servo mount was the same, difference to the ‘16 was that it had an extension for the inline chassis flex stiffeners. Probably not needed if you say you’re running on low grip with carbon chassis anyway. The carbon bit on top of the servo mount added floating steering option for ‘17-18. In ‘19 they eliminated the floating steering and the top carbon piece is really similar to the ‘16 car. The motor mount and lay shaft stays underwent the most changes, and is different year to year. ‘17 it added a longer center mount and the ability for the center flex stiffeners. ‘18 made that piece extend further rearward. ‘19 the lay shaft mounts changed a lot as well as changing the center flex mount. Your ‘16 motor mount would fit up to any of the chassis, just depending on the year, you would have a lot of unused screw holes. If you’re trying to save money, there’s no need to get another motor mount or servo holder.

Aluminum flex chassis is usually far better on carpet, especially higher grip. I’ve had success with it on low grip old gray carpet as well. Asphalt is usually only carbon chassis.
Old 01-09-2020, 02:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mschumi101 View Post
Aluminum flex chassis is usually far better on carpet, especially higher grip. Iíve had success with it on low grip old gray carpet as well. Asphalt is usually only carbon chassis.
I will second this! I run a 2017 XRAY T4 and run the aluminum chassis on carpet for VTA. You want to keep to Aluminum Chassis if you're running on carpet, you'll have much better grip than with the carbon chassis.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If it's a solid aluminum XRAY (branded) '16 chassis and you don't want it PM me.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Only $30 for a brand new one, after market.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Chas...cAAOSwflBct97a
Old 01-11-2020, 06:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys, couldnít find one in the UK, Iíll grab this one