Tamiya Fluorine Coating Lubricant #42280 >

Tamiya Fluorine Coating Lubricant #42280

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Sir 51D3WAYS

Tamiya Fluorine Coating Lubricant #42280

Old 12-30-2019, 04:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Tamiya Fluorine Coating Lubricant #42280

I'd like to know the proper usage of Tamiya Fluorine Coating Lubricant vs Tamiya AW Grease vs Molybdenum Grease on RC cars. Hope guys can share some knowledge.
Old 12-30-2019, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

The fluorine coating thingy is for suspension components like ball joints, bushings and hingepins and *I think* shock shafts as well. I've never tried it, so I can't comment on its effectiveness.

Tamiya AW grease is the silvery grey grease with an oddly metallic look to it that comes in a tiny blue & white tubs, by the gram, as though it's a drug lol. It looks like it has metal particles in it and is the stickiest grease known to man. It is best used in thrust bearings in ball diffs and grants it immortality. It can also be used in CVD joints and dogbone axles, but preferably only if you use the vehicle in a clean environment as it is a dirt and grit magnet. You can also use it in suspension ball joints and conventional bearings but I recommend other wise as it is too sticky and increases (hydrodynamic) friction. It can also be used to seal small gaps in the chassis to prevent dirt from entering or used to temporarily retain things in place as it is so sticky. Use sparingly, unless it is a thrust bearing. Also can be used for gears.

Molybdenum grease is a considerably less sticky form of the Tamiya AW grease and is roughly analogous to Associated's Black Grease, but slightly stickier and imo better. This is a general purpose grease that you can use for almost anything, except shock shafts and the main balls in a ball diff. Also can be used for gears and diff outdrives.