Rubber slicks for carpet.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SteveM

Rubber slicks for carpet.

Old 12-09-2019, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Rubber slicks for carpet.

Iím used to sorex tires from 5-6 years ago, but no one seems to have any. Maybe they donít make them any longer, I dunno. But, we race on office carpet tile track, itís considered medium traction in the off-road world.

what is a good brand these days? I have one set of 24 deg/shore (whatever itís called now) tires that work with ALOT of prep on them. So I need to get some fresh tires and wheels. Looking at 20, 24, 28 compound tires. And as said before, the compound I am used to is the older sorex tires.

if someone has a box of those sorex for carpet, let me know. LoL or any other brand that will work.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Amain carries Sorex brand tires. They still work well. 24 shore though is extremely soft. Most high grip carpet tracks run 32 shore, 28 for medium grip. 24 is only for extreme low grip. Jaco also makes popular indoor Rubber tires, Blue is their medium compound, similar to a 32 shore. Green is softer more like a 28shore. Gravity RC is another brand that makes good indoor tires. They make the USGT spec tire, but also have a variety of slick rubber tires for indoor use.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Everywhere seems to be out of stock of our staple Sorex 28 tyre that a lot of clubs use here in the UK. Apparently they will not be available for a few months at least. In the mean time a lot of people have swapped to the Contact A30 tyre which seems to be pretty close to the Sorex 28, maybe a tenth or so slower due as its a little harder, but close enough to be competitive at club levels. I do find it behaves a little differently though, I have had grip roll a few times which I never had with the Sorex 28, I'm not sure if others are experiencing the same - it might just be due to my novice set up skills!
Old 12-10-2019, 01:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Hudy C3 is ok. I swaped form sorex 24 (due lack of aviablity ). Similiar traction but wheels are lighter. Its about 25g weight decresed on model.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Volante 28?
Old 12-10-2019, 04:00 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks guys, I will look into these listed.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mschumi101 View Post
Amain carries Sorex brand tires. They still work well. 24 shore though is extremely soft. Most high grip carpet tracks run 32 shore, 28 for medium grip. 24 is only for extreme low grip. Jaco also makes popular indoor Rubber tires, Blue is their medium compound, similar to a 32 shore. Green is softer more like a 28shore. Gravity RC is another brand that makes good indoor tires. They make the USGT spec tire, but also have a variety of slick rubber tires for indoor use.
a-main is out of about every 24-28 tire. LoL thatís who I use a lot, and was hoping to get them there as I have points that need to be used.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 160 (100%+)

Sorex 28R are still the tire of choice and the version from Schumacher with the black inserts are what I use on grey carpet.
carkillaii likes this.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
Sorex 28R are still the tire of choice and the version from Schumacher with the black inserts are what I use on grey carpet.
Make sure you buy up all you can as Schumacher have said they will not be getting any more for a few months and everywhere in the UK is out of stock
Old 12-10-2019, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Pretty well sold out here in the states. Few and far between. I ordered a couple sets of the 24r sorex, we race in office carpet tile, so not as high traction as the grey and black rc carpet. Hope they do well. And itís cold, so I think the softer tire may work.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mocrawlin View Post
a-main is out of about every 24-28 tire. LoL thatís who I use a lot, and was hoping to get them there as I have points that need to be used.
I misinterpreted your post when you said ďold.Ē Thought you were claiming they didnít exist anymore Not that they were just out of stock. My mistake. What are others switching to locally?
Old 12-10-2019, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mschumi101 View Post
I misinterpreted your post when you said ďold.Ē Thought you were claiming they didnít exist anymore Not that they were just out of stock. My mistake. What are others switching to locally?
not sure, this Friday is the first official/unofficial onroad race at the local track in a few years. So, we will all be on old tires this week, unless some one ordered some. LoL I procrastinated and mine probably wonít be here till Monday. Iím going to hit the couple hobby shops we have and see if they have anything in stock.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Tires

I have all the sorex 20,24,28,32 mounted on gravity wheels with xenon black inserts . For sale. These are the original sorex also not the reformulated ones