Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Looking for another on-road basher/fun car >

Looking for another on-road basher/fun car

Like Tree4Likes

Looking for another on-road basher/fun car

Old 03-21-2020, 10:48 PM
Tech Rookie

You can get a "BLX 185" motor and matching ESC from a kit breaker on eBay for under $140. Add a receiver and some batteries and you're good to go. I had a chance to get a Limitless for half-price when a local hobby shop closed, and that's what I'm starting with.

The Limitless is well-built, and can be built from "mild" like mine, to "wild" with huge motors and 8S batteries. You can easily get them to go over 100MPH "on a budget", and the fastest ones are running 140~150MPH.

If yo want to make it an on-road car and not just a "Bonneville" car, you can get the center differential from an Arrma Infraction. The Limitless comes with a center spool, and it limits your gearing because of the spur gear size. With a center diff and lower gearing, they're good for much more than just Speed Running.

My biggest problem is finding enough space to be able to get it up to speed, and then slow it back down.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:40 PM
Tech Initiate

I am working on an onroad basher currently. 1/5 scale though but it is electric.

angrymelon likes this.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Wow!!! Metalmike that thing is awesome! Working disc brakes? What a monster.

Old 03-29-2020, 01:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Backyard RC
Wow!!! Metalmike that thing is awesome! Working disc brakes? What a monster.
thanks brother!

This one is a lot of work. FG doesn't do an electric version or conversion for the F1. No one does and I see why. This started life as a new F1 Competition. As soon as it arrive I yanked all the fuel related and motor (never saw a drop of fuel). Broke it completely down and started machining. Mech. brakes are legit. Still need to fabricate supports and a brake servo mount, and a ton of other components.

That's all for now. Didn't want to derail or hijack the man's thread.

Cheers and good luck OP.