Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Visiting Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 04:34 PM
Tech Regular

Default Visiting Las Vegas

Well, is that time of year again where I am travelling to LV for the CES 2003.... Last year I waited too late to find out details of hobby stores in LV and I was paying thru the nose for internet cafe at the strip.... so this year I am planning ahead...

I will be there from Jan 3 till Jan16, during which I am hosting at Alexis park CES 9-12 Jan 2003... so I have plenty of time roaming around shops....

Last year I did managed to go to Hobby Town and Hobby People... where I got a few bits cheaper there.... I thought they were great but a bit main stream at times... but I was looking for bargains and I certainly found them...

Now since I got more time this time I would like you guys to suggest a few more shops around LV and also where do you race in and around LV cos I'd love to watch how you guys run there....

p.s. someone told me a shop called denseys? or something like that thay offers good selection, anyone know their website....

by the way, if you are going to CES and into main stream 2 channel HiFi (not home cinema), why not visit us at Alexis park? we will be at room AP1603 and I am sure I can get a few drinks on expenses!

http://www.cesweb.org/exhibitor_dir/...?exhibid=3957&
Old 12-09-2002, 05:09 PM
R/C Tech Founder

If I make it over to the Alexis Park I will say hi, I dunno if I am going to hit the Hi Fi section of the show again, every time I go it just depresses the heck outta me. Here I am thinking that my Pioneer/Infinity home theater is impressive...

As for hobby shops in Vegas, those two you mentioned are the only ones I have been to. I'm sure somebody here will know of others.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Futureal.... yeah man if you got time pop along... our stuff wont get you depressed! We dont make anything that uses exotic banana wood fiber power capacitors that has low internal electron drift velocity.... nor silver wires screen with Lama wool from the Andes.... we make mid level hi fi for ppl who arent that loaded or so full of it!!!!
Old 12-09-2002, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sonneteer,
The shop you are refering to is Dansey's and the others you mentioned are the only game in town. Just check the yellow pages. I was just in LV and went to Dansey's and was dissapointed with the selection of stuff but I was looking for XXXS gear and I think most of the racing done in and arround Vegas is geared towards offroad or on road gas and living in Canada I am racing indoor carpet for the winter as it is -10 outside!! Dansey's didn't have an electric mod motor in stock!! Anyhow, good luck with your search for goodies and don't lose what you wont miss!!
Old 12-11-2002, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

thanks for the info guys...