Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 touring suggestions >

1/10 touring suggestions

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By SteveM
  • 3 Post By KE4PJO
  • 1 Post By tak4

1/10 touring suggestions

Old 11-28-2019, 04:48 AM
  #1  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
tak4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Brunei
Posts: 387
Default 1/10 touring suggestions

Hello beautiful people of the internet. Ive just gotten back into the hobby and am in the market for a 1/10 touring car.

I've been looking around and gosh the cars are so pricey nowadays. I also see a lot of brands that i do not recognise.

Im wondering if there are bargains to be had in the market at this point of time. Similar to the sakuras when they came out. Loaded on features and low on price.

Or would it be wiser to unretire my yokomo bd7 and just go with that.
tak4 is offline  
Old 11-28-2019, 04:57 AM
  #2  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (160)
 
SteveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 7,449
Trader Rating: 160 (100%+)
Default

Have a look at the Xpress XQ1S Sport sedan.
Billy Kelly and gigaplex like this.
SteveM is online now  
Old 11-28-2019, 05:02 AM
  #3  
Tech Fanatic
 
KE4PJO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Columbia,Tn.
Posts: 789
Default

Your Yokomo would be just fine to get you back racing. There are going to be plenty of good used '18 and '19 Xray T4's available with the T4'20 model being introduced.
sps3172, Billy Kelly and gigaplex like this.
KE4PJO is offline  
Old 11-28-2019, 05:14 AM
  #4  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 234
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tak4 View Post
Hello beautiful people of the internet. Ive just gotten back into the hobby and am in the market for a 1/10 touring car.

I've been looking around and gosh the cars are so pricey nowadays. I also see a lot of brands that i do not recognise.

Im wondering if there are bargains to be had in the market at this point of time. Similar to the sakuras when they came out. Loaded on features and low on price.

Or would it be wiser to unretire my yokomo bd7 and just go with that.
If you are going to race the car, I would urge you to consider giving your money to the companies that actually support racing (i,e, send drivers to big races, sponsor races, spend money on R&D, etc). In addition to supporting the industry, you'll be doing yourself a favor as there is usually more set up help and despite our modern love affair with 'loaded on features and low on price'.....you still get what you pay for.

If you're just playing in a parking lot, then do whatever feels good.
sps3172 is offline  
Old 11-28-2019, 05:46 AM
  #5  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
tak4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Brunei
Posts: 387
Default

Originally Posted by sps3172 View Post
If you are going to race the car, I would urge you to consider giving your money to the companies that actually support racing (i,e, send drivers to big races, sponsor races, spend money on R&D, etc). In addition to supporting the industry, you'll be doing yourself a favor as there is usually more set up help and despite our modern love affair with 'loaded on features and low on price'.....you still get what you pay for.

If you're just playing in a parking lot, then do whatever feels good.
Point noted but I'm just dabbling in ep races for fun. Not too serious about it. My main class in nitro buggy and thats where my money goes.

This is just to support the struggling on road scene in my country. I will just be an additional racer so we have enough to make organising a race worth the organisers' time and effort.
sps3172 likes this.
tak4 is offline  
Old 11-28-2019, 06:04 AM
  #6  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
tak4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Brunei
Posts: 387
Default

Originally Posted by KE4PJO View Post
Your Yokomo would be just fine to get you back racing. There are going to be plenty of good used '18 and '19 Xray T4's available with the T4'20 model being introduced.
I loved the xrays. I had a t3'12 which drove great before making thw switch to yokomo. Problem with the bd7 is lack of parts. I also doubt i would be able to get a good used car as the rc scene is very small here and so is the used marketplace.
tak4 is offline  
Old 11-30-2019, 12:54 AM
  #7  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 19
Default

Originally Posted by tak4 View Post
I loved the xrays. I had a t3'12 which drove great before making thw switch to yokomo. Problem with the bd7 is lack of parts. I also doubt i would be able to get a good used car as the rc scene is very small here and so is the used marketplace.
I have a nice bd7 2016 that I would be willing to let go for a good price, will come with spare parts bin. Message me if interested.
Mikebrooks is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.