Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Eclipse 3 1/12th pan car kit >

Schumacher Eclipse 3 1/12th pan car kit

Like Tree181Likes

Schumacher Eclipse 3 1/12th pan car kit

Old 09-06-2020, 10:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 3DFLYER View Post

Ally chassis changed over on one of my E3s, will be interesting to see the comparison 👍

Also doing some Mod testing today 😈
Looks great. Did you manage to compare the two chassis on your track? I will be returning to Australia (Perth) after years working in Singapore and am only just getting into pan cars and see the Perth indoor track would be perfect for 1/12. I just purchased an eclipse and will try and get it built before my return. Can I ask what starting point set up for the eclipse you would recommend in terms of springs, option parts (solid rear axle or diff, alloy pivot or original kit is OK) for the track as well as appropriate diameter tires, ride height and the gear ratio for 13.5? Much thanks in advance and huge apologies for all the questions. Look forward to meeting you soon.

Rick Vessell, choisan and 3DFLYER like this.
Old 09-07-2020, 04:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Harold996tt View Post
Looks great. Did you manage to compare the two chassis on your track? I will be returning to Australia (Perth) after years working in Singapore and am only just getting into pan cars and see the Perth indoor track would be perfect for 1/12. I just purchased an eclipse and will try and get it built before my return. Can I ask what starting point set up for the eclipse you would recommend in terms of springs, option parts (solid rear axle or diff, alloy pivot or original kit is OK) for the track as well as appropriate diameter tires, ride height and the gear ratio for 13.5? Much thanks in advance and huge apologies for all the questions. Look forward to meeting you soon.
Yes I have mate, the ally definitely tamned it down a bit which in stock I didn't like as much. The ally car has become my mod car.
Sounds good! Looking forward to meeting you at precc.
Im quite a fan of the spool and myself won't go back to diff unless I absolutely to have it. But I wouldn't say start with it. Stick with the diff until you can hang onto it for 8mins.

Send me a PM mate

Old 09-09-2020, 07:04 AM
Tech Adept

For those interested, here is a buddy of mine driving his E3 on Ashphalt 👍 (pink car)

He took TQ and 3 wins in stock 1/12

https://youtu.be/3MPtKAZXNrQ
choisan, qcrc, LonnyJ1950 and 1 others like this.
Old 09-10-2020, 11:28 PM
Tech Adept

Arrow

Originally Posted by Harold996tt View Post
...............Can I ask what starting point set up for the eclipse you would recommend in terms of springs, option parts (solid rear axle or diff, alloy pivot or original kit is OK) for the track as well as appropriate diameter tires, ride height and the gear ratio for 13.5? Much thanks in advance and huge apologies for all the questions. Look forward to meeting you soon.
-The kit manual settings are more than a good starting point.
-See no reason for alloy pivot to perform differently
- more important! get yourself a spool, will not hurt to have one. With 17,5T i found it easier to drive. As soon as you accelerate hard from a wide corner, it pays off. I found breaking on bumpy track much more controlled. If you have only narrow corners, maybe diff is better. Both versions work well. Plus you have a spare axle in case of breaking one.
-further settings find on schumacher homepage and (my recommendation!) petite rc --> Schumacher Eclipse, Eclipse2 & Eclipse3 Setup Sheets

Best regards, Erhard
choisan and coda1820 like this.
Old 09-11-2020, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For those interested, here is a buddy of mine driving his E3 on Ashphalt 👍 (pink car)

What configuration are they using? 2s 17.5 blinky?
Old 09-12-2020, 12:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
What configuration are they using? 2s 17.5 blinky?
Australian Stock 1/12 uses 13.5 1S Blinky. ( Roar/Brca spec.)
Airwave, 3DFLYER and Erhard like this.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Everyone, I have to chance to buy the first Eclipse for a great price. What are your thoughts on the first one versus the E3? Please let me know, have a chance to get it this weekend.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-14-2020, 05:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by picco007 View Post
Everyone, I have to chance to buy the first Eclipse for a great price. What are your thoughts on the first one versus the E3? Please let me know, have a chance to get it this weekend.

Thanks in advance.
Get the Eclipse 2 or 3 front Axle. The E1 Front Axle is complicated and vulnerable. Before you buy, consider the price add on of this mod.

Best regards, Erhard

P.S.: I started with E1 and had to do the mod - the E1 Front-Axle made me unhappy.
Old 09-22-2020, 11:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

And that's me cracking under pressure into the hair pin :-D
Old 10-20-2020, 11:48 PM
PDR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Building my first 12th, so I may be missing something obvious here. My left steering throw is being blocked by the link hitting the servo. I've tried removing the 2mm shims from the servo posts, but still not quite right.

What should I try next?

Old 10-21-2020, 04:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PDR View Post
Building my first 12th, so I may be missing something obvious here. My left steering throw is being blocked by the link hitting the servo. I've tried removing the 2mm shims from the servo posts, but still not quite right.

What should I try next?

Suggest moving the tie rod inner pivot balls to the front side of the servo saver and then moving the servo so that itís mounting ears are behind the mounting posts rather than in front of them.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:38 AM
Tech Initiate

What should I try next?
​​
Are you using the right ballstuds (U7833)?

I wouldn't move the balls to the front of the saver, as this changes the ackermann a lot.
I would rater space the servosaver out on the servo spline. There's a lot of material and you could easily put a 0.3/0.5mm shim between the saver and the spline and still have a reliable mounting. This will move the servosaver away from the servo. This is what I did on my Sanwa 94971

Regards Robert
Old 10-21-2020, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What should I try next?
Also, and no disrespect intended, how much throw are you getting? I would say that 1/12th generally gets by with much less steering throw than a TC. If you're getting roughly 30 deg. to each side, that should be more than enough. Once you adjust your endpoints and dial in your circles on track, you'll most likely be backed off even further.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:07 PM
PDR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vafactor View Post
Suggest moving the tie rod inner pivot balls to the front side of the servo saver and then moving the servo so that itís mounting ears are behind the mounting posts rather than in front of them.
Noted. See related question/comment below.

Originally Posted by Robert K View Post
​​
Are you using the right ballstuds (U7833)?
Fairly certain this assembly was pre-built in the kit (U7895).

Originally Posted by Robert K View Post
​​
I wouldn't move the balls to the front of the saver, as this changes the ackermann a lot.
I would rater space the servosaver out on the servo spline. There's a lot of material and you could easily put a 0.3/0.5mm shim between the saver and the spline and still have a reliable mounting. This will move the servosaver away from the servo. This is what I did on my Sanwa 94971
This was something I thought about, but couldn't quickly find a shim that fits. I'll keep hunting.

If the steering links remain perpendicular to the centre line of the chassis, does it make a difference (maybe other than weight distribution)? I've seen plenty of Ackermann settings for my TC setups, but it doesn't appear on the Ecipse3 setup sheet (maybe it's implied in the "wheel lock angle"?).

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet View Post
Also, and no disrespect intended, how much throw are you getting? I would say that 1/12th generally gets by with much less steering throw than a TC. If you're getting roughly 30 deg. to each side, that should be more than enough. Once you adjust your endpoints and dial in your circles on track, you'll most likely be backed off even further.
I'm getting to about 23 degrees (inside wheel) before it starts interfering.
Old 11-08-2020, 03:56 PM
Tech Adept

Eclipse 3 on Ashphalt this weekend, not normally something that interests me generally. But I had a ball. And the car was excellent all weekend . Bit of a difference to my open Pro10 and 1/8 but still had a blast

TQ and win in 1/12 stock at WA state titles

coda1820 likes this.

Last edited by 3DFLYER; 11-08-2020 at 09:31 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.