hpi rs4 sport3 steering problem >

hpi rs4 sport3 steering problem

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fishpie

hpi rs4 sport3 steering problem

Old 11-16-2019, 07:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Default hpi rs4 sport3 steering problem

I bought a 20kg servo to replace the old original servo and when I put everything back the car wouldn't just stay on the road.
For example, when I turned the car a bit to the left and then just let go of the steering wheel the car would just continue steer to the left, and the same thing happens when I steer to the right and it just continues steer to the right even in neutral position of the controller wheel.
Also, the steering post feels really loose even though I thightened all of the screws on it.
Help?
Old 11-16-2019, 07:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

What is the speed of your servo? 20kg servos are usually for crawlers and some have slow speed compared to standard servos.

Another one to check is the steering assembly and links. Make sure they are holding well enough with very, very minimal play ofrom the ball connectors..
Old 11-16-2019, 09:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Also check that the servo horn is adequately tightened, not stripped, and the correct size!
Old 11-17-2019, 04:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I would also verity the servo horn has the correct amount of teeth. Off hand I think the HPI servos use the Futaba 25T

There are 3 primarily used teeth counts:

23T: KO & Sanwa
24T: Hitec
25: Futaba & Savx
Old 11-18-2019, 12:06 AM
Tech Rookie

I managed to fix the problem by putting threadlock on some of the servosaver parts, not the best fix but it atleast works. The horn is correct and there isnt any problem with it.
After I put some threadlock on it, the car goes now straight and it handles the road way better than the original servo now.
Nicadrauspro4 likes this.