pre "shorty" touring car shocks >

pre "shorty" touring car shocks

pre "shorty" touring car shocks

Old 11-11-2019, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default pre "shorty" touring car shocks

Here's a question for Y'all.

I have rebirthed a tc4 chassis with the Kaizen conversion. Real nice piece of kit.

Let's first talk replacement shocks. I didn't wish to use the old Associated tc4 team dampers I've had for a damn long time, so I've tried to hunt down suitable replacements. I've tried parts by yeah racing and hobbyking stuff. Cheap, yes. But they're cheap. They're also either too long or too short to use. I have to choose ride height or shock travel...

Any suggestions on where I could possibly find a suitable set of dampers, pre shorty days?

I also have an extra set of tc7 dampers. Are there longer shafts or eyelets that anyine has used to make these conform to the length that was "standard"?

thanks
Old 11-11-2019, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Farmer_John View Post
Here's a question for Y'all.

I have rebirthed a tc4 chassis with the Kaizen conversion. Real nice piece of kit.

Let's first talk replacement shocks. I didn't wish to use the old Associated tc4 team dampers I've had for a damn long time, so I've tried to hunt down suitable replacements. I've tried parts by yeah racing and hobbyking stuff. Cheap, yes. But they're cheap. They're also either too long or too short to use. I have to choose ride height or shock travel...

Any suggestions on where I could possibly find a suitable set of dampers, pre shorty days?

I also have an extra set of tc7 dampers. Are there longer shafts or eyelets that anyine has used to make these conform to the length that was "standard"?

thanks
Consider the shock eyelets from Serpent on-road shocks. They have both long and short versions. I can provide you an example if you need.
Old 11-11-2019, 02:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm using TRF shocks on two of my kits and a set of Yeah Racing "Shock Gear" to another one. Yes it's cheap in price but the performance and materials are not. In fact, it performs even better than I expected for half the price of the TRF. Also, YR have shocks available from 50, 55, 60, and 65mm which are all right sizes for on-road or rally.
Old 11-11-2019, 02:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by davidl View Post
Consider the shock eyelets from Serpent on-road shocks. They have both long and short versions. I can provide you an example if you need.
Their TC stuff or 1/8?
Old 11-11-2019, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

It could be easier/cheaper to get some shorter shock towers made?
Old 11-11-2019, 04:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Any regular Tamiya TRF Damper or TRF big bore damper (not SSBB) should be the standard size. High quality, tons of replacement parts, and should also match the AE colour scheme. They also come with short and longer eyelets.

One more thing, the original TC7 (not 7.1 7.2) shocks should be standard size, so why do you need them longer? Do you need more than 6mm ride height?
Old 11-11-2019, 05:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by herrokero View Post
Any regular Tamiya TRF Damper or TRF big bore damper (not SSBB) should be the standard size. High quality, tons of replacement parts, and should also match the AE colour scheme. They also come with short and longer eyelets.

One more thing, the original TC7 (not 7.1 7.2) shocks should be standard size, so why do you need them longer? Do you need more than 6mm ride height?
Sorry, 7.2.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Farmer_John View Post
Sorry, 7.2.
Look up "tamiya v parts" theres an extra long eyelet that should give enough length