R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Looking for a new charger....any tips??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/105318-looking-new-charger-any-tips.html)

SOuthernFRIED 03-10-2006 12:05 PM

Looking for a new charger....any tips???

I am looking to update my charger's. Right I gotta couple of INDI's a 19x9v6 and a 16x5v6.

I need a charger that will charge the I.B. 3800's, Li-Po's, and other stuff, like a glow plug igniter and various transmitter and receiver packs.

I really need a charger that cna do all these things ,but charging the 3800's is the main priority.

Any suggestions????

I've thought hard about the Much More cell master,but I hear it doesn't do a very good job of charging anyhting but sub c's.

Also looked at the INDI 16x8 ,but without memory slots I dunno about it. Over the course of a day we charge several differnet kinds of batts and the memory slots really come in handy.

rocketron 03-10-2006 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by SOuthernFRIED
I need a charger that will charge the I.B. 3800's, Li-Po's, and other stuff, like a glow plug igniter and various transmitter and receiver packs.
I really need a charger that cna do all these things ,but charging the 3800's is the main priority.

take a look at the latest Orion charger, it charges LiPo's with adj amps that are higher than most car chargers anyway. With the added plus being they charge IB cell and others very very well.

R40Victim 03-10-2006 12:18 PM

Or, you could save a bunch of money and pick up an ICE. I didn't like the idea of having anything with a Duratrax lable on it, but this thing does so well, and is so versitle, you simply can't deny the bargin...

rcguy2477 03-10-2006 12:29 PM

I second the Ice. Most versatile I have ever used. After testing, I found the Ice to actually give much cleaner current than the MM charger.

Glowster21 03-10-2006 12:30 PM

I've used the Futaba CDR5000, The Pulsars of all models, and most recently have switched to the Cell Masters. So far I like them the best of all. They do all different types of packs and cells and work great. No problems charging Lipo's, Receiver Packs, and Transmitter packs. Also, the GFX will be lipo capable soon.

Darkseid 03-10-2006 12:42 PM

The ICE is quite simply the best value on the market. It has all the useful features of the high end chargers, plus the low cost and Lipo charging ability.

Spending anything more for a charger than what the ICE cost, is more about paying for a name than anything else.

Andrew_Carter 03-10-2006 01:00 PM

Yer but its still Duratrax

I have the Much More cell master,Very pleased with mine. Does everything you could want it to do,step charging,lipo cells the lot.

The choice of the likes of hara and co to! :sneaky:

Tony Vega 03-10-2006 01:55 PM

Cell Master all the way. Nice and small.

LasagnaCat 03-10-2006 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Vega
Cell Master all the way. Nice and small.

and LOUD.

We have two, and they're great... but it's like sitting next to a pair or turbines spooling up. :nod:

Andrew_Carter 03-10-2006 03:05 PM

Its no worry trackside tho.

CypressMidWest 03-10-2006 03:23 PM

Go for the ICE. I too was very leery of the Duratrax name, but let's be honest, Duratrax doesn't build these things, they buy them from someone else, and rebadge them. It has plenty of Charge profilesenough for virtually anything, and it will charge virtually anything. If it discharged at 30 amps I'd get rid of my Turbo30!

GrandeGixxer 03-10-2006 03:35 PM

The Ice is pretty good. I use it for everything. I too race gas and need it for glow ignitors and rx packs and such. It does it all. The only battery I have that it wont charge is my 12v gelcel in my starter box. But for the money, it can't be beat.

rc10bob 03-10-2006 03:38 PM

who carries the cell master

Andrew_Carter 03-10-2006 04:55 PM

Im sure Presicion Rc and Speedtech do.also Nexus has loads of MM stuf.

Id really recomend the Cell master :nod:

rcguy2477 03-10-2006 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew_Carter
Yer but its still Duratrax

I have the Much More cell master,Very pleased with mine. Does everything you could want it to do,step charging,lipo cells the lot.

The choice of the likes of hara and co to! :sneaky:

Duratrax merely just relables the charger. None of the chargers are actually manufacutred by duratrax.