Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
RC10L steering conversion. >

RC10L steering conversion.

RC10L steering conversion.

Old 11-02-2019, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

Default RC10L steering conversion.

My 10L uses the rods that are clamped together to connect the servo with the wheels. I remember a few people had either made something or bought a kit to convert it to turnbuckles. IIRC you had to do it a certain way for clearance to the rims.

Does anyone remember how it was done before I start ordering random parts?
Old 11-02-2019, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Look at any modern 10th or 12th pancar. What you want is standard on every kit now
Old 11-02-2019, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

You wouldn't happen to know the size of the ball stud and cap would you? I remember there being clearance issues between it and the rim. But it's been MANY years. The TA part number I can find is discontinued.
Old 11-03-2019, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

On my personal RC10L, I had purchased Rocket City Specialties Heim joints, which featured 1/8th inch balls with 2-56 holes. I of course used 2-56 screws and locknuts to attach them to both the steering hubs and the servo saver. The bodies of these Heim joints were thick enough that I was able to use RC Performance Specialties (Cliff Letís brand before it was bought up by AE and turned into the Factory Team Parts division) 4-40 Turnbuckles.

I performed this conversion when I bought the car, and never had a problem with clearance nor performance. As a matter of fact, I still have my car, which Iím thinking of painting a nice body up for and making her a nice shelf queen.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Hauptmann6, if you could we have a dedicated Pro10 thread, in which the Pro10 fans are more than helpful to help. As such, this would be the best area to post your questions, should you have further more:

Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion