Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Xray T4 '19 shock absorbers >

Xray T4 '19 shock absorbers

Xray T4 '19 shock absorbers

Old 10-26-2019, 01:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Xray T4 '19 shock absorbers

Guys
Have recently purchased an xray t4 '19 and car came with 2 sets of shocks and want to clear up in my mind the shock options. So the standard shocks ULP (308308) are 49mm in length and are on the car and have 4 x 1.1mm holes in the pistons. The spare set of SLP shocks (308307-k) are 56mm long and have the progressive insert option (308039) with the solid piston. Do the longer shocks require new shock towers ? Our track is asphalt low grip. Am interested to know if the PSS system offers any benefits ?
Old 10-26-2019, 01:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Yes, you need to run the SLP towers.
Old 10-26-2019, 09:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Is there any benefit to running the pss option on the xray shocks ?
Old 10-27-2019, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)

The ULP's are better for carpet racing, especially with the 4x1.1 pistons.

The SLPS I am told are better for asphalt racing, I am not 100% how the pss affect the shocks. However If you peruse over the xray t4 thread on here or facebook. I believe Robbie Dodge(rctech), or hagberg(facebook) are excellent about responding to questions. I am sure there are other knowledgeable people out there as well.
Old 10-27-2019, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

I personally have never tested back to back between slp and ulp. When ulp came out, I completely committed to it and did not ever go back to slp. That said, I definitely understand the theory that slp would or could be better than ulp on low grip or bumpy track conditions.

Between pss and standard shocks, Ive seen mixed results, as have some of my teammates from the west coast. When PSS works it is amazing, but sometimes it just doesn’t work (depending on the track and conditions). 2 years ago at my home asphalt track (bumpy medium-low grip parking lot) I found PSS with 650cst oil to be dialed, but this year that combination was junk while 4x1.1 with 500cst oil was dialed. Maybe with the wear and aging on the surface from the winter, the grip we had went away and that caused this. Basically, you just need to try it and make your own assessment, I can’t really give like a golden rule on this.

I don’t think this really helps, I feel like it may add to the confusion but hopefully it helps in some way.