Like Tree266Likes

Schumacher Mi7

Old 10-27-2019, 07:41 AM
  #106  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (210)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 30,794
Trader Rating: 210 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Brian10811 View Post
Anyone who has ran the Mi7 car please let us know the results for the first trip to the track. What surface are you running on and what class do you race with the new Mi7? I am curious how the cars effect to setup change and did you use the box stock setup?
Thanks,
just get what the fastest car is at the track lol
Ggrant likes this.
Marcos.J is offline  
Old 10-27-2019, 07:49 AM
  #107  
Tech Adept
 
Brian10811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 240
Default

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
just get what the fastest car is at the track lol
Are you referring to your car?
Yesterday the Xray copy cat was the fastest car at the track and I already have a Xray.
Marcos.J likes this.
Brian10811 is offline  
Old 10-28-2019, 04:52 AM
  #108  
Tech Initiate
 
Robert K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 27
Default

Originally Posted by Half_Ghost View Post
So what are the spare parts we should have on hand from this kit? Just about to start assembling mine, and pretty new to TC racing (coming from 2wd buggy), just wondering what are the parts (like arms for buggy's for example) to have on hand for stuff breaking or wearing out?
Just to make racing easier I have:
- 2 extra diff's. I like swapping a diff more then changing the oil at the track. (not necessary just easy)
- the 53.3mm option arms, but fully mountable with all plastics on them.
- I always have a practice drivetrain and a race day drivetrain (Bearings and Driveshafts) just to make wrenching in between Saturday and Sunday faster and to have less wear. I use this for a complete season. (The old MI6 axles fit the MI7 ;-) ) Not necessary just easy
- I converted an Mi6 ULP shock set to a Mi7 set, see diff's why ;-) (not necessary just easy)
- Rollbar set always nice to have.
- U7817, U7818, U7847

In spares I have:
U7748, U7809, U7734, U7733, U7747, U7736, U7737, U7767, U7765, U7928, U7929.
But itís more to be sure. I havenít broken anything and the things that wear out are normal drivetrain parts (beltís, axles, bearings and sometimes a spur gear)


Originally Posted by Brian10811 View Post
Anyone who has ran the Mi7 car please let us know the results for the first trip to the track. What surface are you running on and what class do you race with the new Mi7? I am curious how the cars effect to setup change and did you use the box stock setup?
Thanks,
I ran the MI7 for the first time yesterday. Only four batteries of time (track is only open in the morning). I ran ETS medium grip carpet and the biggest class is 17.5T stock with hand out motor and fixed ratio. All in all the car feels great. Not as Ďhardí as the MI6evo. Doesnít step out, doesnít grip roll that easy and responds really well to set-up changes. I could put the throttle on a bit earlier and it felt so incredibly safe and trustful. Changing a diff only takes four screws!

I didnít use the kit set-up. I used a bit of Olly and a bit of my MI6evo setup. Car felt alright, just lacked a bit of corner entry and exit steering. But with the fourth battery I managed to reach the same lap times as the MI6evo which I ran for years.

Regards Robert
Robert K is offline  
Old 10-28-2019, 05:51 AM
  #109  
Tech Adept
 
Brian10811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 240
Default

Originally Posted by Robert K View Post
Just to make racing easier I have:
- 2 extra diff's. I like swapping a diff more then changing the oil at the track. (not necessary just easy)
- the 53.3mm option arms, but fully mountable with all plastics on them.
- I always have a practice drivetrain and a race day drivetrain (Bearings and Driveshafts) just to make wrenching in between Saturday and Sunday faster and to have less wear. I use this for a complete season. (The old MI6 axles fit the MI7 ;-) ) Not necessary just easy
- I converted an Mi6 ULP shock set to a Mi7 set, see diff's why ;-) (not necessary just easy)
- Rollbar set always nice to have.
- U7817, U7818, U7847

In spares I have:
U7748, U7809, U7734, U7733, U7747, U7736, U7737, U7767, U7765, U7928, U7929.
But itís more to be sure. I havenít broken anything and the things that wear out are normal drivetrain parts (beltís, axles, bearings and sometimes a spur gear)




I ran the MI7 for the first time yesterday. Only four batteries of time (track is only open in the morning). I ran ETS medium grip carpet and the biggest class is 17.5T stock with hand out motor and fixed ratio. All in all the car feels great. Not as Ďhardí as the MI6evo. Doesnít step out, doesnít grip roll that easy and responds really well to set-up changes. I could put the throttle on a bit earlier and it felt so incredibly safe and trustful. Changing a diff only takes four screws!

I didnít use the kit set-up. I used a bit of Olly and a bit of my MI6evo setup. Car felt alright, just lacked a bit of corner entry and exit steering. But with the fourth battery I managed to reach the same lap times as the MI6evo which I ran for years.

Regards Robert
sounds like a very good 1st day in my book. Thanks for the input.
Brian10811 is offline  
Old 10-28-2019, 03:57 PM
  #110  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 605
Default MI7, DiscountRCStore

Ordered my kit from Discount RC Store. Missing two small parts. Contacted Discount RC through their website on Friday. I got an immediate reply that they were closed Friday and Saturday. Got another message from Discount on Sunday saying the parts I am missing were scheduled to arrive at Discount on Monday and they would send them to me asap. Home from work Monday evening and another message that the parts were shipped. Can't say enough good things about Discount RC Store.

Thanks again Phil,

Dave
ASM, Marcos.J, qcrc and 2 others like this.
dave is offline  
Old 10-28-2019, 06:37 PM
  #111  
ASM
Tech Master
iTrader: (26)
 
ASM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Posts: 1,866
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Phil is a class act! He has always supplied the best support in every way possible.
qcrc and ImacFanatic like this.
ASM is offline  
Old 10-28-2019, 06:55 PM
  #112  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (58)
 
The Teacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 5,083
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Phil is the man, been ordering Schumacher parts/kits and all kinds of other stuff from him for a while....
qcrc, ImacFanatic and Bricar3 like this.
The Teacher is offline  
Old 10-28-2019, 08:25 PM
  #113  
Tech Master
 
patorz31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Edmonton Ab
Posts: 1,544
Default


Now to make it weigh 1350...
ImacFanatic likes this.
patorz31 is offline  
Old 10-29-2019, 01:31 AM
  #114  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 605
Default

Will someone measure the thickness of the hub setting tool, I don't seem to have this part either.
Thanks,
Dave
ASM likes this.
dave is offline  
Old 10-29-2019, 04:42 AM
  #115  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (11)
 
qcrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: IA Quad Cities
Posts: 426
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dave View Post
Will someone measure the thickness of the hub setting tool, I don't seem to have this part either.
Thanks,
Dave

Mine measures 1.4mm
qcrc is offline  
Old 10-29-2019, 08:49 AM
  #116  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 40
Default

Originally Posted by patorz31 View Post
Now to make it weigh 1350...
Hi, what kind of electronics/bodyshell do you have on your car to get to 1256g ?
patorz31 likes this.
TeamRacing80 is offline  
Old 10-29-2019, 10:03 AM
  #117  
Tech Master
 
patorz31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Edmonton Ab
Posts: 1,544
Default

Originally Posted by TeamRacing80 View Post
Hi, what kind of electronics/bodyshell do you have on your car to get to 1256g ?
team powers v3 21.5 ,the small hobbywing stock spec esc, team powers dcs aluminum servo, sanwa 482 receiver, muchmore 5500 lcg battery and a lightweight montech racer 2 body.

patorz31 is offline  
Old 10-29-2019, 02:11 PM
  #118  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 605
Default

Originally Posted by qcrc View Post
Mine measures 1.4mm
Thanks,

Dave
dave is offline  
Old 10-29-2019, 08:00 PM
  #119  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 111
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I just started building my kit! Just wont be able to drive it for another month until the next local on road event
ChadoSan is offline  
Old 10-29-2019, 08:32 PM
  #120  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Swamp Rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Logan
Posts: 3,774
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Droop Gauge spacer

How is the droop gauge spacer used ??
Swamp Rat is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.